Quantcast

Author Topic: Depression, High Cholesterol and Low T  (Read 105249 times)

Quincy

• View Profile
Re: Depression, High Cholesterol and Low T
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2012, 02:50:03 pm »
That is just too much weight to gain in 3 weeks.

I agree with you overall but do want to point out that young guys can put on ungodly amounts of muscle when they first start lifting (assuming they lift hard and eat lots of protein of course).  It's downright scary at times.  It gets harder as time goes on...

I read on muscle boards guys doing TC often had more water gain vs using TE. I saw my weight go up about 5 lbs in 3 weeks and figured it was probably mostly water gain. I had missed about 4 weight workouts during this period; although I did a couple of gruesomely long mountain hike ascents and descents so my legs got quite a workout!
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

anonymous11

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2012, 02:55:00 pm »
I am a life time lifter. I been lifting on since I was 13. I probably had one year off in those 13 years. I have a stocky muscular build. I love the weights and releasing lots of stress by pumping iron. If there is much water retention, what do people do to minimize that?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2012, 02:55:00 pm »

anonymous11

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2012, 02:57:44 pm »
Quincy, there is no psychological about how much strength I gained because doing bench press was a piece of cake when I did the weights from last week. There is and will be significant strength results so take advantage of the gym. I am...

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2012, 04:26:03 pm »
yea, I plan on it. I'm just trying to figure it all out on the fly. It will be interesting to see our T blood levels after about a month on the TC. He wanted mine drawn before my next shot (unfortunately I'm on a 2 week cycle right now). In any event, that should be the lowest reading as a marker. I'm pretty sure I'm going to change to weekly in the near future as that doesn't overload your system upfront near as much.
56yo, Pre  T level 239

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2012, 04:26:03 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2012, 05:26:53 pm »
If there is much water retention, what do people do to minimize that?

That's a good question.  I've never read anything on that, but I'm sure there something on the steroid boards.  I mean you could take some natural diuretics, such as black tea, but I'm not sure that would make much of a difference.

If I find out anything, I'll let you know.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

anonymous11

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2012, 09:09:48 pm »
Thanks. The weekly shot has been working for me. I am eager to see my T scrore at the end of month.

anonymous11

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2012, 06:34:34 pm »
Peak:

The results are in. I should let him post this but I really couldn't wait.

Testosterone level is 2412
Estradiol is 99 normal range  <=63
Cholesterol 236 normal range <200
Triglycerides 116 and the range < 150
HDL 33 range >39
Everything else in the blood work seems normal. What are your thoughts about the Testosterone being so high and the estradiol. I think the dose will have to lowered. He seems normal and less depressed.

anonymous11

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2012, 09:07:36 pm »
Hello all. Results are in as my wife stated. I went from 72 T score to 2412 T scores in a month. This is insane. I feel better than I ever been. Unfortunately, my cholesterol was high despite my intense working out without Crestor. I will start to take it again. The problem did not lie with Crestor, it was all testosterone. I feel better than I ever did in my life. Sad thing was my whole youth I had this problem. I am sure my dose will decrease for weekly T shots. My estradiol score of 99 PG/ML is too high. Does this mean I need to get on Nolvadex or another option?

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2012, 10:08:25 pm »
Wow! That is insanely high T. You were taking 200mg every 7 days right? When was the blood drawn? Was it the 6th day after the shot?
56yo, Pre  T level 239

anonymous11

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2012, 10:20:13 pm »
I been taking 200mg every 7 days. I took it after 3 days after the shot. I moved to take the shot on Sundays because I am in the gym Monday thru Thursday at 5:15am. Blood was drawn this Wednesday. When after the most recent shot is the blood testosterone test at a highest point?

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2012, 10:35:38 pm »
I been taking 200mg every 7 days. I took it after 3 days after the shot. I moved to take the shot on Sundays because I am in the gym Monday thru Thursday at 5:15am. Blood was drawn this Wednesday. When after the most recent shot is the blood testosterone test at a highest point?

I'm not real sure about that. Maybe Peak will shed some light. I've read various sources that puts the half life of cypionate at 12 days. Theoretically you would think it is at its highest peak on the day of the injection and after 12 days it would be half as much.

I've also read the half life was 8 days from one of the pharmaceutical websites, so I'm still trying to figure it out. I've also read that it takes a day or two before it peaks out in your system. I would like to understand this better also because it is very useful in trying to dial in the dosage amount.

In any event, I am pretty sure you have too large a dose even if you did the test on the 7th day before your next shot. Even if it was half as much as the 2412 reading. I can't see how that high of a level didn't run your estradiol level up high also. So if you get your T level back to a healthy normal range, there is a good chance your estradiol level may self correct also. 
56yo, Pre  T level 239

anonymous11

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2012, 10:48:56 pm »
Estradiol is 99 and the normal range  <=63. Mine is high but is that not too bad considering the testosterone cypionate is being taken? I have a doctor appointment on the 23rd. Do I bring this up or not? I want some artillery before I go there. Bottom line is I feel better than I ever been. I will be happy if I can just regularly have a 100mg weekly injection. I proved in the last year with Androgel the devastating results of a 72 score which I am not willing to go back to after the year of hell I been through. My brain is the only thing lacking. I do not have mental fog as much but I do not feel focused. I feel strong, motivated and happy. The depression medicine is controlling my anger very well. I do not get mad often....For the most part, I am very happy with my life.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2012, 02:02:24 am »
Imo that's way too high and the E2 further proves it.  You're at steroid levels and in the high range even for those guys.  But did you get tested at the beginning of the cycle?

Out of curiosty, what did your doc say?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

anonymous11

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2012, 05:51:42 am »
I got tested 4 weekly shots later of 200mg. I see doc on the 23rd of this month to discuss. I got the results of the blood work by going over there and requested a copy. After my dose lowers, what do I do regarding estradiol score? I feel great right now. I can't remember the last time.

anonymous11

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2012, 05:56:49 am »
I remember after my first month of taking Androgel, I went from 230 to 730. After another month it came right back down even lower. Is Nolvadex expensive with insurance? Peak, would this be an option for me? What do I need to worry about? I feel great. If I lowered dose and took something to lower estrogen, then I should be on the correct path....Right?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2012, 05:56:49 am »