Quantcast

Author Topic: Testosterone from 200's to 500's and Back to 200's  (Read 8834 times)

Hype

• View Profile
Re: Testosterone from 200's to 500's and Back to 200's
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 03:21:15 am »
I see, well now im at about 15-16%, prior to dropping to 5-6% I was 11%

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 06:00:11 am »
Well i just got a reading of 250 while eating 3500 calories, of which 90g fats (45g sat, rest mono)

what was your bodyfat at that time?
getting to "about 5-6% bf." and  your body is going to think it's starving,and shut  thing down,  increase some calories/bodyfat,  or get on trt, and you'll be fine

Yeah it did shutdown, that is why i have been reverse dietting since my post comp reading of 200 (was on a low calorie diet)
I increased calories progressively to 3500 a day and got the reading off 550. (good news)
Without no change in diet, still eating a calorie surplus, my reading has dropped to 250
I am questioning the diagnosis of diet being the issue, why would it crash again? I am still eating 3500 cals a day from all whole food sources.

diet wasnt the issue, the issue was bodyfat percentage.  (which is why I asked about the testosterone readings and their relation to your bodyfat level.
and  on top of that, you have all the variables about the actual Testosterone test.)

full fat cells make hormone leptin......lyle mcdonald explains it very well:
A single example should help to make my point. In natural (read: nondrug using) individuals who have dieted down to extremely low bodyfat levels, say 5%, you see acommon hormonal pattern. Testosterone levels are typically bottomed out (some studies even find castrate levels, which is why a lot of natural contest bodybuilders can't get their dick hard, not that they have a sex drive in the first place), thyroid levels are bottomed out, IGF-1 levels are bottomed out, sympathetic nervous system output is way down meaning decreased caloric and fat burning, appetite is through the roof, cortisol is through the roof, on and on it goes. This makes good evolutionary sense: at 5% bodyfat, you are starving to death. Your body is turning off every system (metabolic, reproductive, immune, etc.) that it can to keep you alive until you get some food.
Contrast that to a dieting professional bodybuilder. With the choice of the right drugs, he can eliminate pretty much all of the above problems. Anabolic steroids replace natural testosterone, synthetic thyroid replaces what the body is no longer making, injectable insulin, GH, and IGF-1 fix the insulin, GH and IGF-1 problem, clenbuterol replaces sympathetic nervous system output, appetite suppressants can deal with appetite and anti-cortisol drugs deal with
the cortisol problem. That's only a partial drug list, by the way.
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/ultimate-diet-20

Didn't know a lot of those guys do that.  Madness...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 06:00:11 am »

bzarfas

• View Profile
    • http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Enemies
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 03:40:33 pm »

Didn't know a lot of those guys do that.  Madness...

yeah, just a different form of secondary hypogonadism, instead of too fat, its too lean.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 03:40:33 pm »