Quantcast

Author Topic: Lot T, anxiety, feel low....Do I need TRT?  (Read 16809 times)

Godzilla

• View Profile
Lot T, anxiety, feel low....Do I need TRT?
« on: September 23, 2012, 01:15:32 pm »
Hi guys this is my first post  :)

Few things about me.

38 years old, 6ft, 225lbs, 22%bf.  Good muscle tone as been weight training on and off for many years.

This is now where I am stuck!

I have suffered from anxiety for 11 years. I have tried almost every mental health drug out there and Benzos, nothing works except I get a heap of side effects. I am currently on Klonopin 1.0mg per day, Valium 11mg per day and Citalopram (Celexa) 40mg per day. I still cant lead a normal life. I feel tired, irritable, very low sex drive, poor erections, abdominal weight gain, poor concentration etc.

I asked my Dr for my Testosterone levels to be checked, they came back at 8.5 (Levels range from 7.8-35.5) which is around 210 in the States (I am in the UK) so they are very very low.  The Dr put me Testo-Gel.......I have not felt any different and have been on it for 5 months at 1 tube per day. My Dr will not increase the dose or put me on anything else.  My bloods showed not alterations in my Test levels since being on Testo-Gel.

Questions are.....  What do I do, could having low Test make my anxiety worse?  Also, I dont know if this could mean anything.....When I was born both my testicles were in my lower stomach. When I was 7 years old they did an operation and moved them back to the correct place!  I wonder if this may of had any effect on Test levels?

Look forward to any help/advise.

Thanks in advance.

Cronos

• View Profile
Re: Lot T, anxiety, feel low....Do I need TRT?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »
We're you born early by any chance? I think I may I had the same operation. But think this would have little affect on T levels... Maybe the other way around

Now 210 is very low and would definitely have an effect on your anxiety.

To answer your secOnd questiOn you need to get a second opinion if your levels haven't changed and he won't try any other options... Gotta run.
ďALL IíM TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY- NATHAN PRITIKIN

Protocol
Test Cyp 70mg sun/wed total 140mg/week IM
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday
Anastrozole .125mg mon/thur

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 03:33:28 pm »
First of all, the way that UK doctors seem to look at low testosterone is very different than here in the U.S. and a lot has been written on the subject on this forum.  Here in the U.S. there are many doctors who feel the way yours does, but you can also find many more forward-thinking doctors who will treat men in the 300's with symptoms.  Almost anyone below 400 can find a doctor who will treat him, although it may take a few months of research to find that physician.

Now in the U.K. it seems MUCH more rigid.  I know that a few men in the U.K., though, have found ways to get treatment, but it seems very spotty at best.  But I would urge you to read through some of the threads, because you might get some insights.  I believe a good search word would be NHS, for example.

But to answer your question, I'm not sure what to tell you to do.  There is one thing that you could try:  you could ask to have your RBC and estradiol pulled.  If those are low, then you are anemic and at risk for bone loss.  Perhaps if the doctor will not treat testosterone directly, he may treat complications.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what to tell you, because the U.K. is so different. 

One important question though:

If you lost weight until you got your abs, how many pounds do you think you'd have to lose?

I'm asking for a reason.

Also, I haven't said much about the anxiety, because low testosterone causes so much low anxiety.  It's very hard to know how much of your anxiety is caused by low testosterone or other things until you get treated for the hypogonadism.

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 03:36:42 pm »
Wow I can't believe I missed that you are in the U.K. That does complicate things a bit...
ďALL IíM TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY- NATHAN PRITIKIN

Protocol
Test Cyp 70mg sun/wed total 140mg/week IM
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday
Anastrozole .125mg mon/thur

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 03:36:42 pm »

Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 06:07:42 pm »
Thanks guys

Indeed having the NHS is very annoying.  I forgot to say that my Dr stopped my Testo-Gel 4 weeks ago as he said I did not need it anymore.....After a week of stopping it I felt so ill. I went back to see him and he still refused saying it will give me prostate cancer. So last week I went back and said I was going to self medicate, he then said he would treat me for another 6 months, so I now have Testo-Gel again at 1 tube per day.

I was born early, about 3-4 weeks if I remember what Mum had said!

To get my abs showing I would say I would need to shift 17-19lbs.  E2 levels were 62 which I think are rather high as many are in the 20's?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 10:13:27 pm »
Indeed having the NHS is very annoying.  I forgot to say that my Dr stopped my Testo-Gel 4 weeks ago as he said I did not need it anymore.....After a week of stopping it I felt so ill. I went back to see him and he still refused saying it will give me prostate cancer. So last week I went back and said I was going to self medicate, he then said he would treat me for another 6 months, so I now have Testo-Gel again at 1 tube per day.
Unbelievable.  Well, you could ask him for the evidence that testosterone therapy causes prostate cancer, but what's the point?  And I could rant about the above, which I think is a horror story and puts your long term health at risk.  But, again, what's the point?

Again, you would be hypogonadal by any and all standards here in the U.S.  All the labs have 260-280 as the low end of the range.  And I think most doctors know that testosterone that low can cause many health issues, so you'd be in pretty good shape here.

There are some exceptions.  For example, I think it was anonymous who had testosterone of 72 and the PA said that that was just fine!  But that's more the exception over here.

To get my abs showing I would say I would need to shift 17-19lbs.  E2 levels were 62 which I think are rather high as many are in the 20's?

Can you send the units on this since you're on the other side of the ocean?
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 01:21:48 pm »
I wish I did live in the US!  Weather, people and health care!

The only thing I know about Estrogen is the levels are around 15-75 so I am high on Estrogen and low on Test.  My cholesterol is very high, perfect score is 3.5-5.0.......High is considered 7.0-8.0......I am 9.8!!  I read that low T can have an effect on cholesterol?

My Dr said that myself and my girlfriend had to promise him that if he prescribed me Testo-Gel and I get prostate cancer then it is not his fault and it is all down to me?

I feel very low as in no motivation, no get up and go, anxious when I am around people, erection quality is poor, sex drive is very low, muscle aches after minimal exercise.  I also find I am rather emotional.....Even adverts on tv can have me almost in tears!  No mental health treatment to date has helped, well I say that, Valium at 25mg made me feel a bit less anxious but still had all the other symptoms. Also had different types of therapy and again no joy from any of them.  When I read that low testosterone can cause all kinds of effects it was then I asked my Dr for a blood test only to find out I am very very low in Test and high in Estrogen.

bubba29

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 01:48:11 pm »

Few things about me.

38 years old, 6ft, 225lbs, 22%bf.  Good muscle tone as been weight training on and off for many years.

I have suffered from anxiety for 11 years. I have tried almost every mental health drug out there and Benzos, nothing works except I get a heap of side effects. I am currently on Klonopin 1.0mg per day, Valium 11mg per day and Citalopram (Celexa) 40mg per day. I still cant lead a normal life. I feel tired, irritable, very low sex drive, poor erections, abdominal weight gain, poor concentration etc.

I asked my Dr for my Testosterone levels to be checked, they came back at 8.5 (Levels range from 7.8-35.5) which is around 210 in the States (I am in the UK) so they are very very low.  The Dr put me Testo-Gel.......I have not felt any different and have been on it for 5 months at 1 tube per day. My Dr will not increase the dose or put me on anything else.  My bloods showed not alterations in my Test levels since being on Testo-Gel.

Questions are.....  What do I do, could having low Test make my anxiety worse?  Also, I dont know if this could mean anything.....When I was born both my testicles were in my lower stomach. When I was 7 years old they did an operation and moved them back to the correct place!  I wonder if this may of had any effect on Test levels?

Thanks in advance.

what is your diet like?

Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 04:50:05 pm »

Few things about me.

Thanks in advance.

what is your diet like?

Diet is very good bud......Oats for breakfast with skimmed milk, protein shake mid morning, tuna and rice for lunch, apple and banana mid afternoon, chicken, rice and veg for dinner.....I also drink around 8 pints of water per day.  It does change but this is what my average day is like.....Plus I also use a good multi-vit and Omega 3/6/9.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone

Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 06:04:53 pm »
protein shake mid morning, tuna and rice for lunch.

Imo you need to watch out for the modern wheys.  In case you haven't see these:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Whey_Undenatured
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Whey_Excitotoxins_Glutamic_Acid
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Monosodium_Glutamate_Excitoxins

:o :o  Thank you for those links bud........That really has shocked me, never knew that!

Now guys......Being in the UK is good for one thing, pretty much the only thing come to think of it!  I can get AAS fairly easily and they are not illegal to posses here.  So.....I have some HCG, Clomid, Tamoxifen and Test' Prop' upstairs.  Due to the terrible NHS here I was thinking of self medicating and seeing if I feel better?  Maybe 400iu's of HCG 3 times per week......Could see if that makes me feel a bit better??

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 06:21:09 pm »

:o :o  Thank you for those links bud........That really has shocked me, never knew that!

Now guys......Being in the UK is good for one thing, pretty much the only thing come to think of it!  I can get AAS fairly easily and they are not illegal to posses here.  So.....I have some HCG, Clomid, Tamoxifen and Test' Prop' upstairs.  Due to the terrible NHS here I was thinking of self medicating and seeing if I feel better?  Maybe 400iu's of HCG 3 times per week......Could see if that makes me feel a bit better??

I didn't know that (about the U.K.)!  I find it strange no one else has mentioned it.

Anyway, if you follow the steroid boards at all, those guys do an okay job, especially the more knowledgeable ones with self-medicating.  However, I don't encourage that because most guys simply a) don't have even the basic knowledge and b) it requires proper monitoring.  Of course, I don't know how well-read you are, etc. but there are few things more important than hormones and more powerful, so this is not something to take lightly.

Let me give you an example:  HCG is very powerful and it's very easy to drive your estrogen too high.  So do you know what "too high" is and what you are going to do if you go too high?  And if if you take an AI to pull that back down, do you know when you are too low?

Anyway, I don't need to on and on about all that, but you get my point.  And I want to emphasize that I do really appreciate the predicament that you guys are in in the U.K., but it seems like there has got to be some good doctors out there somewhere?

I wonder if the government has thought what a productivity drain this NHS policy creates?  Seriously, think of all men walking around the streets of London with testosterone of 210 barely able to think at work.  And they have all the stress of their wives and girlfriends leaving them on top of depression and anxiety. 

Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 06:55:38 pm »
This is the only trouble bud......Not being able to monitor my levels. The only thing the Dr said was to have a shot of Sust' 250 every 6 weeks, indeed that is not a spelling error, every 6 weeks!  The longest ester in Sust would be out of my system in 18-21 days thus leaving me on a roller-coaster ride.  I have thought many times what you said.....I wonder how many people in the UK are living with low T yet on mental health medication?  The trouble is if a guy walks in to the Dr's and says he feels tired, sad, irritable, poor concentration etc the Dr will put him on Anti-d's straight away. I said to my Dr......I have been on almost every SSRI and Benzo over the past 11 years and still feel anxious, irritable, poor concentration, very low sex drive, poor erections.....His reply was  'This has nothing to do with low Testosterone but your negative thoughts'  I replied 'But my bloods which have been taken 4 times over 6 months have shown I am between 7-8.5 (190-225) which is very low'  He then reluctantly gave me Testo-Gel at 1 tube per day which to be honest has not made any difference and in a few months time he is stopping it yet again......When he stopped it first time I felt ok for a few days then I felt horrid, kind of like having bad flu with terrible thoughts.

The next lovely thing I have to do is come off these mental health medications.  I was on 25mg of Valium this time last year, I am now on 11mg.  Each 1mg I drop is so so tough due to withdrawal symptoms.  I have not even thought about dropping my Celexa or Klonopin just yet!!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 07:18:09 pm »
Wow - that is tragic is all I can say.  Just wait until his T gets that low.  I'll bet he'll be singing a different tune!

andylowt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 07:24:22 pm »
I'll echo the sentiment that you should most certainly see another physician. I'm not at all familiar with medicine in the UK, but I would think you could find a more progressive MD. 

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 07:24:22 pm »