Quantcast

Author Topic: Fluoxetine (Prozac) and Sex Hormones  (Read 3052 times)

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
Fluoxetine (Prozac) and Sex Hormones
« on: May 30, 2014, 09:50:33 pm »
Anyone familiar with negative effects of fluoxetine on sex hormones? 

I ask because I've been doing some thinking on when things got bad for me back in February before I was diagnosed with low testosterone.  It all started with insomnia that finally "snapped" into a chronic fatigue state, including moderate-high brain fog, memory, and concentration issues.  This was difficult and disorienting, but it was bearable. 

Then after a week of this I went to my previous doc and got prescribed fluoxetine (Prozac), after which things went to shit: insomnia got a lot worse, as did anxiety, I started having a leg twitch, ED, intense brain fog and concentration (I could barely read), feeling hot/flushed for short periods of time, and a few other things.  I'm wondering if it either lowered my already too low testosterone level, or a related hormone, such as estradiol or prolactin (I tested negative for a prolactinoma).  I remember a few weeks after this (when I was just starting T injections) that I had clicky/poppy joints when working out, which (with the other symptoms above) gradually went away after being on testosterone.  I was also on a low dose of buproprion (Wellbutrin) at the time (75-150 mgs).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 09:53:22 pm by Kierkegaard »
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

Peak Testosterone Forum

Fluoxetine (Prozac) and Sex Hormones
« on: May 30, 2014, 09:50:33 pm »