Quantcast

Author Topic: 21 Years old. In need of serious advice/experience.  (Read 17032 times)

RC15

• View Profile
21 Years old. In need of serious advice/experience.
« on: September 21, 2012, 07:23:30 am »
Issue: sub clinical testosterone levels that GP and Endo do not believe to be a problem

Test Results:
03/29/2006
TSH .5 uIU/ml

07/12/2011 (20 years old)
Total T - 310 ng/dl
TSH 1.797 uIU/ml

08/01/2011
Total T- 432 ng/dl
LH 6.2 mIU/ml
FSH 4.7 mIu/ml
Prolactin 11.9 ng/ml

09/17/2012 (21 years old)
Total T- 364 ng/dl
TSH 1.991 uIU/ml

THis site is an eye opener. I can relate to every low T story, but yet i am so young. I am not going to list all of my symptoms because i have them all. all i can say is my life has become complete HELL, I literally feel like i am dead inside. I have totally reclused from the population. I am a senior in college at a major University and actually a pretty good looking guy and have attractive women who are into me. I hate to admit it but i havent been laid in 3 years  although i have had some failed attempts, so i guess i can count that for what its worth, i lived by myself junior year in a shit hole apt and didnt care, i dont use facebook, the list goes on. i dont even know what ive become, and the weird thing is that through it all i havent cared one bit. Also i can relate to the not looking like you have low T deal, i am into lifting and i am more muscular than most of my peers nothing crazy but in better shape and more muscular than most i am just baffled. i dont eat processed garbage, never drink/smoke/ or do anything that could have done this to me.  No use of steroids or any thing just some natty test boosters like all the rest of guys my age.

I was reading up on the stress induced secondary hypo condition that you have been talking about and think that really could apply to me. I have been a big worrier my whole life for some reason.

Peak T, help me out... Guide me please. I know my life can be turned around because i am still so young. I want to THRIVE.
My biggest obstacle is my GP and endo dont want to admit it because i am "normal" and fall into that BS lab range of 240 - 900. Enough bitching , i just want to fix this and start living. I really feel for the members on this board who suffered with this into their adulthood's i literally couldn't do it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:56:34 am by RC15 »

SED

• View Profile
Re: 21 Years old. In need of serious advice/experience.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 10:43:52 am »
Quick question: do you have morning erections?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 10:43:52 am »

RC15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 11:11:00 am »
Never, i also never experience those random erections or sexual thoughts throughout the day like I would in high school

SED

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 12:36:59 pm »
Never, i also never experience those random erections or sexual thoughts throughout the day like I would in high school
I think it is low T related. But stressing yourself and feeling like your dead inside will do more harm to you. I know, because I'm in the same situation, even worser
than you. Try to think positive (it is hard, I know that also), it will help. You're a young man with a healthy lifestyle so you don't have any vascular problems.
My advice: relax and go and find a good doctor. I'm sure you will be fine in a short period of time.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:38:54 pm by SED »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 12:36:59 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 02:48:42 pm »
Just got a sec here, because I have to take my son to school.

First of all, I am going to say the obvious:  it is NOT normal to have no libido and no morning erections at your age.  You must work and work on all of this until you get it solved.

However, the good news is that it's pretty likely most of your problem will be helped by increasing your testosterone.  Of course, only you and your doctor can decide how or if to do that, but at least you know there is an open door there.

You should read this thread about a young guy - not as young as you - that had VERY low testosterone and was dramatically helped:

https://www.peaktestosterone.com/forum/index.php?topic=513.0

Also, I highly advise laying off the testosterone boosters until you figure out what is going on with you.

Also, what do your doctors say?  Sounds like they haven't found anything wrong except the low testosterone, right?

And only consume undenatured wheys:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Whey_Excitotoxins_Glutamic_Acid
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Whey_Undenatured

One last question:  are you overweight?  How are you eating right now?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

RC15

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 03:46:42 pm »
My doctor just does not seem concerned even after conveying all of my symptoms. I have pretty much self diagnosed myself, researched this topic heavily for a while now, and gotten my labs done. My parents are starting to realize this is actually a problem and see that it makes sense for me and they feel absolutely horrible and are willing to do anything. I had a panic attack last night, i feel so cold right now like i always do (hands/ feet/ penis) (TSH??), along with constant underarm sweating, feel like i have no test running through my body. My parents came to my college town and picked me up early this morning and my father is literally willing to get me Testosterone in the meantime while waiting to get back in with my doctors.  I would go in to the ER but were afraid they might think this is all in my head, because they really don't seem to understand hormone deficiencies and how this stuff can happen from low T, Its not this depression BS that they want to diagnose everyone as having. My symptoms are literally that bad right now and have just been so bad the last week once i realized that i actually am facing the problem of Low Test which in turn makes it even worse, i had the feeling i was suffering from this since my first blood test over a year ago, but now i know that i am for sure.

I haven't had BF levels measured ever, but i have outline of abdominals so I'm thinking I'm around 14% - 15%,  I'm 6'1" 190lbs was leaner literally a few months ago with no change in diet or energy expenditure. Its as if I've had these symptoms for a long time now but in literally the last 3 weeks they have hit me even harder. I was never overweight, puberty took me forever though and just always seemed to be the "late bloomer", had gyno during puberty (maybe not full blown but definitely had the painful lumps), but never again since i was like 14  or 15. I was really skinny at the beginning of HS and then grew in height but never really filled out until i started lifting and eating. I don't have any other medical conditions. Diet right now includes a lot of chicken, eggs, veggies, 1% Milk, Muscle Milk, Low fat cottage cheese, Walnuts, Coachs Oats, Albacore tuna, . I eat out at places like Chipolte and Noodles & Company, but i don't snack on garbage chips and processed food. I consider myself pretty knowledgable in regards to nutrition and do not feel as if that is a contributing factor.

Where do you suggest i go from here help wise? Clearly HMO's are not cutting it for issues like this.I know it is absolutely imperative that we get to the root cause but at the same time i feel like i need some exogenous test for relief. With school and everything i cannot feel this way for another few weeks while waiting in limbo.

Thanks again for your insight, i really believe this forum and your website will change my life forever.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 04:51:05 pm »
Do not worry any more about someone thinking it is all in your head.  Again, the only thing you should be able to think about at your age is females.  It should require great discipline NOT to think about it.  That's how most men are and this is a huge sign that something is wrong.  Morning erections should be common as I mentioned.  Furthermore, you should have some trouble with not getting erect in public when aroused, etc.

I don't know how to tell you to handle this with your insurance, but you must find a way to find a more knowledgeable doc.  You need someone who can give you good advise on how to handle this with regards to fertility issues as well.  I urge you to read through the threads on this forum:  many of them have been started by young guys with low testosterone and you can see how different docs handled it.

Also, notice that you are on the high end of the prolactin range.  This will only make things worse.

Did you know that you are hypogonadal by LabCorp's standards now?  And your testosterone is about half of the average for your age - actually less.   

I would definitely lay off the Muscle Milk.  I am pretty sure that that is a standard whey which will be packed with excitotoxins:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Monosodium_Glutamate_Excitoxins
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

RC15

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 03:26:18 am »
Ok thank you for your input, it has been very valuable to me. I will seek outside help.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 02:54:57 pm »
Ok thank you for your input, it has been very valuable to me. I will seek outside help.

Let us know how it goes if you get a chance...

anonymous11

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 06:00:47 pm »
Hey RC15, I am 33 and my T levels went from 230 to 700 to 270 and now at 72 spread throughout the last 12 months. I used Androgel the last 12 months and it worsened me. I got to the point where my head feels heavy and foggy. When your T gets that low, there is a serious problem. I finally got a second opinion from a new doc and she prescribed me 200mg Testosterone Cypionate for weekly self injections. I will tell you this, the night after I took it, I had a nightime and morning erection for the first time in a long time. Let me cut to the chase, don't waist your time with Androgel and enhancing supplements. The shot made me feel great and now I feel better running and motivated to go to the gym.

RC15

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 12:04:31 am »
Thanks for sharing your story.

So heres where i am going from here:
I am going to self administer Testosterone and HCG and possibly Arimidex to my self while waiting to either 1) see Dr. Crisler in MI or 2) Convince my Doctor to work with Dr. Crisler like it says can be done on Dr. Crisler's website, so i don't have to make the trip out there.

I know it may be best to not self administer in the meantime but i Have to feel better i am dead set on doing it.

Can anybody provide with with an exact protocol to get my T level's in the 900-1000 range, and fairly stable. I am not afraid to inject 2 times a week... I know there is a lot of information regarding Self administered TRT on the web but a lot of it is very conflicting, can anybody chime in with some experience??

Thank You

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 12:40:53 am »

I know it may be best to not self administer in the meantime but i Have to feel better i am dead set on doing it.

Keep this to yourself.  Self-administering medications isn't something I encourage as I think you can tell.  It's better to patiently find a good doc than to take the law into your own hands.

RC15

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 04:08:11 am »
Yes your right, I know this.

I will update periodically on how things are going..

anonymous11

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 02:28:12 pm »
RC15, I am not an expert in any way. All I know is the 200mg weekly injections work well. I would make sure you are in a good doctor's hands who can check your blood periodically and talk about any possible side effects. I do not think you have to change the dosage to twice a week. I asked a similar question in the forum called "Testosterone forever". Check that forum out and add your concerns.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 03:36:12 pm »
Yes your right, I know this.

I will update periodically on how things are going..

Btw, my sympathies are with you.  I know the anxiety of low testosterone.  It's miserable and no one really understands.   You just want to solve it and you want to solve it right now.  But, if you can, try to be patient.  Here in the U.S., I don't see a good reason not to work within the system...

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 03:36:12 pm »