Quantcast

Author Topic: Urologist's & TRT  (Read 4812 times)

Steady

• TRT Since 9/2012
    • View Profile
Urologist's & TRT
« on: June 12, 2014, 05:48:13 pm »
While visiting a urologist yesterday for other purposes I discussed the possibility of him taking over management of my TRT. I'm currently using an online clinic but wouldn't mind a change so I could use my insurance coverage. I asked a few questions:

Do you currently manage TRT for some patients? "Oh, sure."

Do you allow self injection and if so how about twice weekly injections? "If someone was interested in self injection it's allowed but there is no value to such frequent injections."

How do you gauge if it is working? "I maintain total testosterone between 400 and 500 using gels or injections. "

So, just the number not symptoms or patient's perceived benefit? <No answer, just changed the subject.

How about HCG and Aromatase Inhibitors? >Pause, blank look, and then changed the subject.

Needless to say he won't be getting my TRT business. I truly don't understand why these doctors don't enthusiastically jump into what could easily be a lucrative service of real value to the patients in need.
2/12/12 - TT=212, FT=5.3
7/15/13 - TT=876, FT=26.5, E2=17.8
9/19/13 - TT=534, FT=12.5, E2=12
12/5/2013 - TT=701, FT=18.3, E2=15.1
4/21/14 - TT=1002, E2=10.4
6/6/14 - TT=752, FT=18.1, SHBG=28, E2=14.2
7/28/14 - TT=1093, FT=30, E2=65.6b & 46s
10/22/14 - TT=1104, FT=32.6, E2=10s
4/24/15 - TT=945, FT=20.2, E2=48.6s
Prior to last labs SubQ (11/3):
TCyp 34mg & HCG 250iu M/W/F
Current Protocol SubQ:
TCyp 36mg & HCG 250iu & 0.04mg AI - M/W/F

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Urologist's & TRT
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 05:56:20 pm »
Well, clearly, he has not taken an active interest in this and done any research.  And, if you didn't know that much about a subject like this, what you do?  Probably the same thing as him and be super cautious.  My urologist back in the day was identical.  He used compounding and got me into the upper 400's and he knew very little about the subject.  It wasn't until he found out about pellets that he got excited and - dare I say it? - because of the procedure fees involved.

Anyway, try not to think about it too much and just move on.  Btw, some guys do feel good in the 500's, so you can try it.  I never did, but everyone is different.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 05:56:20 pm »

phatphish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 02:08:35 am »
My Endo tried to keep me between 700 and 800 free test. But mention HCG or supps and he almost yelled "you don't want to go there! Supps will do you NO good!"
Well, I've proved him wrong. I haven't pulled any numbers, but I've not had an injection of cyp for 3 months and the sex is just getting better! Even started waking up with woodies, which I didn't have even with injections. I take KRG, Trib, Pycnogenol, ashwaganda, ginkgo, vit. D,E,B complex. Started using kudzu. Also trying to detox with MSM and Pau d'arco. Finally got off of PPI's after 20 years. Also take ginger, although I've recently seen research that says ginger may inhibit NO, but that's for another thread. Maybe someone knows more about this than I do that can enlighten us.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 02:59:40 am »
My Endo tried to keep me between 700 and 800 free test. But mention HCG or supps and he almost yelled "you don't want to go there! Supps will do you NO good!"
Well, I've proved him wrong. I haven't pulled any numbers, but I've not had an injection of cyp for 3 months and the sex is just getting better! Even started waking up with woodies, which I didn't have even with injections. I take KRG, Trib, Pycnogenol, ashwaganda, ginkgo, vit. D,E,B complex. Started using kudzu. Also trying to detox with MSM and Pau d'arco. Finally got off of PPI's after 20 years. Also take ginger, although I've recently seen research that says ginger may inhibit NO, but that's for another thread. Maybe someone knows more about this than I do that can enlighten us.

That's because endothelial function and NO and arterial health are just as important to morning erections as testosterone.  You need the hubby AND wife to show up at that marriage.

By the way, I urge you to just try the ginger and see what it does for YOU.  Example:  curry supposedly lower nitric oxide, but I feel curry/turmeric has greatly helped me.  And there is research showing it is prostate cancer protective.  And it tastes good!
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 02:59:40 am »