Quantcast

Author Topic: Self-Monitoring Labs for Testosterone and Male Panels  (Read 6827 times)

FightLowT

• View Profile
Self-Monitoring Labs for Testosterone and Male Panels
« on: September 28, 2012, 02:34:43 am »
If that qwak won't request those labs here are two links to some websites that provide some lab packets for male panels which include the necessary tests that you need. Companies like these two have taken advantage of the market that exists due to the large gap between stubborn ass-hat minded doctors that don't know shit about hormones and refuse to request specific labs and those few doctors that do that are very hard to access. Both of their male anti-aging packets cost around $350.00. Many of us have probably paid that amount of money in just co-pay visits alone while sifting through a handful of doctors to finally find one that actually listens to his patients and has just a modicum of knowledge.

http://www.privatemdlabs.com/

http://www.saveonlabs.com/

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Self-Monitoring Labs for Testosterone and Male Panels
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 04:52:53 am »
FightLowT:  I split this out, because it's a little different and I want to be able to refer to it in the future.  Have you used these?  Have you heard good things about them?  $350 is quite a bit for a lot of folks and so I'd like to get a little feedback from you.

All:  Life Extension Foundation has male panels that you can get from local reputable labs.  I think everyone would agree that LEF has a good overall reputation in the supplement and many excellent articles.  They have also done some great research that has helped us all out.  (I'm not affiliated with them in any way.)

Basically, you can go to their site (lef.org) and order one of these panels.  They use, at least where I live, some of the big gun labs and have arrangements with them, which is nice cuzz you're using a local, well-known lab.  However, it also costs a little more than the above I believe, although they do have specials from time-to-time.

For example, right now it is $269 and you get the following:

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/ItemLC322582/Male-Panel-Blood-Test.html

Chemistry Panel (Metabolic panel with lipids)
Complete Blood Count (CBC)
Free Testosterone
Total Testosterone
DHEA - Sulfate
Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
Estradiol
Homocysteine
C-reactive protein (High sensitivity)
TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy

CAUTION:  I'm not advocating self-treatment here.  But I think that we'd all agree that doctors are constrained by insurance companies and certain "standards of practice protocols" and peer pressure to sometimes not do full testing.  So, imo, getting your own testing done in those cases and bringing any concerns that come up to your doctor for evaluation is a good idea for those who can afford it.

Example:  My PCP would not pull homocysteine or CRP if her life depended on it.  (Maybe that was the problem:  it was MY life that depended on it!)  I whined like a school girl, whimpered for a few minutes and begged along with a few other tactics, but nothing worked.  But who would fault me for checking those on my own?? 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 04:52:53 am »

FightLowT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 10:16:00 am »
Both of those online order companies are affiliated with labcorp. So it's basically just ordering your labs through labcorp with a different company. I have heard that plenty of guys on other TRT forums use them when they are dealing with bull-headed docs. Many of these tests such as SHBG and E2 are not some wacky far out concept nor are they both rare labs, however we all know that "we know nothing" and that the docs know everything.

Here is one that seems reasonable that will pretty much give a guy a good idea where he is at. This one is $245 and includes E2, DHEA, Testosterone(free) , and SHBG

http://www.saveonlabs.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=361648

This one is called Anabolic steroid test..lol..It pretty much has most the things a guy who isn't on steroids and health-minded wants to know by the way and only leaves out DHEA and androsteniodine. Probably one of the more complete male vitality panels. It's $300..

http://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_tests.php?view=category_result&show=1026&category=14&search=#1026

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:29:35 am by FightLowT »

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 03:06:27 pm »
I will have to dig around and look for a post on one of the steroid forums I ran across some time ago. From what I remember, you can order a fairly complete panel and mark yourself off as female and the price was significantly less than the same test for males. If I find it, I'll post it for any comments.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 03:06:27 pm »

FightLowT

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 05:07:01 pm »
That doesn't surprise me one bit about the female test costing less money. We men are regarded as crap in modern society ( simply disposable utilities and commodities in an ever increasing consumerist society). How many marches do you see for prostate health?  ;) We are the ones that have to sign up for selective service. How many men shelters do you see?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 06:35:50 pm »
Both of those online order companies are affiliated with labcorp. So it's basically just ordering your labs through labcorp with a different company. I have heard that plenty of guys on other TRT forums use them when they are dealing with bull-headed docs. Many of these tests such as SHBG and E2 are not some wacky far out concept nor are they both rare labs, however we all know that "we know nothing" and that the docs know everything.

Thx FLT.  I figured that was the case but wanted to get some of the detail.  Very interesting stuff and I'm sure it's gonna help quite a few guys.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 06:48:20 pm »
I found that post about using a female hormone panel. It is from the same lab that FLT posted above. Here is a snippet from the original post describing what you get and how to do it. This test costs about $60 but I noticed it uses Total T not Free T and didn't have SBGH. The LH and FSH wouldn't do me much good at this point.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is how to get bloodwork done very cheaply by scheduling your blood panel on-line, without going to the doctor, and without the need for medical insurance. The testing will be done by Labcorp, so as long as you can get to a Labcorp office, you can use this option. There is a trick to getting this done cheaply, so read on.

***Please note that this option will not work in NY, NJ, or RI due to state medical billing laws***

"Here is the trick. Go to privatemdlabs.com and select the hormone panel for females. This test comes with a CMP (liver, kidney values and more), CBC (blood counts), total Testosterone, total Estrogen, LH and FSH.

I have done this a few times before and all your reference ranges come back based on males once you enter in all the info that the lab co wants.

Also use the discount code ______ (search internet for current discount codes, can usually find a 15% off). Total should come to roughly 50 dollars.

They use labcorp so just select a location nearest you. You can also make an appointment to have blood drawn, which many people don't know. Just go to their website (labcorp) to do so after you paid for the bloodwork.

If you go on a weekday (except friday) you will have your results emailed to you the next day most likely as they are that fast as effff!!!!
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 06:48:20 pm »