Quantcast

Author Topic: Pomegranate Juice Greatly Improved My Erections!  (Read 18896 times)

DdR

• View Profile
Pomegranate Juice Greatly Improved My Erections!
« on: September 11, 2014, 03:19:54 pm »
Pomegranate juice is the bomb.

I'm 35 and was suffering from weak erections for about a year.  I then read Peak's articles on pomegranate juice, especially how it could possiblly reverse plaque buildup, and I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Generally a 1/2 hour after consuming it I notice that I have no erection issues.  Consuming 4-8 oz. before bed results in morning wood most mornings.

This stuff has improved my relationship with my girlfriend, and it's all natural!  I was afraid that I would have to start taking Viagara.

I see PeakT had a bad reaction to POM after consuming it for a few weeks straight.  Very unfortunate.  I'm sceptical of pomegranate concentrate, so I've been only buying 100% juice and organic.  I've recently been drinking Baku and can only report positive results. It costs $6/liter at a store near me. Peak, maybe give all juice and organic a try?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:58:32 am by PeakT »
Age=35; Weight = 175lbs; Height=5'11"

Lab results 10/13/2013: Total test = 357 ng/dL; Free test = 68.0 pg/mL; SHBG = 31 nmol/L; TSH = 3.19 uIU/mL; Vitamin D = 29 ng/mL

Lab results 4/21/2014: Total test = 465 ng/dL; Free test = 40.45 pg/mL; SHBG = 39.8 nmol/L;
TSH = 3.57 uIU/mL; Vitamin D = Not pulled

Lab results 8/3/2014: Total test = 439 ng/dL; Free test = 21.8 pg/mL; SHBG = Not pulled; TSH = 3.79 uIU/mL; Vitamin D = 23 ng/mL

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Pomegranate Juice Greatly Improve My Erections!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 04:52:48 pm »
Pomegranate juice is the bomb.

I'm 35 and was suffering from weak erections for about a year.  I then read Peak's articles on pomegranate juice, especially how it could possiblly reverse plaque buildup, and I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Generally a 1/2 hour after consuming it I notice that I have no erection issues.  Consuming 4-8 oz. before bed results in morning wood most mornings.

This stuff has improved my relationship with my girlfriend, and it's all natural!  I was afraid that I would have to start taking Viagara.

I see PeakT had a bad reaction to POM after consuming it for a few weeks straight.  Very unfortunate.  I'm sceptical of pomegranate concentrate, so I've been only buying 100% juice and organic.  I've recently been drinking Baku and can only report positive results. It costs $6/liter at a store near me. Peak, maybe give all juice and organic a try?

Sorry, what is Baku?  Oh, it's a brand, eh?  Where do you get it?  Sprouts?  Whole foods? 

And congrats btw.  Now, I do have one caution:  don't forget that the Apostle of Pomegrante, EH, lowered his dose of pomegranate after the mouse study that showed an increase in Parkinson's symptoms.  It is VERY powerful stuff and may overstimulate inducible or neuronal NO if you take too much.  We just don't have much data. 

If it's not too expensive, I'll try it again.  But let me know where I find it...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 04:52:48 pm »

DdR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 05:07:54 pm »
Hey PeakT,

Thanks for the warning. It seems like most good things in life always have side effects, including pomegranate juice.  So, even though I haven't been consuming it every night, I'll take it just a few times a week. Parkinson's does run in my family.

Yeah, Baku's a brand from Russia that I found in New York City.  If you go to Sprouts or Whole Foods, you'll see a brand called Lakewood that sells pomegranate juice in regular and organic.  Maybe give it a shot?  If I recall, the 32oz bottle, organic, ran me $12.   

Lab results 10/13/2013: Total test = 357 ng/dL; Free test = 68.0 pg/mL; SHBG = 31 nmol/L; TSH = 3.19 uIU/mL; Vitamin D = 29 ng/mL

Lab results 4/21/2014: Total test = 465 ng/dL; Free test = 40.45 pg/mL; SHBG = 39.8 nmol/L;

Lab results 8/3/2014: Total test = 439 ng/dL; Free test = 21.8 pg/mL; SHBG = Not pulled; TSH = 3.79 uIU/mL; Vitamin D = 23 ng/mL

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 06:32:12 pm »
Hey PeakT,

Thanks for the warning. It seems like most good things in life always have side effects, including pomegranate juice.  So, even though I haven't been consuming it every night, I'll take it just a few times a week. Parkinson's does run in my family.

Yeah, Baku's a brand from Russia that I found in New York City.  If you go to Sprouts or Whole Foods, you'll see a brand called Lakewood that sells pomegranate juice in regular and organic.  Maybe give it a shot?  If I recall, the 32oz bottle, organic, ran me $12.

I've tried some of these other brands and they had no effect.  But I'll have to try Lakewood.  But let me ask something:  if POM works so well, why would I try something different?  Well, I do like the idea of organic, but is that kind of your point?
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 06:32:12 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 06:34:41 pm »
ddr:  One more thing:

If POM REALLY helps you like it does me and some of the other guys, this is a sign that your arteries need work.  And I'm preachin' to myself not just you.  POM juice may raise testosterone a little, but it's primary modes of action are all cardiovascular and what they do to the ol' penile arteries:

http://peaktestosterone.com/pomegranate

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 06:43:05 pm »
Low fat diet to the rescue here. Drop the saturated fat and get plenty of fruits veggies and low glycemic carbs. These will really help actually heal the arteries as well as the pomegranate. It's great that POM is working so well for you but eventually it won't be enough by itself. Actually heal the arteries and keep those arteries nice and open. Your heart (and your girlfriend) will thank you later on down the road.
ďALL IíM TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY.Ē -Nathan Pritikin

Current protocol:

Supps:1500 mg vitamin c
4000 iu vitamin d
1000 mcg b-12
25mg zinc
Fish oil
4 TBS flax seed
1 TBS vinegar

Ornish lifestyle (very low fat diet, 1 hr exercise, 15 min meditation

Age 24
Used to be 165 now 150
Glucose 80 mg/dl
Creatinine 0.93 mg/dl
Cholesterol 128 mg/dl
HDL cholesterol 49 mg/dl
Triglycerides 42 mg/dl
LDL cholesterol 71
Vitamin D 106 ng/ml

Testosterone 641 ng/dl

Free testosterone 12.1 pg/ml range 9-26 former level converted 8.5 ng/dl
TSH 1.5

DdR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 07:19:16 pm »
Hey PeakT,

I'm not too much on the organic bandwagon, but the only version I could find of Lakewood is organic, so that's why I drink it.  I was just thinking that maybe you'll have less of a reaction if you just drink 100% juice that's organic. Might be worth a shot.

And I've come to the realization that my arteries are not 100% clear.  There's no history of heart disease in either side of my family, but I just read your article on HDL, LDL and Triglycerides, and it did hit me that I probably have some plaque if I already suffer from some ED issues.  I am not overweight by the way, 5'11", 175lbs, probably 17% BF.

@ Cronos: I hear you, I talked to her about it, and she supports me whatever I want to do.  By the way, how do you have such a high Vitamin D score?  I just got diagnosed with low Vitamin D (21 ng/ml) and was prescribed 50,000iu D2 once per week for a few months. 

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 07:33:28 pm »
Hey PeakT,

I'm not too much on the organic bandwagon, but the only version I could find of Lakewood is organic, so that's why I drink it.  I was just thinking that maybe you'll have less of a reaction if you just drink 100% juice that's organic. Might be worth a shot.

And I've come to the realization that my arteries are not 100% clear.  There's no history of heart disease in either side of my family, but I just read your article on HDL, LDL and Triglycerides, and it did hit me that I probably have some plaque if I already suffer from some ED issues.  I am not overweight by the way, 5'11", 175lbs, probably 17% BF.

@ Cronos: I hear you, I talked to her about it, and she supports me whatever I want to do.  By the way, how do you have such a high Vitamin D score?  I just got diagnosed with low Vitamin D (21 ng/ml) and was prescribed 50,000iu D2 once per week for a few months.

Heart disease is in almost all individuals from kids to older adults if they're living your typical western lifestyle to one degree or another. Taking steps to arrest and reverse this disease is a must in my opinion for everyone. Peak has a lot on the site about it we see pretty much eye to eye on this at least.

Well my vitamin d level is  something that perplexes me still.... I only take 2000 iu every day. I don't get much sun exposure in the mid day hours. I get quite a bit of sun exposure on my face arms and legs but not during mid day. This shouldn't be enough to get my levels so high so i'm not sure to be honest. If I find an answer to why my levels are so high i'll be sure to post about it. Sorry to not be very helpful on this...
ďALL IíM TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY.Ē -Nathan Pritikin

Current protocol:

Supps:1500 mg vitamin c
4000 iu vitamin d
1000 mcg b-12
25mg zinc
Fish oil
4 TBS flax seed
1 TBS vinegar

Ornish lifestyle (very low fat diet, 1 hr exercise, 15 min meditation

Age 24
Used to be 165 now 150
Glucose 80 mg/dl
Creatinine 0.93 mg/dl
Cholesterol 128 mg/dl
HDL cholesterol 49 mg/dl
Triglycerides 42 mg/dl
LDL cholesterol 71
Vitamin D 106 ng/ml

Testosterone 641 ng/dl

Free testosterone 12.1 pg/ml range 9-26 former level converted 8.5 ng/dl
TSH 1.5

explorer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 07:43:48 pm »
Well my vitamin d level is  something that perplexes me still.... I only take 2000 iu every day. I don't get much sun exposure in the mid day hours. I get quite a bit of sun exposure on my face arms and legs but not during mid day. This shouldn't be enough to get my levels so high so i'm not sure to be honest. If I find an answer to why my levels are so high i'll be sure to post about it. Sorry to not be very helpful on this...

I think having a diet high in minerals and calcium should keep vit D levels higher, but I'm not sure up in the 100s. Consuming sodas regularly for example reduces vitamin D, because it typically replaces better foods in the diet.

EH

• View Profile
Re: Pomegranate Juice Greatly Improved My Erections!
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 06:02:28 am »
DdR, make sure you vote in the POM juice poll please.  Good to hear your benefits.  My ED started at age 35 as well.  I think POM probably is quite effective for men in the initial phase of ED.

https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=3317.0

My erectile function has returned to normal.  I loosely cycle with POM for 1 week, then Kyolic Garlic for 1 week, then Pycnogenol for 1 week, and I try to eat romaine lettuce/arugula containing salads every other day at least.  The salads are very effective for me.  You should give a romaine/arugula salad a chance and see if it benefits you or not.

My libido is still a project, but that is likely due to high stress levels from unfortunate life events.  Increasing my libido is still very much a goal of mine.
Age 40
5'8" 145lbs

*Cured my intermittent ED which started at ~35 years old by adding in nitrate-containing foods DAILY (arugula, beets, romaine, spinach) and drinking occasional POM juice. Interestingly, I have seen no changes in cholesterol/LDL/HDL or any other typical blood parameters.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 06:22:05 am »
Hey PeakT,

Well, I'm into organic!  Lots of studies in last 10-20 years.

You think you have plaque?  Well, get checked. Seriously, it's $70 with Lifeline - I have no affiliation - and just get that done every year and find out.  A Heart Scan every so often is a good idea imo, but there is some radiation involved.

I've had a Heart Scan and will get the IMT soon with Lifeline.  I've got a number of tests I want to do and only so much cash!

DdR

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2014, 05:49:23 pm »
DdR, make sure you vote in the POM juice poll please.  Good to hear your benefits.  My ED started at age 35 as well.  I think POM probably is quite effective for men in the initial phase of ED.

https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=3317.0

My erectile function has returned to normal.  I loosely cycle with POM for 1 week, then Kyolic Garlic for 1 week, then Pycnogenol for 1 week, and I try to eat romaine lettuce/arugula containing salads every other day at least.  The salads are very effective for me.  You should give a romaine/arugula salad a chance and see if it benefits you or not.

My libido is still a project, but that is likely due to high stress levels from unfortunate life events.  Increasing my libido is still very much a goal of mine.

Hi EH,

I just took the poll. 

It sounds like you and I have similar physiques, ages, and life stress.  My libido has tanked too over the last year simultaneous with an increase in workload and a much longer commute.  I've gotten my erections back under control, but my libido only bounces back on the weekend or especially when I go on vacation.  I basically have sex every day while on vacation, I feel like a million bucks, I'm super happy and content. 

SUPREME123

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 03:37:04 pm »
To the guy who posted pomegranite can cause parkinsons in rats, I say ignore that study.  Just type in pomegranite and parkinsons on google and you will find lots of parkinsons patients are taking pomegranite to help that.

Creating pomegranate drug to stem Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140822094106.htm

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 04:06:17 pm »
To the guy who posted pomegranite can cause parkinsons in rats, I say ignore that study.  Just type in pomegranite and parkinsons on google and you will find lots of parkinsons patients are taking pomegranite to help that.

Creating pomegranate drug to stem Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140822094106.htm

Thx for the link. 

I've got a feeling it has to do with dosage.  Hopefully, some will pony up and do some studies.

But Pomegranate is very unique:  for example, extracts can be used to control plaque, as in dental. 

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 06:43:55 pm »
Hey guys, I haven't seen anybody trying self made Pom juice, why? That is the way I'm using it.
54 years

HRT  protocol

62 mgs of Sustenon weekly one IM shot
600 IU HGC  weekly divided in two SQ shots
6 click of  HGH daily
1 ml of Progesteron cream daily
Half pill of Arimidex once a week

Last lab tests

Progesterone,
1.50 ng/mL                                       0.21 - 1.54

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66

Testosterone Total

* 989.5 ng/dL                               142.0 - 923.0    ;D

Testosterone Libre (free)

* 31.0 ng/dL                                     4.0 - 30.0      ;D

Testosterone Biodisponible

* 645.0 ng/dL                                        98.0 - 590.0

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

23.4 nmol/L                                              11.2 - 78.1

Albķmin

3.8 g/dL                                                  3.0 - 5.0

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 06:43:55 pm »