Quantcast

Author Topic: How to Do Testosterone Cypionate Injections + Schedules and Methods  (Read 62550 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: How to Do Testosterone Cypionate Injections
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2015, 08:16:33 am »
I've been doing IM injections since early February in the side of the quads and on the first two I bled like a stuck pig. I also had very bad knots in the legs on the first two that lasted for two days afterwards. But now almost 6 weeks or so later I get very little blood if any at all and almost no leg pain the next day.

I first thought that there was no way I could inject myself with a needle and I still have some apprehension holding the needle above the skin but once it goes in it's ok.

So what are you doing differently?

Nothing really. I think it's just a matter of the area or muscle getting used to the injection. Wednesday night is my scheduled injection night and the first two times I did it I was still limping at work on Friday. I first started in the right leg but I'm left handed and I thought I just might have missed the angle or something but then the next week it was the same for the left leg. I think it's just a matter of the muscle or skin getting used to injections.

The way I was taught was to stretch the skin tight at the injection area. Then after the injection rub the leg vigorously to try and ease any pain or bleeding. I might have gotten a little dot of blood since then but not like that first night. I had a stream of blood running down my leg before I could get to the cotton balls and band aids.

Well, I've heard if you tighten the muscle, it can make things worse as well.  I doubt you were doing that though, but int'g...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Jezza819

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 09:10:51 pm »
I've been doing IM injections since early February in the side of the quads and on the first two I bled like a stuck pig. I also had very bad knots in the legs on the first two that lasted for two days afterwards. But now almost 6 weeks or so later I get very little blood if any at all and almost no leg pain the next day.

I first thought that there was no way I could inject myself with a needle and I still have some apprehension holding the needle above the skin but once it goes in it's ok.

So what are you doing differently?

Nothing really. I think it's just a matter of the area or muscle getting used to the injection. Wednesday night is my scheduled injection night and the first two times I did it I was still limping at work on Friday. I first started in the right leg but I'm left handed and I thought I just might have missed the angle or something but then the next week it was the same for the left leg. I think it's just a matter of the muscle or skin getting used to injections.

The way I was taught was to stretch the skin tight at the injection area. Then after the injection rub the leg vigorously to try and ease any pain or bleeding. I might have gotten a little dot of blood since then but not like that first night. I had a stream of blood running down my leg before I could get to the cotton balls and band aids.

Well, I've heard if you tighten the muscle, it can make things worse as well.  I doubt you were doing that though, but int'g...

Yeah I definitely wasn't tightening it. HOWEVER, I really should have learned my lesson and not bragged about how easy it's been going because most of this afternoon I've been dealing with a knot in my leg that feels as big as a baseball. But this time I think went further down on my leg closer to my knee. That might be the reason for the leg pain. I need to try and remember to stick up to thick part of my leg.
50 years old
6' 0"
145 lbs.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2015, 09:10:51 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 11:38:29 am »

Yeah I definitely wasn't tightening it. HOWEVER, I really should have learned my lesson and not bragged about how easy it's been going because most of this afternoon I've been dealing with a knot in my leg that feels as big as a baseball. But this time I think went further down on my leg closer to my knee. That might be the reason for the leg pain. I need to try and remember to stick up to thick part of my leg.

When my wife was doing IM injections in my glutes, every once in awhile, she would hit a nerve and it would sting quite a bit.  Or at least that is my theory.  Maybe I just hadnt taken out the trash that day/.   ;D
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 08:39:47 am »
Regulus gave a great explanation as to how he fills his syringes the easy, straighforward way:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=7041.0

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2015, 08:39:47 am »

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 02:49:59 pm »
Hey guys

What can I expect if I switch to sub q from IM?

I use sustenon "IM" and I quote IM because I inyect it in my legs but with a 27GX 1/2" needle so I don't go deep at all in the muscle and even that,sometimes I have a huge pain for days after the inyection. Sustenon is known for that kind of pain. It happens to me ocasionally not always but when it happens it is very painfull. I don't bleed at all and no blood gets in the syringe before pushing the oil in,also I don't think I'm hitting a nerve because I'm going only 1/2 inch deep.

I think I will not suffer that amount of pain by going sub q but I don't know if in the mean time my test level will go down until my system will start to take the test from my fat tissue.

Any opinions from someone who has switched from IM to sub q???

54 years

HRT  protocol

62 mgs of Sustenon weekly one IM shot
600 IU HGC  weekly divided in two SQ shots
6 click of  HGH daily
1 ml of Progesteron cream daily
Half pill of Arimidex once a week

Last lab tests

Progesterone,
1.50 ng/mL                                       0.21 - 1.54

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66

Testosterone Total

* 989.5 ng/dL                               142.0 - 923.0    ;D

Testosterone Libre (free)

* 31.0 ng/dL                                     4.0 - 30.0      ;D

Testosterone Biodisponible

* 645.0 ng/dL                                        98.0 - 590.0

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

23.4 nmol/L                                              11.2 - 78.1

Alb˙min

3.8 g/dL                                                  3.0 - 5.0

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 04:34:25 pm »
Hey guys

I use sustenon "IM" and I quote IM because I inyect it in my legs but with a 27GX 1/2" needle so I don't go deep at all in the muscle and even that,sometimes I have a huge pain for days after the inyection. Sustenon is known for that kind of pain. It happens to me ocasionally not always but when it happens it is very painfull. I don't bleed at all and no blood gets in the syringe before pushing the oil in,also I don't think I'm hitting a nerve because I'm going only 1/2 inch deep.

I think I will not suffer that amount of pain by going sub q but I don't know if in the mean time my test level will go down until my system will start to take the test from my fat tissue.

What volume would you be injecting if you went subQ?  I have heard you don't want to go over .25 ml good on stuff like that.  Hydranted is really good on stuff likke that so maybe he will chime in.  But if it's too big of a volume you'd probably have to do multiple times per day?

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 04:40:10 pm »
Hey guys

What volume would you be injecting if you went subQ?  I have heard you don't want to go over .25 ml good on stuff like that.  Hydranted is really good on stuff likke that so maybe he will chime in.  But if it's too big of a volume you'd probably have to do multiple times per day?

I inyect around 75 mgs once a week ,Peak

It is .3 mls in the syringe.

What da ya think ,amigo?

But the main question is, should I expect a drop in my test levels ?

Hey Hydranted,show up ,please  ;D
54 years

HRT  protocol

6 click of  HGH daily

Last lab tests

Progesterone,

Estradiol,

Testosterone Total

Alb˙min

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 10:11:55 pm »
Hey guys

What da ya think ,amigo?

Looks like that may be on the high side:

http://pharmlabs.unc.edu/labs/parenterals/subcutaneous.htm

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 06:15:56 am »
Hey guys

What da ya think ,amigo?

Looks like that may be on the high side:

http://pharmlabs.unc.edu/labs/parenterals/subcutaneous.htm

Gracias Peak,

But maybe you didn't read my number. I said that I'm  inyecting point three mililiters or in other words  one third of a mililiter. Sustenon comes in 250 mgs in one mililiter.

In this link they say maximum 2 mls . The question I still have is if my levels of test will drop temporarily.

54 years

HRT  protocol

6 click of  HGH daily

Last lab tests

Progesterone,

Estradiol,

Testosterone Total

Alb˙min

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 07:54:33 am »
2 ml?!?  You're right.  Mentally, I translated that into .2.  That doesn't make sense.  One sec...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2015, 08:02:17 am »
Okay, it looks like the guys on here say .5 ml is the upper limit and even that is pushing it.  I know that I wouldn't want to do .5 ml into the ab area - seems like way too much.  .3 should be okay.  One thing that happens to guys when they inject too much or maybe their body fat is too low (in the ab area):  they get nodules or it stings.  See this:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=6307.0

JustAskin said to make sure you inject slowly:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=4192.0

« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:17:08 am by PeakT »

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2015, 09:10:58 am »
Thanks for the links,Peak

I think .3 mls is ok and also it seems that the speed you allow the oil to get in,is very important.

54 years

HRT  protocol

6 click of  HGH daily

Last lab tests

Progesterone,

Estradiol,

Testosterone Total

Alb˙min

lowtguy2015

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2015, 07:49:00 pm »
What is a good needle length for SubQ? I am using a 0.5" 29ga needle, but that length seems longer than it needs to be for SubQ. I also saw that some are using 5/16" perhaps? That seems like a better length for SubQ.

I guess it depends on where you inject too. If you go for the thigh, 0.5" seems long (for relatively low fat), but is probably OK for the glutes. So maybe I should just go for the glutes? The only thing about that is it takes a while (0.33mL/injection) to inject and holding still in an awkward position can be difficult. Thoughts?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2015, 07:53:50 pm »
What is a good needle length for SubQ? I am using a 0.5" 29ga needle, but that length seems longer than it needs to be for SubQ. I also saw that some are using 5/16" perhaps? That seems like a better length for SubQ.

I guess it depends on where you inject too. If you go for the thigh, 0.5" seems long (for relatively low fat), but is probably OK for the glutes. So maybe I should just go for the glutes? The only thing about that is it takes a while (0.33mL/injection) to inject and holding still in an awkward position can be difficult. Thoughts?

With subq angle is not that important if i understand.

lowtguy2015

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 08:27:56 pm »
With subq angle is not that important if i understand.

Hmm, I don't quite follow. I guess my thought is that it would be more straightforward to just use a shallower needle (5/16"). I just don't see why you would need a 0.50" needle for SubQ (even though it seems relatively common). Seems like 5/16" should do the trick nicely...so why are some using a 0.50"?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2015, 08:27:56 pm »