Quantcast

Author Topic: Testosterone levels basically unchanged with HRT  (Read 3989 times)

sacman00

• View Profile
Testosterone levels basically unchanged with HRT
« on: October 26, 2014, 04:08:53 pm »
Hi all, I am new to the forum and am looking to understand why my test levels are basically unchanged after 6 months of 200ml (mg?) cypionate injections every 2 weeks. My doc is referring me to an endocrinologist but I am at a loss to understand why my levels are still so low. Any ideas? 

Hydranted

• View Profile
Re: Testosterone levels basically unchanged with HRT
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 04:14:18 pm »
How long after your last injection were your labs drawn?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 04:14:18 pm »

sacman00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 04:14:52 pm »
10 days after

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 04:16:40 pm »
1.  What's important is how you feel
2.  Your doctor is a dumb fuck, this is one of the worst things one can do

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 04:16:40 pm »

sacman00

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 04:20:15 pm »
I don't feel any different than before I started. When I started HRT my total was 236 and free was 49.1 and now it is total 235 and free 43.5. To me there is something seriously messed up if I am getting injections and my numbers look like this

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 04:22:09 pm »
10 days after

There's your answer.

Testosterone cypionate has a half life of about 1 week, so your T levels will be pretty low by the 10 day mark. 

TRT protocols should not exceed 7 days in between injections.  You would be much better off splitting your 200mg E2W dose into 100mg EW.

Injecting E2W is a very bad protocol and will put you on a hormonal rollercoaster.  200mg is a very large dose for one injection.  Your T and E2 will have a large spike, and then drop extremely low as time goes by in between injections.

sacman00

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 04:25:15 pm »
Would it be advisable to try patches or gels or just inject more frequently? I see that with a halflife that short I am running on empty at 2 week intervals.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2014, 04:37:57 pm »
Hi all, I am new to the forum and am looking to understand why my test levels are basically unchanged after 6 months of 200ml (mg?) cypionate injections every 2 weeks. My doc is referring me to an endocrinologist but I am at a loss to understand why my levels are still so low. Any ideas?

Ha ha.  That's funny.  If you go to an endo, by the way, they will probably take you off of HRT, so be careful.  Most endos hate HRT and you have to have a nut fall off before they will give it to you.  (Some endos are great though - I'm just talking about the majority.)

Anyway, the above study is very funny, because here is the way it works with these ridiculous two week protocols:

Your testosterone ramps up and is very high day 1 to 3.  (He probably gave you 200 mg, which is a VERY high dose.)  Then it slowly goes down.  On about day day 10-14, your testosterone will actually go BELOW your old baseline.  It's very ugly. 

These two week protocols make no sense and do not take into account the half-life of cypionate.  It's very old school and virtually no one with successful HRT does a two week protocol with cypionate.  I discuss some of the other problems with this protocol here:

http://peaktestosterone.com/testosterone_cypionate

Here is a study that shows this decrease in T that occurs:

http://peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Cypionate_Weekly_Two_Weeks

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2014, 04:41:13 pm »
Would it be advisable to try patches or gels or just inject more frequently? I see that with a halflife that short I am running on empty at 2 week intervals.

Stick with the injections, just talk to your doctor about changing your protocol to 100mg EW and rechecking your bloodwork in 6 weeks or so. 

Injections are by far the most reliable and effective delivery method for TRT.

sacman00

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 08:22:31 pm »
Thank you so much! This board is full of great info and straight answers!

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2014, 08:22:31 pm »