Quantcast

Author Topic: HCG for sexual dysfunction?  (Read 3883 times)

Jaydogg

• View Profile
HCG for sexual dysfunction?
« on: August 04, 2014, 11:23:33 pm »
I read a post (cant remember what site though) that claimed HCG somtimes will help or eliminate sexual dysfunction while on trt. Is there any truth to this.???

Since starting trt my issues with sexual dysfunction got worse not better. I know I am a high converter of T to E and my high estradiol might be to blame.

I am NOT concerned about testicular shrinkage or maintainng natural production of testosterone due to my bout with testicular cancer and radatio.

Based on all of that Should I even consider adding HCG to my trt protocol based solely on trying to eliminate sexual dysfunction???
Age 39
5'8" 280 lbs

Testosterone Cypionate 180mg weekly via SubQ 60mg on M-W-F

Testicular cancer survivor...be sure to check your nuts monthly!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: HCG for sexual dysfunction?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 12:36:32 am »
I read a post (cant remember what site though) that claimed HCG somtimes will help or eliminate sexual dysfunction while on trt. Is there any truth to this.???

Since starting trt my issues with sexual dysfunction got worse not better. I know I am a high converter of T to E and my high estradiol might be to blame.

I am NOT concerned about testicular shrinkage or maintainng natural production of testosterone due to my bout with testicular cancer and radatio.

Based on all of that Should I even consider adding HCG to my trt protocol based solely on trying to eliminate sexual dysfunction???

HCG will raise libido in some men on HRT.  So, if libido was your issue, it might help?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 12:36:32 am »

Jaydogg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 04:41:11 pm »
Libido could be better as could erection quality. I had some issues before trt but once I started trt problems got even worse.

Based on my high conversion of T to E it might be safe to say that I should get the estradiol levels down first to see if  that helps before adding HCG.
Age 39
5'8" 280 lbs

Testosterone Cypionate 180mg weekly via SubQ 60mg on M-W-F

Testicular cancer survivor...be sure to check your nuts monthly!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 05:08:15 pm »
Libido could be better as could erection quality. I had some issues before trt but once I started trt problems got even worse.

Based on my high conversion of T to E it might be safe to say that I should get the estradiol levels down first to see if  that helps before adding HCG.

Well, I will say it's better to work on one thing at a time for a few weeks so that you know what (if anything) changed what.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 05:08:15 pm »

Sam Duxbury

• Enjoying Tampa FL and the Good Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 03:23:21 pm »
Good Morning, Jaydogg,

If I may throw my .02 in the mix...You did not provide a value for E2 or your T numbers, which I think is your next step to test.

You and your doctor will then be able to carefully consider hCG therapy. Please, if you have a good doctor/Endo, work with
them and carefully choose medications. This stuff can be dangerous.....

FYI, I am doing the HRT Trifecta of TRT pellets, AI anastrozole, and hCG sub-q, and it WORKS beautifully for me.

If you can get your E2 checked via a blood test using the Ultra-Sensitive (SIEMENS) LC/MS/MS test, you will get a number that
will then guide your next decision. Your doctorand you MAY consider an Aromatase Inhibitor such as Anastrozole (Arimidex).
You DO NOT need a large dose, e.g., I am using .25 milligram per WEEK and have got my E2 sitting nicely at 27 pg/mL now. It
took me almost a year with my doctor to get me stabilized. We were at 1.0 milligram per week, then .5 milligram per week
at which time the SIEMENS test showed 4 pg/mL in March 2014. So, my doc reduced the Anastrozole to .25 milligram per week,
and my June 2014 blood work showed 27 pg/nL. I seem to be very sensitive to this AI therapy.

And, I feel great right now. My male life is FUN (got to control my enthusiastic descriptions here  ::) ))....

Though I haven't published the whole blood lab report, Mr. PeakT said that if I could hit 20 to 30 pg/nL, that would be a
wonderful range. I shall post the blood lab numbers within a few days. I have to find the old post that I started.

Good luck, keep working on this. You will find an answer that'll get your mojo flowing.

Cheers! - Sam D. .....Weekend is coming !!!!!  WWwwwhhheeeeeeeeee !!!!
Total HRT program: SottoPelle Testosterone Pellets every 6 months, 300 IU hCG sub-q M-F, .05 mg letrozole once weekly.

14 May 2015 blood work: Serum T: 1,264 ng/dL (one month since LAST pellet insert procedure);
                            Free Testosterone: 21.7 pg/mL
                            Estradiol (ultrasensitive): 17.4 pg/mL
                            PSA (Roche ECLIA): 3.1 ng/mL  (March 2014 = 2.6 ng/mL)
                            D3: 77 ng/dL
                            Prolactin: 7.0 ng/mL
                            Cortisol: 6.9 mcg/mL (down from 12.8 one year ago)

I am responsible for my enjoyment of my maleness. My success depends on my best efforts to stay healthy and live a positive lifestyle.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 05:35:19 pm »

Though I haven't published the whole blood lab report, Mr. PeakT said that if I could hit 20 to 30 pg/nL, that would be a
wonderful range.

There's some controversy about this.  Some guys are saying that their docs have evidence that older guys need more.  I am skeptical for a variety of reasons.  But that 20-30 range was very common with anti-aging docs and HRT clinics from what I saw...

Sam Duxbury

• Enjoying Tampa FL and the Good Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 05:42:15 pm »
Hi Jaydogg,

My apologies!! I spoke out of turn as I just found your other thread, which details your blood lab numbers.

Sorry to hear that your Dr./Endo isn't considering AI therapy. I really can't believe the hCG therapy is going to work, as that might
throw more endogenous testosterone into your blood, which will undergo aromatization and increase your E2 numbers.....

I might suggest you get a second opinion from another doc, try a Urologist or another Endo.

Good Luck! Cheers! - Sam D.
Total HRT program: SottoPelle Testosterone Pellets every 6 months, 300 IU hCG sub-q M-F, .05 mg letrozole once weekly.

14 May 2015 blood work: Serum T: 1,264 ng/dL (one month since LAST pellet insert procedure);
                            Free Testosterone: 21.7 pg/mL
                            Estradiol (ultrasensitive): 17.4 pg/mL
                            PSA (Roche ECLIA): 3.1 ng/mL  (March 2014 = 2.6 ng/mL)
                            D3: 77 ng/dL
                            Prolactin: 7.0 ng/mL
                            Cortisol: 6.9 mcg/mL (down from 12.8 one year ago)

I am responsible for my enjoyment of my maleness. My success depends on my best efforts to stay healthy and live a positive lifestyle.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 05:42:15 pm »