Quantcast

Author Topic: How I Got Off of the PDE5 Inhibitors  (Read 25333 times)

TimeZones

• View Profile
Re: How I Got Off of the PDE5 Inhibitors
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 02:39:02 am »
I've been tweaking my diet lately, too. A thing that helps me are having 1 can of wild caught salmon per day (from a BPA free can) and some other fats (coconut).

My diet is still heavily plant-based, but doing the above has helped out. I still think that a lot of fats are bad news, but I've been upping my fat intake to 20-30 grams per day without any serious ED problems.

Tfan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2015, 12:59:37 pm »
I've been tweaking my diet lately, too. A thing that helps me are having 1 can of wild caught salmon per day (from a BPA free can) and some other fats (coconut).

My diet is still heavily plant-based, but doing the above has helped out. I still think that a lot of fats are bad news, but I've been upping my fat intake to 20-30 grams per day without any serious ED problems.

can you tell us how old you are and if your averge line bp?
Age 48
Tribullus

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2015, 12:59:37 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2015, 02:59:40 pm »

Hope all is going well for you!

20-30 total per day?  yeah, you wouldn't want to go below that.  You've got to make sure your bile drops, fat soluble vitamins and omega-3's are absorbed, etc.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 03:06:19 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

rainydays

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 08:23:37 am »
That is incredibly low, to me anyway.

Basic bodily functions and hormones rely on healthy fat intake. Fat that low will annihilate natural testosterone production.

For comparison a 5ft female, on a competition fitness/modelling diet, will take in 35-40g.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 08:23:37 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2015, 05:16:48 pm »
That is incredibly low, to me anyway.

Basic bodily functions and hormones rely on healthy fat intake. Fat that low will annihilate natural testosterone production.

For comparison a 5ft female, on a competition fitness/modelling diet, will take in 35-40g.

First of all, let's say a man is on 2,500 calories per day and wants to go 10-15% fat.  Now some low fat folks are 15-20% (such as the Prikitin Edge advocates).  But let's say you're on the lower side and 10-15% fat.  In that case that guy would consume between 250-375 calories of fat per day which is 28-41 grams of fat if you do the math.

So the poster is actually spot on unless his caloric requirements are greater due to being young or an endurance athlete, etc.

Now let's go back to your assertion that low fat lowers testosterone dramatically.  The only study that I know of that looked at it found the following:

1.  Testosterone remained unchanged.

2.  Estradiol halved.

3.  The T/E2 ratio doubled.

You can see the study here:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Estrogen_Ratio

Furthermore, many of the healthiest cultures in the world consume fat levels in the 10-25% range and it is very hard to believe imo that they are low testosterone. 

So, as I always say, measure yourself before and after.  We're all different and so low fat may lower T in some guys - I certainly can't say for sure (especially if is poorly done).  But I see little evidence what you are saying here and, in fact, you may do a nice job of boosting your T/E2 ratio to a more health level.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

rainydays

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2015, 07:15:01 am »
I thought you may link that one, as I have read it in the past  ;) Good read.

But as the diet and link suggests, as the fat content is dramatically lowered, complex carbohydrates are dramatically increased for that sustainability, which balances the macro-nutrient scale. And is, of course, completely acceptable.

I took Timezones' post to read, an entirely plant-based diet with no carbs and barely any fat. A recipe for disaster IMO, unless exogenous testosterone is being supplemented.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2015, 05:46:33 pm »
I thought you may link that one, as I have read it in the past  ;) Good read.

But as the diet and link suggests, as the fat content is dramatically lowered, complex carbohydrates are dramatically increased for that sustainability, which balances the macro-nutrient scale. And is, of course, completely acceptable.

I took Timezones' post to read, an entirely plant-based diet with no carbs and barely any fat. A recipe for disaster IMO, unless exogenous testosterone is being supplemented.

This  is one of those very understudied areas.  There are concerns with low fat diets - I have a page covering them - and some of the issues have not really been looked at extensively.  Some day maybe ...

FredrickJ

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2015, 03:01:27 am »
TimeZone
Congrats man I've  been in your shoes man. One thing to add cayenne pepper (1 TBSP> per day)  This does magic for me. I just posted a similar story to yours this morning under Fredrick J.. Keep rockin' man!!

TimeZones

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2015, 03:17:31 am »
TimeZone
Congrats man I've  been in your shoes man. One thing to add cayenne pepper (1 TBSP> per day)  This does magic for me. I just posted a similar story to yours this morning under Fredrick J.. Keep rockin' man!!

Thanks for the good words.

Cayenne seems like good stuff. I just took my third pill of cayenne pepper today with dinner; I suppose this dosing regiment would equate to about a 1/2 tablespoon per day. Cayenne really cuts down on stomach bloating, too. I want to experiment more with cayenne.

Hope all is going well for you!

20-30 total per day?  yeah, you wouldn't want to go below that.  You've got to make sure your bile drops, fat soluble vitamins and omega-3's are absorbed, etc.

Thank you for the good words too, PeakT. Things have been going well. I didn't end up getting into the program I thought I would, by the way. But, I may have gotten in somewhere better due to some things I'll send via pm/email when I know definitively.

I hope that things have been going well for you, too.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2015, 05:18:29 am »

Thank you for the good words too, PeakT. Things have been going well. I didn't end up getting into the program I thought I would, by the way. But, I may have gotten in somewhere better due to some things I'll send via pm/email when I know definitively.

I hope that things have been going well for you, too.

Gotcha.  Well, sorry to hear about that, but I know things will work out for you.  Yes, please keep me informed...

TimeZones

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2015, 01:11:26 am »
So, about powerful anti-oxidants aggravating ED; nitric oxide is a free radical, and as a free radical, is an oxidant. That means nitric oxide's free electron can be donated to anti-oxidants, thereby preventing NO from activating its effectors to cause smooth muscle relaxation.

"Based on the results, we have suggested that the primary chemical process of the antioxidant reaction with NO can be characterised with the electron transfer from NO to the antioxidant" (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0308814611007254).

Mechanism of NO's modulation of smooth muscle:
NO acts through the stimulation of the soluble guanylate cyclase, which is a heterodimeric enzyme with subsequent formation of cyclic-GMP. Cyclic-GMP activates protein kinase G, which causes reuptake of Ca2+ and the opening of calcium-activated potassium channels. The fall in concentration of Ca2+ ensures that the myosin light-chain kinase (MLCK) can no longer phosphorylate the myosin molecule, thereby stopping the crossbridge cycle and leading to relaxation of the smooth muscle cell (Wikipedia).

This post is a review of nitric oxide vs anti-oxidants that is a work in progress; I'll be editing this post as I develop more info.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:31:59 pm by TimeZones »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2015, 04:37:18 am »
So, about powerful anti-oxidants aggravating ED; nitric oxide is a free radical, and as a free radical, is an oxidant. That means nitric oxide's free electron can be donated to anti-oxidants, thereby preventing NO from activating its effectors to cause smooth muscle relaxation.

"Based on the results, we have suggested that the primary chemical process of the antioxidant reaction with NO can be characterised with the electron transfer from NO to the antioxidant" (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0308814611007254).

This post is a review of nitric oxide vs anti-oxidants that is a work in progress; I'll be editing this post as I develop more info.

So am I reading that right?  First of all, soy boost nitric oxide a little.  And then the genistein scavenges after itself more powerfully than glutathione?  Isn't that ideal?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2015, 04:37:18 am »