Quantcast

Author Topic: Crashed Estradiol with 1 mg / day of Arimidex  (Read 16731 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Crashed Estradiol with 1 mg / day of Arimidex
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 04:22:25 pm »
My unscientific wild-ass guess based on personal experience is that estradiol levels correlate to sensitivity down there.  High E = premature ejaculation, low E = very difficult to ejaculate.  Balanced E = just right. Or maybe it's just me.

fyi:  They just came out with a study that premature ejaculators had high free testosterone.  Of course, this would mean they also probably had higher estradiol as well.  I have wanted to look up the study but haven't had the chance...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 04:26:56 pm »
I was planning to stay completely off of it for several days to force a semi-rebound and get my levels back up a little, then go to a low dosage and maybe taper off from there.  Any recommendations on how many days to take off or what my new dosage should be while tapering?

I'd probably take 3 or 4 days off completely, then .5 mg the day after the next two injections, then .25 mg the day after the next 4 injections, then none at all.

It's a very tricky/powerful medication.  Don't be alarmed if you experience side effects throughout the process.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 04:26:56 pm »

SomeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 06:07:49 pm »
I'd probably take 3 or 4 days off completely, then .5 mg the day after the next two injections, then .25 mg the day after the next 4 injections, then none at all.
It's a very tricky/powerful medication.  Don't be alarmed if you experience side effects throughout the process.

Sounds like a plan. Thanks.  I'm curious - why take it the day after injections and not the day of?  Does timing of the arimidex in relation to test injections make a difference?  I'm on e3d injections.

fyi:  They just came out with a study that premature ejaculators had high free testosterone.  Of course, this would mean they also probably had higher estradiol as well.  I have wanted to look up the study but haven't had the chance...

Interesting.  I suspect the actual cause may be estradiol. Previously I was on a lower dose of testosterone but had high estradiol and developed a pretty bad premature ejaculation problem.  I'm now maintaining around 1000 total test but have very low estradiol and now it's very difficult and takes a lot of work to ejaculate.
Current protocol -- 66mg Test Cyp 3x per week, 0.1mg Arimidex 3x per week, 125 IU HCG every day.

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 10:09:51 pm »
Arimidex has a relatively short half life, so you want it to be near its peak at the right time. 

When you inject testosterone, your levels don't instantly go up.  They usually reach their peak 36-48 hours after injection, so you want to prevent aromatization when your T levels hit their peak.

There's nothing wrong with taking it the same day as your injection, it's just that most people seem to have better luck taking it the day after.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 03:17:19 pm by Hydranted »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2014, 10:09:51 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 05:06:17 pm »
My clinic believed that their IM cypionate peaked 3 days after.  I've seen other data that says T goes high on day 1 and stays high for about 3 days after.  See this for example:

http://peaktestosterone.com/When_Testosterone_Cypionate_Peak
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 05:07:54 pm by PeakT »
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

SomeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 05:18:05 pm »
I just got my "trough" labs back if anyone's interested.  Both of these labs are while on 1mg/day arimidex for approximately 30 days.

Peak levels (24 hours after e3d test cyp injection)
TT: 1077
E2, sensitive: <3

Trough levels (3 days after e3d injecton, blood taken just before administering next injection)
TT: 784
E2, sensitive:  <3

I stayed off of arimidex for 3 days. I was feeling pretty good by day 3.  I took .25mg arimidex yesterday.  My plan is to go .25 every 3 days and then adjust based on symptoms. I feel pretty bad today.  I have a bad headache and my face is a bit red, warm, and flushed.  Not sure if it's coincidence or if it's form my E2 bouncing around.
Current protocol -- 66mg Test Cyp 3x per week, 0.1mg Arimidex 3x per week, 125 IU HCG every day.

Dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 05:37:09 pm »
The headache is low E2, stop taking arimidex.... the symptoms you feel are not your E2 bouncing back, its because it is still under 10... I have those same symptoms when my E2 is too low, and I always assume that my E2 must be getting high.... lay off the arimidex for 5-7 days. 

SomeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 06:08:15 pm »
The headache is low E2, stop taking arimidex.... the symptoms you feel are not your E2 bouncing back, its because it is still under 10... I have those same symptoms when my E2 is too low, and I always assume that my E2 must be getting high.... lay off the arimidex for 5-7 days.

Did you have facial flushing and headache both when your E2 was low?  I never had either of these before when mine was basically 0.

Dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2014, 06:36:56 pm »
Yup, and it took me a while to develop those... .well I had a headache, not sure about face flushing.

davie12

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 11:49:00 pm »
My unscientific wild-ass guess based on personal experience is that estradiol levels correlate to sensitivity down there.  High E = premature ejaculation, low E = very difficult to ejaculate.  Balanced E = just right. Or maybe it's just me.

Yeah, this is right on the money. Low sensitivity can be caused by low testosterone. But it can also be caused by elevated estradiol when testosterone is at a good level. You need everything just at the right levels.
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

Dallas

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 01:34:35 am »
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/science/middle-aged-men-can-blame-estrogen-too.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

read this says men with low E2 levels have hot flashes.  Also just because you havent had any real symptoms of low E2 yet, doesnt mean you wont.  It took my body a few weeks with low E2 to really start feeling it.

SomeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 05:14:05 pm »
I thought I should update this for anyone still following it and interested.  About a month after getting my lab result of " < 3 " (undetectable) for Sensitive Estradiol and discontinuing my Arimidex I just got new labs back.  My Sensitive E2 result is now 22 and I'm feeling great again.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 05:25:57 pm »
I thought I should update this for anyone still following it and interested.  About a month after getting my lab result of " < 3 " (undetectable) for Sensitive Estradiol and discontinuing my Arimidex I just got new labs back.  My Sensitive E2 result is now 22 and I'm feeling great again.

It's a wonder what a little E2 will do...

And I"m going to keep this thread in mind next time someone wants to "megadose" Arimidex.  Thx.

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 05:42:29 pm »
I fell in to the trap of "required Anastrozole, 1mg per week!" and was rather miserable, this was based on standard (not sensitive) testing. I was at 34 on that test and contemplating MORE anastrozole, the Dr wanted more but .25mg EOD and I was feeling lifeless, in many ways.

I quit cold turkey the day I got myself a sensitive test that showed me at 19. I thought I'd be lower. I restarted Anastrozole 9 days later and now I only take .25mg 24hrs post injection.
I have a test coming in about 3 weeks

I can't say that having my E2 increase has done anything for me, I know I'm not emotionless and lifeless though, starting to have some upper body acne, too.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 06:59:02 pm »
I fell in to the trap of "required Anastrozole, 1mg per week!" and was rather miserable, this was based on standard (not sensitive) testing. I was at 34 on that test and contemplating MORE anastrozole, the Dr wanted more but .25mg EOD and I was feeling lifeless, in many ways.

I quit cold turkey the day I got myself a sensitive test that showed me at 19. I thought I'd be lower. I restarted Anastrozole 9 days later and now I only take .25mg 24hrs post injection.
I have a test coming in about 3 weeks

I can't say that having my E2 increase has done anything for me, I know I'm not emotionless and lifeless though, starting to have some upper body acne, too.

Let us know...

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 06:59:02 pm »