Quantcast

Author Topic: Observations after 1 month HRT  (Read 35987 times)

FightLowT

• View Profile
Re: Observations after 1 month HRT
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 05:46:04 am »
PRSartist I totally empathize with you. The best doctor I could find to help me out with my problems never thought that HCG would cause any E2 spikes. My Estrohen before any treatment was like 17pg/ml..Maybe a little low due to having testosterone in the 300-350ng/dl range. Anyway while on the HCG it went to something like 70 pg/ml and my T went up siginificantly as well roughly twice the amount it was baseline before hcg. I asked him don't you think my E2 levels may rise with the hcg injections? He was like no they shouldnt... >: Well they did..Big fucking surprise I knew more than the doctor...wa wa waaa...I swear to God if I had a script pad myself and access to labs I would be in so much better hands than guys who supposedly are the professionals and went to school for this shit.

Again this is why people drive and fly thousands of miles out of state to get the care they need because these douche aholic doctors don't know what they are doing..Please read this and let your mighty ego's deflate if you are here as a passerby and a "doctor". They probably aren't though because they have other important things to tend to like seeing their GF on the side of their marriage with a woman who is tired of their bullshit. Well their patients are tired of it too....

I love how they like to explain what is happening when you know what is happening better than they do. I just want to sit there at times and lift my leg and shoot a nice big greasy fart right in their  faces when they give me that bullshit..."I'm the doctor , I'm like a god, I know everything..you are just a blue collar piece of shit that is incapable of even understanding or comprehending any of this "...

You may need to go see a real doctor my friend...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 08:47:30 am »
88??  Well, glad you caught it and glad the site played a role in flagging that. 

Btw, that testicle aching theory is a new one to me.  I'm not saying they're wrong, but, from what I've seen, men generally get little testicular shrinkage.  Yes, the testes partly shut down, but this seems overstated.  If anyone else has run across this, let me know...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 08:47:30 am »

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 09:27:07 am »
They made it sound common!  And that somewhat makes since
Any muscle that's not used or stimulated will atrophy.
Why not the testicles.  She said they always include HCG in their treatment
Regiment for this reason.  When I say shrinking I don't mean to the size of
A rice Krispy!  It's just slightly noticeable, but it's definitely not in my imagination!
I don't think the testicles shutting down and shrinking can be "overstated"!
It definitely not a pleasant discovery!

As far as the ache, it's definately not BAD! Just noticible
And probably what brought me to the slight shrinkage discovery.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 01:25:45 pm »
PRSArtist:  Your case seems a little different of course.  I'm just saying that the normal guy on HRT doesn't watch his testicles dramatically decrease in size, nor experience testicular pain from what I am hearing "on the streets".  One guy on injections here said that he experienced that, though, i.e. a decrease in size.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 01:25:45 pm »

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 01:37:26 pm »
Peak T

I'm sure everyone responds differently to a certain degree.
And this is no "dramatic" decrease by any means!
At first I thought I was imagining it.  I'm fairly certain others
Going through the same as me may not even notice. Ive just
Been very aware of what's happening to my body for the past 5 years
As I became worse and worse, and no Dr.'s were helping.
Plus we all know how sensitive the boys are to ANY amount of discomfort!
(I would not call this "pain")

teaman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 04:04:38 pm »
I have experienced similar effects of TRT and my balls have shrunk a little and have ached a little.  I just thought this was normal as well. 

However, my Testosterone was like 940 last time i had it drawn and Estradial was like 24 or something.  Could the high Estradial be a weight issue?

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 04:18:15 pm »
No, actually 24 was my baseline estradiol.
It has steadily risen since starting TRT. Im curious to see how long it takes
To notice the effects of the AI? (hopefully not long)
This really sucks at the moment!!

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2012, 03:08:22 pm »
i think your dosage of T is too high and that's why your body wants to convert so much of it to estrogen.  you probably shouldnt be 940 the day before a weekly injection, 940 would be very high for a 20 year old.

having said that, arimidex has done wonders for me in the 2 months i've been taking it, and my E2 was only 48 after a few months on hcg.  the doc prescribed me 0.5mg ED, which is higher than what most people i read about on msg boards take.  i tried that at first, felt nothing for about 10 days, then all of a sudden i started waking up with the biggest erections id experienced in many years.  and libido came back and now i think about sex all the time.  just the hcg alone wasnt doing it for me even though it did raise my T levels.  i have now cut back to 0.5mg EOD, which is still higher than most people seem to take, but it seems to be working for me.  i read a comment on another more steroid oriented forum where a guy was saying to calibrate the arimidex dosage based on morning wood, because if it gets too low you wont have it, but if it's just right it will be huge and powerful.  i now have morning wood every time i wake up, whether middle of the night, morning, whatever, so i am going to assume i am getting it right, dont have bloodwork scheduled for 6 more weeks to know for sure.  before starting hcg i was getting it once every 2 weeks or so, then improved to about every other day, now it's literally 100% of the time and so strong its almost painful if sleeping on my stomach.

additionally my lingering belly fat is finally starting to come off.  i'm 6'3 and have weighed in the 205-208 range for years, even though i work out aggressively and am quite muscular.  i had no fat anywhere by my gut, none whatsoever on arms or legs.  finally the gut has started shrinking and i weighed in the other day at 199.  i think 195-197 would be an ideal weight for me, so getting close. 

anyway the doc never even tested the E2 the first few times i went in, so dont know if it was high or not to begin with, or if the hcg drove it high.  the doc didnt want to give me the arimidex for it being just a little high, but i insisted on it and am so happy i did.  all i can say is, based on my experience, be sure your doc is testing E2, and demand an estrogen blocker if it's high.  everyone is different, and you can find plenty of comments on other boards how someone had a bad experience on arimidex, but for me it's been fantastic.

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2012, 03:28:02 pm »
Thanks for the responce,  my dosage may be quite
High, but to be honest I'm quite happy to be at 940
On my lowest day!  I feel strong! And MUCH better than before
Starting TRT!  I would much rather get my estradiol down before
Lowering the dose.  Between weeks 2-5 things were great
(morning wood EVERY morning!). But that went south fast
After week 5 to nearly total ED!!  I have to think rising estradiol
Is the culprit here....   I don't get tested for another 6 weeks (may be sooner
If I don't see some improvement soon!). So I guess my morning wood will be the judge?

They started me on "anastrozole" to get my E2 under control
Before starting HCG......

It's just frustrating.....

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2012, 04:13:45 pm »
right anastrozole is the generic name for arimidex.  i take the generic too.  what dosage does he have you on?  id think youd need a relatively high one given how high your t dosage and e2 is.

its pretty interesting how morning wood seems to be such a key marker of health and hormonal balance, and how much you can tell just from that

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2012, 04:17:02 pm »
one other thing, i agree with you to be frustrated that they didnt put you on arimidex right away when you were at 58, but i do see their point about why they dont want to introduce 2 drugs at once because they need a baseline.  so i understand why they are making you wait on the hcg. 

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2012, 04:22:06 pm »
The dose is either 25 or .25
2x a week.

I just had mt 2nd one yesterday
Plan on taking it on Wednesday (injection day)
And Saturday's or Sunday's???
They said day didn't matter??

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2012, 09:35:59 pm »
so a quarter of a pill twice a week? 1 pill is 1mg, so if its .25mg hed want you to split the pill 4 ways.  i hate to tell you something as if im a doctor, because im not, but as high as your e2 is that may not be enough.  most people i see taking 0.5mg 2x/week, i do it every other day.  if you have blood work relatively soon id just do what he says of course and see what happens.

people have a tough time getting the dosage on arimidex just right from what i can gather.  its very tough to get the e2 just right, not too low or too high.  thats why im sticking with what im doing as long as i keep getting good morning wood and if i notice any weakening there i might drop the frequency to every 3rd day
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 09:40:28 pm by 399 »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2012, 09:40:46 pm »
That's exactly right.  This should be monitored by a knowledgeable doc who won't let your E2 to too high or too low.

If you want to see the consequences of trying to do it yourself, just read some of the steroid boards and the stories about joints aching and libido vanishing, etc.

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 10:13:59 pm »
The actually have me on .25 anastrozole 2x/week
From a compounding pharmacy (no cutting up pills)

I agree with this dosage most likely not being enough
I have enough to take every 3 days till my next lab.

Luckily (or unlucky) depending how you look at it my
Libido is really high, like a 16 y.o.! 
Im thinking about sex nearly every hour of the day!
(I had NO sex drive at all before starting TRT)

Never expected rising E2 levels to cause complete ED!
But that's the only level that was off on my last bloodwork.
This really REALLY sucks! (can't say it enough...SUCKS)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2012, 10:13:59 pm »