Quantcast

Author Topic: Do The Berkeley NO Test Strips Show Citrulline?  (Read 11137 times)

factor5a

• View Profile
Do The Berkeley NO Test Strips Show Citrulline?
« on: August 18, 2014, 03:12:16 pm »
Hey guys

Can someone tell me what is the apropiate dose of Citrulline and if I should see any change in my Berkley strips ?
I'm taking 2 (1.2 grams) tablets of L Citrulline from Now Foods each day divided in two servings . I'm not seeing any increase in my measurements.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:35:30 pm by PeakT »
54 years

HRT  protocol

62 mgs of Sustenon weekly one IM shot
600 IU HGC  weekly divided in two SQ shots
6 click of  HGH daily
1 ml of Progesteron cream daily
Half pill of Arimidex once a week

Last lab tests

Progesterone,
1.50 ng/mL                                       0.21 - 1.54

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66

Testosterone Total

* 989.5 ng/dL                               142.0 - 923.0    ;D

Testosterone Libre (free)

* 31.0 ng/dL                                     4.0 - 30.0      ;D

Testosterone Biodisponible

* 645.0 ng/dL                                        98.0 - 590.0

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

23.4 nmol/L                                              11.2 - 78.1

Albķmin

3.8 g/dL                                                  3.0 - 5.0

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Do The Berkeley NO Test Strips Show Citrulline?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:31:31 pm »
Hey guys

Can someone tell me what is the apropiate dose of Citrulline and if I should see any change in my Berkley strips ?
I'm taking 2 (1.2 grams) tablets of L Citrulline from Now Foods each day divided in two servings . I'm not seeing any increase in my measurements.

Thanks in advance.

[MODERATOR:  I split this out from this Citrulline thread: https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=4743.0.]

Great question.  I am not sure that the strips measure Citrulline NO improvements, because these don't (I believe) show up in increased nitrite levels.

I will ask the rep your question and let you know what he says.  It will probably take a day or two.

The Citrulline E.D. study used 1.5 grams and I would guess split it up into 3 X daily.

Did you see Festus' warning on Citrulline?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:37:11 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 04:31:31 pm »

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 05:40:19 pm »
Hey guys

Thanks in advance.

[MODERATOR:  I split this out from this Citrulline thread: https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=4743.0.]

Great question.  I am not sure that the strips measure Citrulline NO improvements, because these don't (I believe) show up in increased nitrite levels.

I will ask the rep your question and let you know what he says.  It will probably take a day or two.

The Citrulline E.D. study used 1.5 grams and I would guess split it up into 3 X daily.

I'm not sure but I would think that citrulline would show up indirectly. The NO strips only show salivary nitrite levels. But the less nitrites you need the higher your nitric oxide levels are. So for an example a child with high endothelial NO output should show up high assuming they're getting some nitrites because they don't need as much so the spillover will happen much quicker than a middle age person that has low levels of endothelial nitric oxide... That's just a theory though and when I get my strips I will test it out on myself...
ďALL IíM TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY- NATHAN PRITIKIN

Protocol
Test Cyp 70mg sun/wed total 140mg/week IM
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday
Anastrozole .125mg mon/thur

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 05:58:45 pm »
And an interesting theory it is...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 05:58:45 pm »

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 11:09:44 pm »
And an interesting theory it is...

Don't know how well it'll hold water though.
ďALL IíM TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY- NATHAN PRITIKIN

Protocol
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 01:02:38 am »
Thanks for the replies , guys.

Hey Peak, what do you mean by Festus warnings on Citrulline ?

Regards
54 years

HRT  protocol

62 mgs of Sustenon weekly one IM shot
600 IU HGC  weekly divided in two SQ shots
6 click of  HGH daily
1 ml of Progesteron cream daily
Half pill of Arimidex once a week

Last lab tests

Progesterone,
1.50 ng/mL                                       0.21 - 1.54

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66

Testosterone Total

* 989.5 ng/dL                               142.0 - 923.0    ;D

Testosterone Libre (free)

* 31.0 ng/dL                                     4.0 - 30.0      ;D

Testosterone Biodisponible

* 645.0 ng/dL                                        98.0 - 590.0

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

23.4 nmol/L                                              11.2 - 78.1

Albķmin

3.8 g/dL                                                  3.0 - 5.0

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone

Tfan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 10:23:59 am »
Hey guys

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure but I would think that citrulline would show up indirectly. The NO strips only show salivary nitrite levels. But the less nitrites you need the higher your nitric oxide levels are. So for an example a child with high endothelial NO output should show up high assuming they're getting some nitrites because they don't need as much so the spillover will happen much quicker than a middle age person that has low levels of endothelial nitric oxide... That's just a theory though and when I get my strips I will test it out on myself...

I have tested the strips thoroughly. Cirtrulline, Arginine, PDE5 inhibitor, and many types of foods, doses and volumes. I only see the effects when I use food. Even on high dose PDE5 when I know I get NO levels off the chart, it does not show. My conclusion is really that it only serves the purpose to know if your food intake is helping you get the NO levels you want.

In my experience, to get that thing to high levels you need to be focusing on this all they long. It unbalances my diet.

I am starting to conclude that the Nitrate/Nitrite pathaway is an auxiliary path for me and we should all think leaves and vegetables. But main stream should be curing back your NO production function.

Cirtrulline/Arginine plus Davis and the other folks referenced by peak should be mainstream, I believe. With food as a core part of the recovery plan.

However, one element I have been missing is the discussion on how to increase the activity of the enzime that produces NO from Arginine. When we are supplement with Cirtrulline/Arginine, we are giving our bodies more feedstock, but we still need the enzime.

Gingko? Resveratrol? How much? How can we measure?

Age 48
Tribullus

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 06:08:13 pm »
Tfan:  Interesting commentary and I could not agree with your philosophy more.

I guess I would say, though, that I don't push the getting your production back more, because I feel that I have gotten such resistance to it.  I tell guys how saturated fat lowers nitric oxide and then the only commentary I get is basically guys trying to rebut the idea.  I post about the importance of clearing out plaque and out of the 100's and 100's of guys on this forum, maybe 2 or 3 have expressed any interest in finding out more whatsoever.

I think part of the reason is the board is mostly younger guys and they still have a decent amount of endothelial production.  I know that I if I could get a bunch of guys my age in a room that there would be a lot of nodding of heads in agreement and much more interest in plaque reversal. 

Anyway, I appreciate the support and I'll keep after the whole topic and hopefully the interest will grow over time.

To answer your question about arginase activity, look up ADMA:  you won't regret it.  I've wanted to do a post on that but just never got around to it...

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2014, 08:11:58 pm »
Hey guys

Thanks in advance.

I have tested the strips thoroughly. Cirtrulline, Arginine, PDE5 inhibitor, and many types of foods, doses and volumes. I only see the effects when I use food. Even on high dose PDE5 when I know I get NO levels off the chart, it does not show. My conclusion is really that it only serves the purpose to know if your food intake is helping you get the NO levels you want.

In my experience, to get that thing to high levels you need to be focusing on this all they long. It unbalances my diet.

I am starting to conclude that the Nitrate/Nitrite pathaway is an auxiliary path for me and we should all think leaves and vegetables. But main stream should be curing back your NO production function.

Cirtrulline/Arginine plus Davis and the other folks referenced by peak should be mainstream, I believe. With food as a core part of the recovery plan.

However, one element I have been missing is the discussion on how to increase the activity of the enzime that produces NO from Arginine. When we are supplement with Cirtrulline/Arginine, we are giving our bodies more feedstock, but we still need the enzime.

Gingko? Resveratrol? How much? How can we measure?

I still hold to my theory. It makes sense to me. Keep in mind I'm not saying that you can measure a boost from citrulline or others. The strips only read nitrite activity in your saliva. So you still have to consume enough nitrites to get spill over. But maybe I'm missing something.

But Peak I think you're right. Most guys on this forum are younger. I think I'm one of the only young guys on here interested about plaque reversal ect. But the fact remains that most young guys don't need to reverse plaque build up yet. Or heal their endothelium. Just keep pushing forward with this stuff. In a few years most will come crying to you saying you were right all along... My two cents...

Protocol
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 01:26:13 am »
But Peak I think you're right. Most guys on this forum are younger. I think I'm one of the only young guys on here interested about plaque reversal ect. But the fact remains that most young guys don't need to reverse plaque build up yet. Or heal their endothelium. Just keep pushing forward with this stuff. In a few years most will come crying to you saying you were right all along... My two cents...

Well, it won't make me happy to have someone saying I am right over something like that.  In my case, I think I need to go back to the drawing board and try to figure out how my presentation is just not engaging enough or clear enough, etc.

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 12:57:48 pm »

Well, it won't make me happy to have someone saying I am right over something like that.  In my case, I think I need to go back to the drawing board and try to figure out how my presentation is just not engaging enough or clear enough, etc.

Well it shouldn't make you happy. I didn't mean to come across as hopeless either though.

Protocol
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 04:20:43 pm »

Well it shouldn't make you happy. I didn't mean to come across as hopeless either though.

No, I know.  But us guys are so competetive that we want to say "I told you so!" if we win an argument.  But I was just pointing out that I don't want to really win when it comes to that kind of stuff.

In fact, classic Paleo guys - and I consider myself Paleo but "early Paleo" - that are eating boatloads of fat are thinking to themselves:  "Well, my arteries are clear right now and with my great Paleo Diet, they will stay that way and I don't need to worry about plaque reversal."  And maybe they are right in some cases.  Seriously, I hope for their sakes that that is correct and the higher HDL and lower triglycerides will protect them.  I just have my doubts based on what I have read from Drs. Gould and Davis.  Time will tell...

Tfan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2014, 09:20:48 pm »

I guess I would say, though, that I don't push the getting your production back more, because I feel that I have gotten such resistance to it.  I tell guys how saturated fat lowers nitric oxide and then the only commentary I get is basically guys trying to rebut the idea.  I post about the importance of clearing out plaque and out of the 100's and 100's of guys on this forum, maybe 2 or 3 have expressed any interest in finding out more whatsoever.

I think part of the reason is the board is mostly younger guys and they still have a decent amount of endothelial production.  I know that I if I could get a bunch of guys my age in a room that there would be a lot of nodding of heads in agreement and much more interest in plaque reversal. 

Anyway, I appreciate the support and I'll keep after the whole topic and hopefully the interest will grow over time.

To answer your question about arginase activity, look up ADMA:  you won't regret it.  I've wanted to do a post on that but just never got around to it...

Humm - got more questions than answers now...

can we do lab tests to see if we are producing too much ADMA? And why?

ADMA will inhibit eNOS activity?
Can we increase eNOS activity? How?

Age 48
Tribullus

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 06:23:42 am »

Humm - got more questions than answers now...

can we do lab tests to see if we are producing too much ADMA? And why?

ADMA will inhibit eNOS activity?
Can we increase eNOS activity? How?

Can you increase eNOS activity?  Yes!  There are many ways to increase nitric oxide and eNOS activity and back doors to create nitric oxide and on and on:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Nitric_Oxide

Testosterone, by the way, does it which is why it's counterintuitive that it would sometimes increase blood pressure:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Nitric_Oxide

I don't know of any way on ADMA, so please let me know what you find out.  Haven't had a chance to research it fully.  (If you do check into it of course...)

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2014, 06:23:42 am »