Quantcast

Author Topic: Aas (Steroids) to Increase Testosterone?  (Read 12236 times)

Blade78

• View Profile
Aas (Steroids) to Increase Testosterone?
« on: October 04, 2012, 01:57:51 pm »
aas,
what thoughts do you have on using ass to increase testosterone?
I have a friend who had a test. level of 250 ng/mol and he got on aas(not thru a MD) and his test level os 750ng/mol
he is now losing fat and making his body/habbits to have a higher test level..

thats what Im working on, losing fat, eating better, taking herbs and other peak approved stuff
I still only have a 590ng/dl(max 1100) test. level
117/155 free test

I think if I got on aas and lost more weight(went anouther 4-6 months) on aas, I'd get my body better built to them come off and have a good. peak-approved test level

thoughts?
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Aas (Steroids) to Increase Testosterone?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 04:06:50 pm »
Well, you can guess that I'm not big on steroids for many reasons.  Here are just a few:

1) Most men do not know how to monitor steroid usage and rely on very sloppy "bro science".
2) If money gets tight, most men will skip proper monitoring
3) Messing with hormones requires expertise imo and the great majority of guys do not have this (side effects, long term effects, performance, etc.)
4) Many of the steroids are debatably healthy.
5) It will affect fertility and you're a young guy.
6) It is a lot of time and effort.  Is that really worth a 20% in T?
7) It is too tempting for most guys to go supraphysiological.  This is very debatably healthy long term.

If you really want to go that route?  Why not go to a sport science doctor or an anti-aging doctor?

And, finally, I put on a significant of muscle in my early 50's with testosterone in the 300's and 400's.  There is no reason that you cannot put on gobs of muscle that will cause countless females to swoon and gasp as you walk by.  So you can guess my next question:  what's the point?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 04:06:50 pm »

avacado

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 05:27:52 pm »
i'd agree with peak, it's a short term solution and one that opens up a potential of consequences.  590 is not a horrendous number are you sure you've exerted all lifestyle factors and possibly supplements/nutreceuticals.  If your junk and pituarity are working normally then maybe you have more to exploit from these pathways.  If you start adding exogenous hormones you'll gradually shut down your own production and could end up with an even worse baseline permenantly.  Believe me its crossed my mind "i wonder what life and lifting would feel like doing cycles of prohormones or anabolics", I mean it sucks busting your ass in the gym and seeing the guys waltz in juiced to the gills benching 315lb like its your warm up.  However there will be a price to pay for that and my goal is health and longevity.

here is an interesting article http://robbwolf.com/2011/11/02/paleo-and-testosterone/

For example I feel i've worked on many pathways for increased test but I am honest with myself in that i've still not absolutely controlled sources of stress, could in theory try and sleep 9 hours, could eat more vegetables and this is something I work on.

i've also taken some of the advice from this article regarding adrenal fatigue, cortisol and digestion, which i intend to follow as I feel this is an area i've not fully addressed in my goal for maximising test production.

http://robbwolf.com/2011/01/24/my-training-at-39/

I guess while waiting for the medical communities help it pays to have little lifestyle projects to work on to keep focused.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:29:37 pm by avacado »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 08:21:29 pm »
Avocado:

You made a couple of great points.  First of all, I have had several young men write in who have lost their testosterone from steroids.  Usually, you can jumpstart your body's own natural production post-cycle, but this is not a given.

And I'll say it again:  most women do not care about the "freaky big" look.  In fact, it's a huge turn off.  How many guys like the silicon-injected balloon breasts for crying out loud?
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 08:21:29 pm »

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 08:37:31 am »
Well, you can guess that I'm not big on steroids for many reasons.  Here are just a few:

1) Most men do not know how to monitor steroid usage and rely on very sloppy "bro science".
3) Messing with hormones requires expertise imo and the great majority of guys do not have this (side effects, long term effects, performance, etc.)
7) It is too tempting for most guys to go supraphysiological.  This is very debatably healthy long term.

If you really want to go that route?  Why not go to a sport science doctor or an anti-aging doctor?

And, finally, I put on a significant of muscle in my early 50's with testosterone in the 300's and 400's.  There is no reason that you cannot put on gobs of muscle that will cause countless females to swoon and gasp as you walk by.  So you can guess my next question:  what's the point?
whats the point? 
point is it's easy, stick in a needle BOOM test levels of 1000-2000
I do a lot of crap to get higher testosterone levels:
I'm  25lbs overweight(195lbs~22%fat) which I can get down to 10-15% in  3-4 months (lose 20lbs) to get to 12% bodyfat.(175lbs)
diet
~1300calories
200-250grams protien
2lbs broccoli
2 cups brocoli
1 cup coffee
apples/
Pomegranate juice
3grams omega3
1 tblsn cacao powder

fewer exercise:
3 sets, 8 reps of:
chest
biceps
triceps
shoulders
squat
back

cardio 20-60mins day of walking

no more supplements: such as
supps
 Tart Cherry Juice
Alpha lipoic acid(spring valley) ,
Ashwagandha,(NOW
Baby aspirin
Bioresponse DIM-300mg
Bromocriptine(from Paradol)
Calcium/magnessium pill(nature made)
Citrulline,(pure bulk)
Garlic (nature made)
Cq10- 100mg Source naturals
Grape seed complex(spring valley)
Horny goat weed(source naturals)
Korean ginseng(solgar)
MACA(NOW)
Nativas cacao chocolate
Niacin 500mg(NOW)
Carlsons ( for my w-3s)
Pycnogenol(source naturals)
Tribulus(NOW)

The misconception you have about me wanting to use steroids which was shown as you compared what you thought I want to look like to a silicon boob job.
 I dont want to be huge, in the 3-4 months of a severe/moderate caloric deficit, I want have high testosterone as I diet.   
but I know a big diet will be hard on my test levels, and even though I've taken time off of dieting and ate more to get my hormones  working again, I know a diet will drop my testosterone levels and I dont want that to happen, not when  read this site about:
 venous leakage(causing hardening of the elastic tissue of the penis),http://peaktestosterone.com/Lose_Erection

wheat belly(which makes me avoid 96%of the  bread i used to enjoy from sit down restaurants offering free bread)

how low testosterone will kill my sex life, and sex is good for you, http://peaktestosterone.com/Sex

how I need to lower inflammation and low Testosterone causes inflammation http://peaktestosterone.com/Inflammation

so I think 3 months of aas will be ok and then I'll be at a bodyfat level that wont have so much Aromatase http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatase    that I am turning my testosterone into estrogen.

oh shoot
thats an issue isnt it?

I need to lose the bodyfat because any extra testosterone I take, whether  endogenous or exogenous, could be  turned into estrogen, so by being fat, I have less tesosterone..so I better just lose the fat and then see whats going on
I dont want to mess with no anti aromatase to avoid man-boobs.... crap
ok,, no exogenous testosterone till I get to 10% bodyfat, then I'll see how things are, but will likely not want to mess with it

“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

werd200

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 11:20:12 am »

whats the point? 
point is it's easy, stick in a needle BOOM test levels of 1000-2000
I do a lot of crap to get higher testosterone levels:
I'm  25lbs overweight(195lbs~22%fat) which I can get down to 10-15% in  3-4 months (lose 20lbs) to get to 12% bodyfat.(175lbs)
diet
~1300calories
200-250grams protien
2lbs broccoli
2 cups brocoli
1 cup coffee
apples/
Pomegranate juice
3grams omega3
1 tblsn cacao powder

fewer exercise:
3 sets, 8 reps of:
chest
biceps
triceps
shoulders
squat
back

cardio 20-60mins day of walking

no more supplements: such as
supps
 Tart Cherry Juice
Alpha lipoic acid(spring valley) ,
Ashwagandha,(NOW
Baby aspirin
Bioresponse DIM-300mg
Bromocriptine(from Paradol)
Calcium/magnessium pill(nature made)
Citrulline,(pure bulk)
Garlic (nature made)
Cq10- 100mg Source naturals
Grape seed complex(spring valley)
Horny goat weed(source naturals)
Korean ginseng(solgar)
MACA(NOW)
Nativas cacao chocolate
Niacin 500mg(NOW)
Carlsons ( for my w-3s)
Pycnogenol(source naturals)
Tribulus(NOW)

The misconception you have about me wanting to use steroids which was shown as you compared what you thought I want to look like to a silicon boob job.
 I dont want to be huge, in the 3-4 months of a severe/moderate caloric deficit, I want have high testosterone as I diet.   
but I know a big diet will be hard on my test levels, and even though I've taken time off of dieting and ate more to get my hormones  working again, I know a diet will drop my testosterone levels and I dont want that to happen, not when  read this site about:
 venous leakage(causing hardening of the elastic tissue of the penis),http://peaktestosterone.com/Lose_Erection

wheat belly(which makes me avoid 96%of the  bread i used to enjoy from sit down restaurants offering free bread)

how low testosterone will kill my sex life, and sex is good for you, http://peaktestosterone.com/Sex

how I need to lower inflammation and low Testosterone causes inflammation http://peaktestosterone.com/Inflammation

so I think 3 months of aas will be ok and then I'll be at a bodyfat level that wont have so much Aromatase http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aromatase    that I am turning my testosterone into estrogen.

oh shoot
thats an issue isnt it?

I need to lose the bodyfat because any extra testosterone I take, whether  endogenous or exogenous, could be  turned into estrogen, so by being fat, I have less tesosterone..so I better just lose the fat and then see whats going on
ok,, no exogenous testosterone till I get to 10% bodyfat, then I'll see how things are, but will likely not want to mess with it
Dude cut down to 7% body-fat, and your testosterone will easily end up in a respectable 650+ range, you don't need more than that to build muscle and feel good and confident, You won't notice a big difference between yourself and someone who has a testosterone of 800. When you get to a 650 baseline all you need to do is maintain it and keep your weight down. Don't fuck around with steroids, they might cause you permanent testicular dysfunction. Alot of MMA fighters burned out their testicles by taking steroids over extended periods of time, now they're on HRT, at ages of 30-35. You don't need to diet, if you're already on a big enough calorie deficit, you just need to find a way to boost your metabolism. Try high intensive short cardio workouts, research other venues, don't turn to steroids.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 11:28:44 am by werd200 »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 02:33:54 pm »
Watchn:

I will tell you exactly why:

Boosting testosterone from 300 to 600-800 is (generally) fantastic, increasing libido, erections and general manliness and has as good a reputation as we could expect from the research.

Boosting testosterone to 1000+ is estrogenic and a constant battle to maintain one's libido, erections and general manliness.  Yes, you put on muscle short term.  But long term you end up with a host of health issues, including potentially the complete loss of your testosterone.

Listen:  you are almost there.  You've lost 70 pounds; you've put on muscle; you're getting your life back.  Don't blow it right now when you're about to reach achieve victory.

werd200

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2012, 06:59:35 pm »
Watchn:

I will tell you exactly why:

Boosting testosterone from 300 to 600-800 is (generally) fantastic, increasing libido, erections and general manliness and has as good a reputation as we could expect from the research.

Boosting testosterone to 1000+ is estrogenic and a constant battle to maintain one's libido, erections and general manliness.  Yes, you put on muscle short term.  But long term you end up with a host of health issues, including potentially the complete loss of your testosterone.

Listen:  you are almost there.  You've lost 70 pounds; you've put on muscle; you're getting your life back.  Don't blow it right now when you're about to reach achieve victory.

Yeah, i'm fully with you on this one, he's so close to passing the 600 line, and he'll probably end up in the 650+ range if he loses another 30 pounds, which is well within the optimal range for someone who is 25-30 in this day and age. I can't understand why he'd want to use drugs for these last 25-30 pounds.  How old are you between watchNtv?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:43:11 pm by werd200 »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 07:26:59 pm »
Watchn:

Not trying to be critical.  Some of the pros have used them pretty successfully from what we can tell.  But remember they are heavily monitored with labs/trainers/docs, etc.

Again, though, I see little upside and lots of potential downsides...

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 09:15:25 am »

Yeah, i'm fully with you on this one, he's so close to passing the 600 line, and he'll probably end up in the 650+ range if he loses another 30 pounds, which is well within the optimal range for someone who is 25-30 in this day and age. I can't understand why he'd want to use drugs for these last 25-30 pounds.  How old are you between watchNtv?
Im 33, 34 Tuesday

Watchn:

Not trying to be critical.  Some of the pros have used them pretty successfully from what we can tell.  But remember they are heavily monitored with labs/trainers/docs, etc.

Again, though, I see little upside and lots of potential downsides...
critical?  I didnt see that
I appreciate the comments, but I decided against AAS when i wrote

oh shoot
thats an issue isnt it?

I know you can get great results with AAS, even when someone is really  fat, but they do AI therapy, which I wont do.

This weekened I saw my brother, hes about my height and I've helped him(given advice) about how to get lean and lose weight..He's also lost a lot of weight, the problem he faces, is he doesnt listen to me.

Ive told him to eat high protein and lift weights as he lost weight, so he wont lose much/any muscle.
-He seems to have chosen not to do that, so although he and I are close in height/weight, he looks fatter because he has a higher bodyfat percentage. 
It upsets me to see this in him,  even more it upsets me when he complains to me how he looks and what do I say?"
told ya so? all he does is give excuses or talks about the girl he's in love with, but is too chicken shit to make a move on.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 02:40:20 pm »
Yes, it's very tough to see what your relatives and friends do to themselves.  You have to take a step back, though, and remember that you were doing the same thing X years ago.  With friends and relatives you can really only lead by example generally.  They do notice though things like muscle, energy, looking younger, etc.  But will they do anything?  That's another story...

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 04:17:39 am »
Yes, it's very tough to see what your relatives and friends do to themselves.  You have to take a step back, though, and remember that you were doing the same thing X years ago.  With friends and relatives you can really only lead by example generally.  They do notice though things like muscle, energy, looking younger, etc.  But will they do anything?  That's another story...

no, I was not them years ago. I never had an example of someone who knew what to do to ingore and not listen to. 
thats what they are doing to me

I have to care about myself and teach myself not to stress over them being "stupid"..   but I think this is what happens to most fat people in the usa. they know eating fast food is bad and smoking  is going to ruin their health, BUT they think they will lose weight/stop smoking before anything bad happens to them and they will suffer no long term effects from being fat/smoking, so its ok

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 05:38:02 am »
I have to care about myself and teach myself not to stress over them being "stupid"..   but I think this is what happens to most fat people in the usa. they know eating fast food is bad and smoking  is going to ruin their health, BUT they think they will lose weight/stop smoking before anything bad happens to them and they will suffer no long term effects from being fat/smoking, so its ok

To me they seem more like addicts.  It's pretty well proven that fat and sugar are essentially legal mini-crack.  It affects the brain the same way.

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 08:27:49 am »

To me they seem more like addicts.  It's pretty well proven that fat and sugar are essentially legal mini-crack.  It affects the brain the same way.
Peak, I could kiss you
you have nailed exactly what I've said on your board and elsewhere in life.

Fat people are drug addicts

why else would someone care to walk around carrying 2-4+ cinder blocks with them?
addiction is what something is that takes away your choice...
food is an addiction and my main reason for not eating a lot of refined carbs. (IE a peak diet)

the processed carbs stimulate the reward pathway that drugs use(ie, more dopamine in the brain, etc)
as the pringles tagline explains,"Once you pop, you can't stop!"

yes, I have just said what you said...why dont people get this?  eating is fun is why and there isnt any clear repercussions to eating poorly

short term repercussions that would elicit training, like you train an animal

I dont really know why people are self destructive.,..unless they dont know
OR
what i suggested, that they know the cons of smoking and overeating but they think they can stop the bad habits before anything serious can occur(cancer/heart attack) and then when the bad repercussion happens or is imminent, a person will try to change or say "fuck it" and keep doing the bad habit

addict

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 02:33:59 pm »
Let's turn down the enthusiasm a little there, buddy.

Yeah, there's a lot to this.  Example:  a lot of people get into toxic relationships, relationships with an unhealthy person, etc. Bam!  There goes their dopamine because there is no sex, no romance, no laughter.  A lot of people don't exercise, so this affects the brain very negatively and they don't get those nice dopamine boosts from exercise and activity.  A lot of people eat trash and that hammers the brain and dopamine because basic nutrients are missing.  A lot of people have probably damaged the dopamine-producing cells in the substantia nigra.

You get the idea: many things in a Western lifestyle accelerate what you wrote about in the above.  Low dopamine, high stress, low hormones. Then throw in poor relationships, low social connections, poor stress management.

Look - if you put it all together it's a wonder everyone isn't wired up to their hookah pipe 24/7.  In my opinion, you have got to start with the fundamentals:  exercise, quality relationships, stress management, hormones, good nutrition.  Then you lose a lot of those nasty cravings.  I've seen it in my own life:  I can now look at a cheese cake or a truffle and have absolutely zero temptation.

That's my two cents...

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 02:33:59 pm »