Quantcast

Author Topic: My use of Niacin as a lipids control supplement, no Rx drugs involved  (Read 2789 times)

Sam Duxbury

• Enjoying Tampa FL and the Good Life.
    • View Profile
Good Day, Y'All !!

Been away for a while, we have been enjoying the great Fall weather down here. Life in general, sex life in particular, Everything is working FINE.
My lover and I just got back from our week in the TN mountains, what a sexy week of isolation and pure adult fun that was...

But, to the matter at hand: Mr. PeakT asked me to post my lipids numbers. My SottoPelle Dr. put me on Niacin last July 2014 to start getting my lipids
numbers down. It took about 7 weeks to get up to 1,000 milligrams of niacin a day, and I have been taking 2 grams of l-Citrulline, and 2 grams of
l-Arginine, and 5,000 IU D3 daily since last February under her watch. That's for NO supply to the vasculature, makes for better erections and has
endothelial healing capabilities.

Now, this is only 90 days so far, and I have another blood draw for mid-cycle monitoring in mid-January 2015. That should show even better numbers.

I have my HRT dialed in, my E2 is in control, and the LabCorp lipid panel shows 3 months of Niacin intervention has my

HDL raised from 43 to 58 mg/dL;

triglycerides dropped 144 to 85 mg/dL;  (My Dr was stunned at this drop in numbers)

LDL stayed the same at 100 mg/dL;

total cholesterol dropped to 180 mg/dL;

Estradiol (via Roche ECLIA method) is 16.1 pg/mL....(but that is due to use of AI anastrozole .25 mg/week)....
And, yes I definitely feel that E2 control in the 20 to 35 range is CRITICALLY important. I'm definitely sure I feel and function better
when my E2 is somewhere between 15 to 25 pg/mL. That's another thread, though....

The Niacin I use is plain old niacin, 250 mg capsules from a local real health and sports nutrition store. Sometimes, I get a good flush
but it doesn't bother me. Sometimes I take the big dose when my lover and I get together. The niacin flush during sex is mind-blowing.

I am working my way up to 1,500 to 2,000 mg per day per my Dr. direction. She is a firm believer in vitamin supplementation for health,
but will give an Rx as needed. She draws from both worlds to help her patients. She is just wonderful in her attention to monitoring my condition.

OK, that's the short story.

Comments and questions are welcome. I shall try to answer as quickly as I can.

Hope Y'All are doing well, go do something FUN this weekend !! Yes, we are grillin' and chillin' on the back porch, as we usually do.

Cheers! - Sam D.

(Oh, and Ja! Lovin' it down hee-ah in Flah-ridder!! )
Total HRT program: SottoPelle Testosterone Pellets every 6 months, 300 IU hCG sub-q M-F, .05 mg letrozole once weekly.

14 May 2015 blood work: Serum T: 1,264 ng/dL (one month since LAST pellet insert procedure);
                            Free Testosterone: 21.7 pg/mL
                            Estradiol (ultrasensitive): 17.4 pg/mL
                            PSA (Roche ECLIA): 3.1 ng/mL  (March 2014 = 2.6 ng/mL)
                            D3: 77 ng/dL
                            Prolactin: 7.0 ng/mL
                            Cortisol: 6.9 mcg/mL (down from 12.8 one year ago)

I am responsible for my enjoyment of my maleness. My success depends on my best efforts to stay healthy and live a positive lifestyle.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: My use of Niacin as a lipids control supplement, no Rx drugs involved
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:45:58 pm »
Incredible SamD.  I have comments but can't do it now.  Work is calling.  (And calling...)
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 09:45:58 pm »

Tfan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 10:59:06 pm »

Estradiol (via Roche ECLIA method) is 16.1 pg/mL....(but that is due to use of AI anastrozole .25 mg/week)....
And, yes I definitely feel that E2 control in the 20 to 35 range is CRITICALLY important. I'm definitely sure I feel and function better
when my E2 is somewhere between 15 to 25 pg/mL. That's another thread, though....

What do you mean by CRITICALLY important? How do you feel when E2 is high above 35 and/or lower than 15?

Thanks
Age 48
Tribullus

Sam Duxbury

• Enjoying Tampa FL and the Good Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 04:23:51 pm »
G'day, Tfan!

Though it's off subject.....I believe E2 control is one cornerstone of successful HRT therapy and battling ED.

in MY PERSONAL battle with ED, my Dr and I finally got a stable E2 level at 16 to 25 pg/mL after 2+years of careful
blood tests and Anastrozole dosage (now at .25 mg/week). Also, all the reports I have read from doctors I believe,
 indicate E2 in that range is 'good', and satisfies the aging adult male's body needs for health, sex, optimum psychological
balance, and generalized feelings of well being.

Now for me: (this is totally subjective, and strictly all about me...)

When I have my E2 in control, I feel physically, psychologically, and sexually happy and functional. Even as low as 4 - 6 pg/mL and
as high as 40-ish pg/mL, I felt great. But, Mr. PeakT cautioned me that 4 pg was too low, osteoporosis being all too possible.

When my levels were way high (60-ish or lots more), I flat felt miserable. Sexually, I just did not have that hunger and zest for a
Good roll-in-the-hay. I could and we did, but the red-hot Zing wasn't there. Also felt tired, mentally foggy, just not 'living the life' ....

And generally,
The last 2 years with E2 where we want it (and, of course HRT and good diet) my BMI dropped to 16, waist size is 33 inch, weight
Is 158 lb (and I can't seem to gain weight no matter what I eat), and my physique is going 'cut' and broad shouldered.  My Lover
definitely loves it and approves; my sex drive, hunger, functionality is like my mid-30s all over again. Also weirdly, my hair has recovered from snow white to an iron-grayish color.

I hope this answers your question with sufficient details.

Cheers Y'All!! do something FUN this weekend ! -Sam D.
Total HRT program: SottoPelle Testosterone Pellets every 6 months, 300 IU hCG sub-q M-F, .05 mg letrozole once weekly.

14 May 2015 blood work: Serum T: 1,264 ng/dL (one month since LAST pellet insert procedure);
                            Free Testosterone: 21.7 pg/mL
                            Estradiol (ultrasensitive): 17.4 pg/mL
                            PSA (Roche ECLIA): 3.1 ng/mL  (March 2014 = 2.6 ng/mL)
                            D3: 77 ng/dL
                            Prolactin: 7.0 ng/mL
                            Cortisol: 6.9 mcg/mL (down from 12.8 one year ago)

I am responsible for my enjoyment of my maleness. My success depends on my best efforts to stay healthy and live a positive lifestyle.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 04:23:51 pm »

Tfan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 05:48:10 pm »
G'day, Tfan!

Though it's off subject.....I believe E2 control is one cornerstone of successful HRT therapy and battling ED.

in MY PERSONAL battle with ED, my Dr and I finally got a stable E2 level at 16 to 25 pg/mL after 2+years of careful
blood tests and Anastrozole dosage (now at .25 mg/week). Also, all the reports I have read from doctors I believe,
 indicate E2 in that range is 'good', and satisfies the aging adult male's body needs for health, sex, optimum psychological
balance, and generalized feelings of well being.

Now for me: (this is totally subjective, and strictly all about me...)

When I have my E2 in control, I feel physically, psychologically, and sexually happy and functional. Even as low as 4 - 6 pg/mL and
as high as 40-ish pg/mL, I felt great. But, Mr. PeakT cautioned me that 4 pg was too low, osteoporosis being all too possible.

When my levels were way high (60-ish or lots more), I flat felt miserable. Sexually, I just did not have that hunger and zest for a
Good roll-in-the-hay. I could and we did, but the red-hot Zing wasn't there. Also felt tired, mentally foggy, just not 'living the life' ....

And generally,
The last 2 years with E2 where we want it (and, of course HRT and good diet) my BMI dropped to 16, waist size is 33 inch, weight
Is 158 lb (and I can't seem to gain weight no matter what I eat), and my physique is going 'cut' and broad shouldered.  My Lover
definitely loves it and approves; my sex drive, hunger, functionality is like my mid-30s all over again. Also weirdly, my hair has recovered from snow white to an iron-grayish color.

I hope this answers your question with sufficient details.

Cheers Y'All!! do something FUN this weekend ! -Sam D.

Sam this is great. Thanks.
I am not on TRT but I ve managed to get my T to the 700 level. But Ive noticed my E2 moving higher than the 30 boundary closer to 35. And I wonder if this explains some of my lack of sex drive, though erections arent an issue.

Will be bringing this up with doc on my next visit.

Age 48
Tribullus

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 05:48:10 pm »