Quantcast

Author Topic: Low DHEA and Low Free Testosterone Due to Higher SHBG  (Read 13087 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Low DHEA and Low Free Testosterone Due to Higher SHBG
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2015, 04:46:35 pm »
Well, free testosterone imo seems to be the least accurate of the tests or perhaps the least consistent would be a better way to put it.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2015, 05:02:42 pm »
Well, free testosterone imo seems to be the least accurate of the tests or perhaps the least consistent would be a better way to put it.

Well I agree. But I'm going with what they require until I can pull SHBG. Although dr Saya believes that SHBG can be inferred through free testosterone status.

Anyways another good thing about going through them. I can pull cholesterol numbers whenever I want for $10. I can pull vitamin d for $40 b12 for 18. IGF-1 or DHEA for 25. Complete thyroid work up for 199. Their blood tests are Extremely cheap. If nothing else having access to these blood test prices are absolute gold.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 05:05:17 pm by Cronos »
ďALL IíM TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY- NATHAN PRITIKIN

Protocol
Test Cyp 70mg sun/wed total 140mg/week IM
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday
Anastrozole .125mg mon/thur

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2015, 05:02:42 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2015, 05:27:58 pm »

Well I agree. But I'm going with what they require until I can pull SHBG. Although dr Saya believes that SHBG can be inferred through free testosterone status.

Anyways another good thing about going through them. I can pull cholesterol numbers whenever I want for $10. I can pull vitamin d for $40 b12 for 18. IGF-1 or DHEA for 25. Complete thyroid work up for 199. Their blood tests are Extremely cheap. If nothing else having access to these blood test prices are absolute gold.

Well, ask 'em about it.  Maybe I'm doing something boneheaded.  Wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah, you can get pretty much the same rates through health tests direct or Nelson's lab, but that's super convenient of course.

Above all, isn't it great that testing prices have come down so much?  Very nice...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2015, 05:30:33 pm »

Well, ask 'em about it.  Maybe I'm doing something boneheaded.  Wouldn't be the first time.

Yeah, you can get pretty much the same rates through health tests direct or Nelson's lab, but that's super convenient of course.

Above all, isn't it great that testing prices have come down so much?  Very nice...

Yeah unless I try and go through my doc... Then lab prices aren't cheap. It's nice that I can do a bunch of self testing for pretty cheap. Like vitamin d. I need to get that sorted out. I'd also like to keep an eye on my cholesterol ect which was high this time around. Lots of cheat meals definitely didn't help that. So I'd like to see where they're at in maintenance mode on a strict low glycemic low fat diet
ďALL IíM TRYING TO DO IS WIPE OUT HEART DISEASE, DIABETES, HYPERTENSION, AND OBESITY- NATHAN PRITIKIN

Protocol
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2015, 05:30:33 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2015, 05:36:55 pm »

Yeah unless I try and go through my doc... Then lab prices aren't cheap. It's nice that I can do a bunch of self testing for pretty cheap. Like vitamin d. I need to get that sorted out. I'd also like to keep an eye on my cholesterol ect which was high this time around. Lots of cheat meals definitely didn't help that. So I'd like to see where they're at in maintenance mode on a strict low glycemic low fat diet

Preach it!

Cronos

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 05:56:36 pm »

Preach it!

But yeah something else I'm going to have to correct and I know he'll put me on it is DHEA.

Protocol
Hcg 500iu mon/Thursday

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2015, 05:56:36 pm »