Quantcast

Author Topic: Lowtestosterone.com Review  (Read 12829 times)

NJDevil

• View Profile
Lowtestosterone.com Review
« on: November 18, 2014, 06:12:53 pm »
Anyone using lowtestosterone.com for their treatment? If so, do you like them, what are your reviews.  Anyone use their travel reimbursement?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:55:52 pm by PeakT »
Age 40
5'10" 190lbs

T          486 ng/dL
Free T   18.3 pg/mL
DHT      ??
E2(sensitive)         31.0 pg/mL
SHBG    24.6 nmol/L

Hydranted

• View Profile
Re: Lowtestosterone.com Review
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 06:24:19 pm »
I use them.  I have no complaints at all.  Their customer service is very good.  I wasn't really expecting much in that category but they've definitely proven me wrong.

I used their travel reimbursement as well.  They will refund you up to $150 for ground travel and up to $300 for airfare if they don't have a doctor within 250 miles (I think?) of you.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:56:02 pm by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 06:24:19 pm »

Dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 06:33:37 pm »
I might actually look into this.  They have a clinic right next to my work.  I bet if I wait 10 days and go get blood drawn I will be low enough for my insurance to pick up the tab.   I fired my old TRT clinic due to them being shitty, and more expensive.  I wonder if this is worth looking into.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:56:12 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 06:39:44 pm »
I use them.  I have no complaints at all.  Their customer service is very good.  I wasn't really expecting much in that category but they've definitely proven me wrong.

I used their travel reimbursement as well.  They will refund you up to $150 for ground travel and up to $300 for airfare if they don't have a doctor within 250 miles (I think?) of you.

How much did you have to pay up front?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:56:22 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 06:39:44 pm »

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 07:00:44 pm »
There wasn't any sign up fee or up front payment, just payment of the first month's fee of $200.

The monthly fee covers all medications and supplies, 2 yearly doctor visits, and 2 yearly rounds of bloodwork.  If you require more bloodwork you can always just submit it to your insurance. 

You also have access to your doctor and LowT.com's staff via the internet so if you have any questions, you can get them answered without having to make an appointment.  Their staff is able to field most questions.  I try not to bug my doctor with all of the minutiae that comes along with TRT.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:56:33 pm by PeakT »

Dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 07:06:04 pm »
I wonder if they would let me come in for injections.  I want someone to inject me, for some reason sometimes I think I am doing it wrong.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:56:43 pm by PeakT »

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 07:32:57 pm »
I wonder if they would let me come in for injections.  I want someone to inject me, for some reason sometimes I think I am doing it wrong.

That would probably be something that you'd want to make clear from the beginning so they can set you up with a doctor who would allow that.  LowT.com doesn't have a clinic that you go to.  They work with doctors in different cities who are educated on TRT, so it would probably be up to the individual doctor. 

I think you're worrying too much, it's really difficult to screw up an IM injection and I imagine that you're doing it just fine.  As long as it's going into a muscle, you're fine.  It doesn't need to be in some exact 1" x 1" window of muscle tissue. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:56:52 pm by PeakT »

HouKN98

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 08:46:09 pm »
Interesting thread.  I may actually go this route when I'm ready to change up my TRT protocol.  It's $200 a month, could be a problem, but like another poster said, I may abstain from meds for a week or two to let my T go low enough that insurance will pay for it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:57:03 pm by PeakT »
My TRT Guide & eBook: http://www.trtguide.com
About Me: 35 y/o, 5'11", 165 lbs as of June 2015
TRT: 120 mg T + 1000 IU HCG weekly + 0.5 mg anastrozole, all in divided doses

Dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 08:54:18 pm »
That is what I might do as well.  Give me about 15 days off T and I bet my levels would be around 200 or lower... that would suck a fat one though.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:57:13 pm by PeakT »

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2014, 10:22:33 pm »
Interesting thread.  I may actually go this route when I'm ready to change up my TRT protocol.  It's $200 a month, could be a problem, but like another poster said, I may abstain from meds for a week or two to let my T go low enough that insurance will pay for it.

I went with lowtestosterone.com because I was tired of "traditional" doctors telling me that I was normal.  I had consistently low numbers on multiple tests and none of them would even acknowledge that something was wrong with my hormones. 

Sure, I could have kept on searching for a doctor that accepted my insurance and understood hormones, but I was in a dire situation.  Work performance, my relationship, my mental health, etc. were all suffering greatly.  I felt that I couldn't waste any more time. 

There was also no guarantee that any doctor I would find would understand the nuances of TRT or be open to hCG or an AI if necessary. 

LowTestosterone.com was able to find me a great doctor who knows TRT.  On top of that, he's a good dude.  He's been very understanding through the process of getting me dialed in.  That's something that could have taken me forever to find if I kept just bouncing around doctor's offices hoping that somebody would help me.  I have no regrets, even if it means paying $200/month.  I've now got quality medical care.

I should also add that in no way am I affiliated with the website.  Just a happy client/patient.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:57:23 pm by PeakT »

JonnyV

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 05:19:46 am »
Wow! This looks amazing. Does the $15 co-pay cover any kind of treatment? Is this cheaper than getting T from your normal doc?

I might consider this if things don't go well with my urologist.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:57:32 pm by PeakT »

Roger

• View Profile
Re: lowtestosterone.com
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 10:08:57 am »
Wow! This looks amazing. Does the $15 co-pay cover any kind of treatment? Is this cheaper than getting T from your normal doc?

It's probably cheaper getting T through an Rx from your regular doctor and buying it from a local pharmacy. I was prescriped .5 ml (100 mg) cypionate IM per week by my doctor, and it only cost me $92 for a 10 ml vial at my local pharmacy (a 20 week supply). My health insurance doesn't cover this, but it's a low enough price that it won't be an issue for me.

The trick, of course, is to find a "normal" doc who'll prescribe anything unless you have extremely low T levels. My last few blood tests had me between 335-375 ng/dl, my libido was seriously diminished, and I was suffering noticeable mental fog and lack of concentration. So I'm lucky that I recently switched to a good doctor who agreed that this was too low for an otherwise healthy 49 year old, and recommended that I try TRT. I'm only on my second week at this point, and I already feel like a new man! I'm also taking 25 mg of BioDim twice daily to help keep my E2 in check, and will follow up with additional blood work in January to see how things are going. Keeping my fingers crossed...
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 185 lbs
Body Fat: 10-13%
50 mg test cyp IM twice per week

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 12:01:14 pm »

The $15 payment is for when you refill a medication.  This is some type of compliance fee that isn't able to be accounted for in the monthly fee.  How often you refill a medication is dependent on your protocol.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:57:42 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 02:55:42 pm »

It's probably cheaper getting T through an Rx from your regular doctor and buying it from a local pharmacy. I was prescriped .5 ml (100 mg) cypionate IM per week by my doctor, and it only cost me $92 for a 10 ml vial at my local pharmacy (a 20 week supply). My health insurance doesn't cover this, but it's a low enough price that it won't be an issue for me.

The trick, of course, is to find a "normal" doc who'll prescribe anything unless you have extremely low T levels. My last few blood tests had me between 335-375 ng/dl, my libido was seriously diminished, and I was suffering noticeable mental fog and lack of concentration. So I'm lucky that I recently switched to a good doctor who agreed that this was too low for an otherwise healthy 49 year old, and recommended that I try TRT. I'm only on my second week at this point, and I already feel like a new man! I'm also taking 25 mg of BioDim twice daily to help keep my E2 in check, and will follow up with additional blood work in January to see how things are going. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Actually, it's quite common now for docs to treat in the 300's.  Well, endocrinologists will fight you tooth and nail, but many PCP's, urologists and insurance-covered HRT clinics will do it.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

NJDevil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 08:29:49 pm »
I had consult with my endo today and he was no help as he said he does not specialize in it.  Only offered Axiron.  So I found a local doc that offers something like lowtestosterone.com.  It is great that he is local, does the TRT himself and it is cheaper, $139/mo.  So within a couple weeks I will see him and start TRT.  Will keep you guys posted. Fingers crossed this is what is making me miserable as all the docs and best docs at the mayoclinic found nothing else.
Age 40
5'10" 190lbs

T          486 ng/dL
Free T   18.3 pg/mL
DHT      ??
E2(sensitive)         31.0 pg/mL
SHBG    24.6 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 08:29:49 pm »