Quantcast

Author Topic: How to Do Testosterone Cypionate Injections + Schedules and Methods  (Read 61254 times)

R2D2

• View Profile
Re: How to Do Testosterone Cypionate Injections + Schedules and Methods
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2017, 12:34:34 pm »
Volume is volume, no matter what the ester. In fact the vast majority of the volume is going to be carrier oil, typically sesame oil with testosterone enanthate. What counts then is the density, so that you can easily do the translation to weight of the testosterone ester. Your particular formulation has a density of 250 mg/mL, but mine is 200 mg/mL. Your calculation is correct for determining the actual testosterone content. This would mainly be useful if you were going to change or compare esters and wanted to get the same amount of testosterone. Otherwise just stick to thinking about the ester weight. In my case it's 18 mg EOD, considerably less than your 27.5 mg.

Thanks for the response. It's great to know that subq site rotation is less important than IM.

I'm not sure that I understand your point re. volume. Test e is essentially a mixture of 180mg test and 70mg ester - yielding a total volume in the ampoule of 250mg/ml. Thus, I don't believe that I am injecting 27.5mg of "actual testosterone" but 19.8mg of testosterone when you take the ester into account. Am I missing something?

This is consistent with the way that I feel too. I feel much more energetic on a 0.01 - 0.02 ml higher dosage - however, I have a E2 issues (hot flashes) which I am trying to avoid. I'm also trying to avoid using an AI if possible, but I'm beginning to think that I will need to use one in order to manage the slightly higher dose of T
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 12:36:31 pm by R2D2 »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2017, 01:21:17 pm »
I'm not sure that I understand your point re. volume. Test e is essentially a mixture of 180mg test and 70mg ester - yielding a total volume in the ampoule of 250mg/ml. Thus, I don't believe that I am injecting 27.5mg of "actual testosterone" but 19.8mg of testosterone when you take the ester into account. Am I missing something?

I think you understand it, but you're not stating it quite right. And at the end of my previous post I said "ester" when I should have said "testosterone ester," which I have corrected. Your particular liquid solution contains 250 mg (weight) of testosterone enanthate for each milliliter of solution (volume). Because the volume of the ampule is one milliliter, the weight of testosterone enanthate in the ampule is 250 mg, of which 72%, or 180 mg, is testosterone and the remaining 70 mg is the ester.

So as you observed, if you're injecting 0.11 mL then injected testosterone is 0.11 mL * (250 mg/mL) * 0.72 = 19.8 mg. But in general you would just tell people that you're injecting 27.5 mg of testosterone enanthate EOD.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 01:25:13 pm by Cataceous »
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2017, 01:21:17 pm »

R2D2

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2017, 12:39:38 pm »

So as you observed, if you're injecting 0.11 mL then injected testosterone is 0.11 mL * (250 mg/mL) * 0.72 = 19.8 mg. But in general you would just tell people that you're injecting 27.5 mg of testosterone enanthate EOD.

Thank you for clarifying this, I'll be able to communicate a little more clearly which is great. I've noticed in your signature that you have used the term 'qod' - is this shorthand for every other day? I am considering HCG and DHEA. Perhaps my brainfog symptoms are related more to the other hormones opposed to what I feel is a low dose of T. Thanks

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2017, 01:01:51 pm »
... I've noticed in your signature that you have used the term 'qod' - is this shorthand for every other day? ...

Yes, it's the standard medical abbreviation. Here's a list of some: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_medical_abbreviations:_Q
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2017, 01:01:51 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2017, 12:50:05 am »

Peak,

I think the point the paper is trying to communicate is to establsh the maximum length of needle required to inject a liquid substance (insulin or T, makes no difference) into the fat layer  >99.5 % of the time in most all adults (average BMI, etc.) without getting into the muscle.  And they found that a 4 mm needle will satisfy that requirement.

The paper IS using insulin as the subject liquid but there is no reason the paper cannot be applicable to T as well.  At least, that was my take on it.

Yes, I did read that string and almost commented that you (T guys) have to make sure you are using what they call U-100 insulin syringes (100 units holds 1 cc (or 1 ml), and marked off linearly:  "10" on the body graduations equals 10 units equals 0.1 cc/ml).

Not an expert at syringes in the diabetes world, but I think there are two types: U-100 and U-40. The U-100 is to be used ONLY with U-100 insulin (100 units of insulin per ml) and the U-40 used ONLY with U-40 insulin (40 units of insulin per ml).

There are warnings all over the net not to use U-100 syringes with U-40 insulin and vice versa as the U-40 holds a different amount than the U-100, but can easily be confused with the U-100 ("10" on the body graduations does not equal 0.1 cc/ml type thing).

Doin it

Hmmm.  Unless I'm really missing something, I just need to know the ml.  My goal is to inject .15 ml right now and so I care minimally about the size of the syringe.  Smaller is easier to see the gradations and thus should be more accurate, but this is not a perfect science anyway - a ml here or there is not really going to matter that much.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

doin it

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2018, 05:33:20 am »

A lot of guys do IM injects in the glutes and, I have read, SubQ in the fatty glute areas.  I thought the following may be of interest regarding the Sciatic Nerve and avoiding it during injects.

http://teachmeanatomy.info/lower-limb/nerves/the-sciatic-nerve/

HughFennell

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2018, 02:41:58 am »
Great read, thanks for sharing!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2018, 02:41:58 am »