Quantcast

Author Topic: Maximising Growth Hormone Release  (Read 3370 times)

davcir

• View Profile
Maximising Growth Hormone Release
« on: November 28, 2014, 01:09:27 pm »
Hi,

I am researching growth hormone release which has several benefits:

1. Encourages Lipolysis ( breakdown of body fat for energy ) . Of particular interest if you have a spare tyre helping keep your Estradiol levels high.
2. Anti Aging . Growth Hormone is what helps regenerate your body. Look and feel better.
3. There are studies which correlate GH secretion with Testerone production.

Ive come across a lot of proponents of Fasted Cardio. Here is an excerpt from the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism Vol. 76, No. 6 1993. Section "  Acute Effects of High Fat and High Glucose Meals on the Growth Hormone Response to Exercise, "

"The data suggest that exercise-induced GH release can be profoundly modulated by a single meal taken before exercise. In our study, a high-fat drink attenuated postexercise peak GH levels and AUC by about 50%. It is worth noting that a typical fast-food meal would likely contain similar calories as fat as our high-fat protocol [e.g. a Big Mac hamburger and regular french fries contains 446 kcal as fat alone (15)]. A smaller, insignificant decrease in the GH response was seen after the ingestion of a high-glucose meal. The increase in metabolic rate and cellular redox state, as judged by the increases in vo, and the lactate to pyruvate ratio, were virtually the same after placebo, high-glucose, and high-fat meals. Thus, the reduced GH response to exercise must have resulted from a direct effect of the ingested substrate (i.e. fat) on the hypothalamic pituitary axis or by indirect effects mediated by the hormonal response to the meal itself. "

1. Placebo was probably something inert with no calorific value. It wasnt stated what it was. It also represents the fasted state
2. Glucose could be sugary drink , higher glycemic carbs ( Bananna for example a staple of the fitness industry ), Pre workout shake ( if you listen to the bodybuilding " industry dogma " and become a " consumer " ..
3. Fats are fats , good or bad.

The digestion time of these items i didnt establish but save to say i reckon fasted is not having ate in at least the last three hours. This point I am  not sure of however.

Notice :

1. Fasted has the highest GH spike.
2. Carbs , something we are thought to eat before going to the gym .. severely blunt the response to excercise.
3. Fats are not so bad.
4. Proteins are not addressed ( though I have seen elsewhere they dont have an impact especially BCAA )
5. That the best response comes after 20 minutes of cardio.

We know already :

1. That Cortisol rises with excercise duration ( which is opposite T and bad for T ) so the 20 minutes is also important.
2. People who spend hours on the treadmill or training ( e.g endurance athletes ) or in the Gym are working against their objectives if they are a. Fat Loss b. Lean Muscle gain ( Cortisol is catabolic ). In bodybuilding this is generally referred to as over training. 

Conclusion:

1. Fasted Cardio ( ie no calories but say a black coffee or Green Tea which encourage lyposis  ) is best for GH response.
2. Shorter excercise duration is better. 20 minutes ideal. 
3. If i have to eat , best to grab an avocado before excercise. Fat intake overall encourages lyposis.

So i have my gym membership and my excercise bike. If I do 15 - 20 minutes in the morning and one or two more shorter " Sprints " between meals ( ideaally before ) once i break the fast i should over the next month look and sleep better, encourage lyposis ( fat burning ) and increase T.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 01:31:57 pm by davcir »
17 Oct

FSH 4.5 mUI/ml
Estradiol 17- Beta 30.2 pg/ml
Testosterone 3.8 ng/ml
Insulin 6.5 μUI/ml

TSH 1.582 μUI/ml
T4 Free .98 ng/dl
T3 Free  3.3 pg/ml

BMI 26 / 80 Kilos
Age 38

20 November

LH 3.4 MUI/ml ( 1.5 - 9.3 )
Prolactin 4.7ng /ml ( 2.1 -17-7 )
Testosterona 6.4 ng/ml
Free Test.      25.93 pg/ml ( 10 - 42 )
DHEA 2.94 ng/ml (1.4 - 12-5 )
DHEA Sulfate 278 ug/dl
Cortisol 6.5 ug/dl

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Maximising Growth Hormone Release
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 03:57:22 pm »
I've got some more ideas here:

http://peaktestosterone.com/Growth_Hormone

and here:

http://peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Growth_Hormone

You do want to make sure, imo, that you don't overly increase IGF-1 though.  Just do a little reading on IGF-1 and anti-aging research and you'll see what I mean.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 03:57:22 pm »

davcir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 06:31:28 pm »
There are swings and roundabouts with everything i suppose , but to balance the point I would say studies indicate   increased serum levels of HGH ( natural profile ) reduce cholestorol , lower blood pressure , improve cardiac function , mental health  , mood , sleep , reduce diabetes risk , increases libido  and encourages liposis and to boot increase T . However I will research further IGF-1 . This being said also hgh therapy from what i understand is generally administered at 2 / 3 iu in an ester form which has a much longer half life than secreted by the pit gland and at a much higher dose. In the end i am going to die of someting.
17 Oct

FSH 4.5 mUI/ml
Testosterone 3.8 ng/ml
Insulin 6.5 μUI/ml

TSH 1.582 μUI/ml
T4 Free .98 ng/dl
T3 Free  3.3 pg/ml

BMI 26 / 80 Kilos
Age 38

20 November

Prolactin 4.7ng /ml ( 2.1 -17-7 )
Testosterona 6.4 ng/ml
Free Test.      25.93 pg/ml ( 10 - 42 )
DHEA 2.94 ng/ml (1.4 - 12-5 )
DHEA Sulfate 278 ug/dl
Cortisol 6.5 ug/dl

Tfan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 07:29:41 pm »
I've got some more ideas here:

http://peaktestosterone.com/Growth_Hormone

and here:

http://peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Growth_Hormone

You do want to make sure, imo, that you don't overly increase IGF-1 though.  Just do a little reading on IGF-1 and anti-aging research and you'll see what I mean.

I was under the impression that the reason doctors (well real doctors ) don't prescribe HGH for Longevity is because it actually decreases your life span and may speed up cancer growth due to elevated IGF-1 levels.

I have a few friends doing  "HGH therapy". Some are female. It doesn't seem to do much to make them look younger.  And their hands.......my God those hands.

what about those hands???
Age 48
Tribullus

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 07:29:41 pm »

davcir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 11:50:34 am »
Does anybody have insight on whether higher T = Higher HGH = Higher IGF-1. I know that HGH increased T by stimulating the testicles but i cant find definative information for the reverse.
17 Oct

FSH 4.5 mUI/ml
Testosterone 3.8 ng/ml
Insulin 6.5 μUI/ml

TSH 1.582 μUI/ml
T4 Free .98 ng/dl
T3 Free  3.3 pg/ml

BMI 26 / 80 Kilos
Age 38

20 November