Author Topic: How to Find a Good Doctor for HRT (Part 2)  (Read 5482 times)


  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 275
    • View Profile
How to Find a Good Doctor for HRT (Part 2)
« on: September 27, 2012, 07:04:06 pm »
Quincy:  Noone likes the 3 week cycle from what I've seen and everyone complains there are miserable that last week. 

Also, I cannot believe the comment about "getting you to feel good".  Man, that shows gross ignorance.  I would consider finding a more knowledgeable doc.

Which one? the Primary or the Uro. I think after my next 2 week trainee shot, I'll tell the doc I'm going to switch to half the dosage each week. It just seems like the safer way to go as far as disrupting other systems effected by T spikes. I don't think he will have any problem with that. I would still like to see my E2, SBGH, FT, RBC to make sure they are within range. Maybe after I get on a consistent weekly regimen for a few months, I'll ask for these tests. If he is unwilling (this really is kind of ridicules having to plot a strategy course) I'll go to my wife's doctor and see what he will do.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly


  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 38446
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: How to Find a Good Doctor for HRT (Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:30:50 pm »
Here is another strategy that I have seen work.  Go to your doctor and say, "Hey, you've been a great help, but I'd really like to find a doctor that has worked a lot of with men's health issues like this.  Do you know anyone whose got a specialization or reputation in dealing with these kind of things?" 

Most doctors will not be put off by this.  If it's a PCP, in particular, they can easily refer you to a urologist or endocrinologist that they've run across or heard about without any potential harm to their own business. 

In the medical profession, it is common, of course, for a doctor to defer to another's specilized expertise and there is no loss of face in doing so.  So this will be a non-threatening way for him or her to deal with a subject that he/she quietly admits is a black hole.

Here is kcwebguy's post about a little different approach to the same:


« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 11:40:23 pm by PeakT »
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: How to Find a Good Doctor for HRT (Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 11:30:50 pm »