Quantcast

Author Topic: Relationships and Marriages  (Read 13774 times)

seppuku

• View Profile
Re: Relationships and Marriages
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 12:10:49 am »
@JackAndy - I don't think with us having kids i'd want to take the risk in telling her.  She knows i'm very friendly with this woman, in fact she knows she buys me gifts on my birthday and at xmas because i have told her.  She just says "oh that's nice", isn't jealous in the slightest (and to be honest I think the reason i let her know is to try to get some kind of reaction from her). But if she thought I was having some kind of sexual affair with her, things could get nasty.

@PeakT - Regarding thyroid disease being treatable, well she is actually being treated for it and has been for years.  She's constantly monitored too, so i'm not totally sure what's going on there.  I think she likes to blame everything on her thyroid illness, for instance if she feels tired in the evening "it's my thyroid".  I've tried to explain to her that things like that and not feeling 'totally refreshed' after a nights sleep happen to people with normal thyroids too.  She considers us going out for the day walking around some town as exercise that requires a couple of days rest to recover from.  I've learnt a couple of things during my marriage that I find helpful to stick to. I try not to waste time arguing with her over things that don't directly affect me, and more importantly I NEVER apologise if we have argued and i've upset her.  If i do it's like admitting I was wrong (and she doesn't accept my apology).  If i don't apologise she eventually says sorry to me.  I will apologise to you now though, I realise i've just rambled on about my life story again and not kept on topic, so sorry for that!!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 03:48:24 am »
@PeakT - Regarding thyroid disease being treatable, well she is actually being treated for it and has been for years.  She's constantly monitored too, so i'm not totally sure what's going on there.  I think she likes to blame everything on her thyroid illness, for instance if she feels tired in the evening "it's my thyroid".  I've tried to explain to her that things like that and not feeling 'totally refreshed' after a nights sleep happen to people with normal thyroids too.  She considers us going out for the day walking around some town as exercise that requires a couple of days rest to recover from.  I've learnt a couple of things during my marriage that I find helpful to stick to. I try not to waste time arguing with her over things that don't directly affect me, and more importantly I NEVER apologise if we have argued and i've upset her.  If i do it's like admitting I was wrong (and she doesn't accept my apology).  If i don't apologise she eventually says sorry to me.  I will apologise to you now though, I realise i've just rambled on about my life story again and not kept on topic, so sorry for that!!

Well, sorry to hear about the struggles there.  Well, I don't know the medical situation, of course, so I won't judge, but usually someone can get back in the game if they want to.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 03:48:24 am »

Prsartist

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 02:44:33 pm »
I think this is a HUGE problem in relationships!

Fortunately all of us here now have the insight into what's really happening.
But remember there are literally millions of men being told by their Dr's that everything
Is fine and being prescribed the little blue pill.  While that may work for a while, they inevitable start to fail also......

When my last relationship failed, which was due partially to ED issues, it threw me into depression which caused T levels to drop and increased ED issues (which make you more depressed) It's a viscous cycle!
At some point you get caught up in this whirlpool and can't pull yourself out! 

I mean seriously, without this knowledge what can you say?
"Honey it's not you it's me".   
"Well what's wrong with you"  gee, I don't know Dr said I was fine?

As opposed to:  I have issues with low testosterone and high E2 levels..

You have to give a woman real evidence she can believe!  Otherwise your going to be doomed!

Just my $.02

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 12:30:28 am »
You know I never thought I would say this, but now being a father of 2 soon to be 3 kids, they do come first.   In most infidelity situations I would probably just say your being selfish and if you find the right atmosphere to nurture your relationship (i.e. church, healthy family or friends, common interests) you can rebuild it but it does take two willing participants.   If that's not a possibility then you should do everything you can to give the kids the best shot at life they can have and that means raising them in a healthy home.   If your home life deteriorates to the point where its doing more harm than good then you probably want to think about that also.  Most of these situations end in disaster if not dealt with.  I do wish you the best however.

[Move Thread:\\DrPhilShow\:syntax error:cd\list]  Hey why didn't it work...:-)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:38:43 am by Samson1971 »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 12:30:28 am »

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 02:02:34 am »
[Move Thread:\\DrPhilShow\:syntax error:cd\list]  Hey why didn't it work...:-)

Haha that's alright. It might make guys feel uncomfortable to get all of these skeletons out of the closet, but that's exactly what we need to do. If it wasn't for the Internet, talking about testosterone would still be embarrassing and taboo and we'd be suffering with problems but here we are improving our lives.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 03:46:07 am »
Yeah, it's actually considered wrong to think about relationships if you're a guy.  For some reason it's okay to strategize and theorize about politics, ethics, career, sports, science and everything except one of the most important things in life:  your relationships with your wife/girlfriend/partner.  I know that there are some people who think the other half defy analysis, but I think that's mostly a cop out.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 10:16:02 pm »
As you know there are no guarantees in life. I have turned things around but I can never fall asleep at the wheel. To much at stake. Taking your better half for granted will only lead to your demise in the relationship. No matter what it is in life you have to give it your best effort. Your partner,Job, hobbies, friends, pets. They all deserve the best.

PEAK T in many write ups has stated Morning wood is IMPORTANT!!! It's kind of like a barometer of your body. No wood and there will be no sunshine, only cloudy days. Sounds like a song.

I really tired of platitudes like what I bolded.  Also of the one, "nothing lasts forever."

how moronic.
forever your father will be your father, your siblings will be your siblings, you'll have always won that "Award" or that memory did happen
forever and ever

you say, ]As you know there are no guarantees in life
wrong, you are gonna die. your friends/family will die.. and a lot of others

I agree with most things you write and I know that a great way to deter things in relationships is have better communication.

what I am not understanding, is morning wood.  I get that and yet, I stilll think I have issues with getting my soldier to salute when I want it to.....  maybe its all in my head

“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 10:16:02 pm »