Quantcast

Author Topic: Niacin (B3)  (Read 9723 times)

Inigo

• View Profile
Niacin (B3)
« on: September 12, 2014, 08:44:37 am »
Before the recent data loss there was an interesting post on the wonderful erection-enhancing effect of vitamin B3 one member experienced.  I logged back in to re-read it, and reply, but it was it was gone.  And I now only vaguely recall what he said.   I think a doctor also said it was better than statins for improving cholesterol levels.

There was a 2011 report in the Journal of Sexual Medicine that Niacin can work remarkably well in case of moderate/severe ed with men with a dodgy cholesterol profile. Niacin increases hdl and reduces ldl with a dose of 1500mg a day. 

It's on my list for a trial.

Tfan

• View Profile
Re: Niacin (B3)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 10:07:55 am »
Before the recent data loss there was an interesting post on the wonderful erection-enhancing effect of vitamin B3 one member experienced.  I logged back in to re-read it, and reply, but it was it was gone.  And I now only vaguely recall what he said.   I think a doctor also said it was better than statins for improving cholesterol levels.

There was a 2011 report in the Journal of Sexual Medicine that Niacin can work remarkably well in case of moderate/severe ed with men with a dodgy cholesterol profile. Niacin increases hdl and reduces ldl with a dose of 1500mg a day. 

It's on my list for a trial.

Which brands and doses are you looking at? Do you want to start off with 1500 mg or are you planning to build up slowly? Are you considering the slow release form?

Could other users share their protocols and experiences with hdl lde and ed?
Age 48
Tribullus

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 10:07:55 am »

Polewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 01:13:12 pm »
I've been taking niacin for almost 10 years and it is the best cholesterol medicine around. I would start out with 500 mg cut the pill and have take it once in the morning and once in the afternoon, go about two weeks then go 500 in the morning, 500 in the afternoon. The reason why is flushing old that can hurt. So I would get the system going slowly and work up to it. I don't think you can just take a big dose and have sex. 

I hope they can find the thread on niacin and put it back up on the board

Tfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 01:25:52 pm »
I've been taking niacin for almost 10 years and it is the best cholesterol medicine around. I would start out with 500 mg cut the pill and have take it once in the morning and once in the afternoon, go about two weeks then go 500 in the morning, 500 in the afternoon. The reason why is flushing old that can hurt. So I would get the system going slowly and work up to it. I don't think you can just take a big dose and have sex. 

I hope they can find the thread on niacin and put it back up on the board

which thread?
Age 48
Tribullus

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 01:25:52 pm »

london1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 03:13:49 pm »
Yeah I was following that thread too and it dissapeared. What happened peak?
52 years old. ED since early twenties.

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 03:28:03 pm »
I'd e careful with niacin guys. I'll try and find the study but I have heard that although it decreases cholesterol raises HDL ect it can actually increase your risk of heart attack at megadoses.
ďALL IíM TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY- NATHAN PRITIKIN

Protocol
Test Cyp 70mg sun/wed total 140mg/week IM
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday
Anastrozole .125mg mon/thur

Polewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 05:20:38 pm »
I really do not know what megadoses Is. I do know one doctor that put a lady on 3500 mg a day. It just how much your body can take without getting any Major flushing going on.

Festus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 08:22:05 pm »
My previous experiments with niacin made me feel strange but that was all pre-paleo. I have been trying it again with what seem to be better results. The only negative thing I have ever heard is that it may reduce insulin sensitivity in some cases (not sure of that) but I think the best way to deal with that is to eat a low-insulin/low-sugar diet and let your body figure out the rest.

A tip to reduce flushing is to take some fish oil or coconut oil or another healthy fat right before you take the niacin. I don't know if that would reduce the benefit of the niacin but it seems to reduce the flushing.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 08:31:24 pm »
Sorry, guys, it was part of the data loss that I experienced.  Dr. Davis is big on Niacin and uses it often for plaque reversal.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

tre

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 04:35:14 pm »
I take a two 100mg tablets 3 times per day now.  I had to work up to that amount (took 4 months) and can't see how I could go any higher.  When I first started, 100mgs would make me extremely uncomfortable.  200mgs can still make me flush and itch very bad if I don't have decent sized meal before I dose it.  Before I searched for and bought the 100mg tabs, I took a 500mg capsule and thought I was going to die...lol.   I guess some are more sensitive than others as my father takes 500mg doses just fine.

Polewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 07:36:17 pm »
For the last eight years, I've been taking niacin 500 mg once a day. The flushing as sort of gone down so I stepped it up to 500 mg twice a day. You can do all the things they said to help the flushing, but it still will come on every once in a while and it is Helped my cholesterol, I just got a stress test For my heart and The doctor looked at me and says, is this your cholesterol.

I do believe niacin is better than any of those cholesterol drugs that have statins in Them.

I hope that helps

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 06:10:31 am »
Thx guys and sorry if you reposted.  Hey, I have a q:

How much do you guys think it pulled up your HDL and affected other lipids.  Just looking for rough #s. 

I'm asking cuzz I am close to my tri targets but my HDL is too low and I might want to try some niacin.  I am going to exercise more first, but I have my doubts that that will do ti.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Polewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 07:53:43 pm »
Don't worry about losing the page that happens every once in a while. Like I've always told you I've learned so much. Now talking about losing something I lost my file with all my test once I find it I'll give you the results. But I don't know if I can go back to 2006. That's when I started taking niacin. If you can handle the flushing. That's the best niacin

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 09:44:07 pm »
If you can handle the flushing. That's the best niacin

Thx Polewalker.  What do you say the above?

Polewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 11:14:24 pm »
It can get very tough. Like I said, start out with 500 mg half a pill in the morning, half a pill in the evening and work up. This flushing. If you have never had it, it can get real Crazy. A couple times I thought I might have to go to the hospital. That's how bad it gets. Now, a little flashing around my face and chest. But before it would start in my ears and work all the way down to my knees, then you can hear your heart beating.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 11:14:24 pm »