Quantcast

Author Topic: Putting Supplements Under FDA Control  (Read 4299 times)

phatphish

• View Profile
Putting Supplements Under FDA Control
« on: May 21, 2014, 04:48:19 pm »
It's not just Europe that's squelching our supps. There has been many attempts from our own senators to put our supps under direct control of the FDA and FTC. If a particular senator I believe is from California, has his way, you won't be able to get even vitamins until they have been tested and approved by the FDA and then only with a prescription. I am a heavy supp user because I have many medical conditions and Rx's have failed me so many times. Just google Senator Durbin and dietary supplements. Our congress has been watching what happens in Europe in hopes of gaining strength against supps here. My health will suffer greatly without my supps. I've been watching this debate very closely.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Putting Supplements Under FDA Control
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 07:12:57 pm »
It's not just Europe that's squelching our supps. There has been many attempts from our own senators to put our supps under direct control of the FDA and FTC. If a particular senator I believe is from California, has his way, you won't be able to get even vitamins until they have been tested and approved by the FDA and then only with a prescription. I am a heavy supp user because I have many medical conditions and Rx's have failed me so many times. Just google Senator Durbin and dietary supplements. Our congress has been watching what happens in Europe in hopes of gaining strength against supps here. My health will suffer greatly without my supps. I've been watching this debate very closely.

I'd love it if you made this a separate thread and posted some quality info in it.  I'll sticky it if it's good enough info (so it will stay at the top of the board).
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 07:12:57 pm »

phatphish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 07:36:04 pm »
Peak, I would love to, but I'm a techno idiot! I have a hard time figuring out how to post links.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 07:46:56 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 09:49:58 pm »
Great info.  Thx Phatphish.

Yeah, Big Pharma is really under siege:  you now have great nutraceutical solutions coming out, biotech solutions, nutritional solutions (like reversing diabetes by Bernard and Whitaker) as well as much more media exposure about the same.  I don't think Americans will put up with that, but I guess you never know.

Of course, the real problem with the supplement industry is that you have some extremely well run players and then you have a bevy of sleazebags.  But, still, I don't think anyone wants the FDA to have more power - at least no one I've ever chatted with.

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 10:13:40 pm »
I can see it now...Vitamin C on the Black Market....lol. 

All laughing aside, government is known to do plenty of things that are just as ridiculous.  Making supplements, or even drugs for that matter, illegal without a prescription is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.  Of course the Constitution is walked on regularly these days...

I am convinced that corrupt leadership in the country (and the world) want to keep the people weak, uneducated and sick.  They want us to think/believe that they are protecting us from ourselves, which IMO is just plain stupid.  Unfortunately, there are plenty that believe it....

If they make valuable supplements illegal, the government will be turning good citizens into "criminals".   Would YOU rather break the law and live a healthy life or obey the law, stay sick and die young?  As time goes by, "the law" has less and less to do with what is right or wrong....

bzarfas

• View Profile
    • http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Enemies
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 10:30:34 pm »

All laughing aside, government is known to do plenty of things that are just as ridiculous.  Making supplements, or even drugs for that matter, illegal without a prescription is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.  Of course the Constitution is walked on regularly these days...

I brought this up a few months ago..
Its about legalizing all drugs, since I can sit in front of my TV 20hours/day, get drunk, smoke nicotine, eat transfats,but I pick up some pot, or inject heroin, and Im going to jail? huh?  lack of consistency

most of you guys are pretty sharp, I'm on board with what this Captain is saying; I don't know why more people arent?  if we can make a ton of money instead of spend $80billion a year, I see nothing wrong with that.
thoughts?
remember, as you watch this, alcohol and nicotine are legal(and kill thousands of users and non users a year), so why not pot/crack/etc?
Retired Police Captain demolishes the War on Drugs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycUO4aV7YoA&list=PLIBM8gJV0A0S4ndBV1tUpzXk80Cstx1rY

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 06:05:41 am »

I am convinced that corrupt leadership in the country (and the world) want to keep the people weak, uneducated and sick.  They want us to think/believe that they are protecting us from ourselves, which IMO is just plain stupid.  Unfortunately, there are plenty that believe it....

If they make valuable supplements illegal, the government will be turning good citizens into "criminals".   Would YOU rather break the law and live a healthy life or obey the law, stay sick and die young?  As time goes by, "the law" has less and less to do with what is right or wrong....

I'm not sure Americans really need any help from the government to make themselves sick.  They seem to be doing a pretty good job all by themselves.  Basically, most people simply have no discipline when it comes to what they shove in the pie hole unfortunately.  Most of us - and I was this way to a significant extent - had to learn the hard way. 

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 06:05:41 am »