Quantcast

Author Topic: Possible nerve damage, depression, low T  (Read 6610 times)

spiderman

• View Profile
Possible nerve damage, depression, low T
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:37:39 pm »
A few years ago I had a very small operation on the the upper scrotum area near the base of my man. I have no idea what happened but it seems that perhaps there was some nerve or tissue damage after it. From that day I started to loose my drive which had always been very strong and started to panic a bit and wonder what was happening to me.(My thoughts at the time would not have none of this helped my situation of course.
My morning wood seemed to come and go and although I was able to get erections my desire dropped also. This eventually resulted in me becoming depressed (although I didnt know it) which of course made things worse and having not experienced any problems before put me on a downward spiral to a place no man should go...hell itself!
I eventually had to tell someone what was happening before I did something stupid and only then did I fully understand what was going on with me.

I have recovered having had a lot of support from those close to me.I was at the doctors during my recovery and they had said my testosterone level was on the low side ( no wonder with the depression and all that was happening!) but then called me back in for another test to say it was actually ok..(although I dont know the figures I feel this must have put me on the lower level of ok!).

Just so everyone on this site knows your mind can play seriously terrible games with you which of course can effect libido etc when you are down so it is extremely important to try to keep as happy and as positive as you can and not to carry negative things around with you (not easy I know). I am in a much better place now but realise what your mind (and other people) can do to you. My sex life is back on track and my girlfriend is very happy with me which is great for boost in itself..am I 100%?..who knows. For better or worse I think what happened changed me as a person anyway.

At the moment I am taking advice from this excellent site and just trying to stay as happy as I can to ensure I  boost my testosterone/mental/ physical wellbeing as much as possible.
Herbs definetely help recovery and I found that L arginine and Korean ginseng are excellent.
I am healthy 44 year old into fitness training and not overweight.I think what happened to me was extemely unusual and unique (not in a good way!).

Would be grateful for all comments feedback

Thanks

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Possible nerve damage, depression, low T
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 08:12:27 pm »
One clarifying question for everyone: 

In retrospect, do you think there was some nerve damage and also some psychological issues at the same time?  Or was it mostly one or the other?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 08:12:27 pm »

spiderman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 10:37:58 pm »
No psychological issues at the time peak T as I was mr happy horny dude.....but knew something had happened fairly quickly afterwards. No warning from doc..no take it easy on the sex front for a while..nothing. I should have asked more questions at the time pre op but was simple procedure seemingly!...
The psychological part started when I thought that was it for me...it was then of course I started feeling down and not knowing anything about depression and anxiety and what it was actually doing to my body at the time ( T levels etc ) then just getting steadily worse further down the line ....It was like a no escape situation..just glad I avoided the feel better with alcohol fix or I would have been even worse!
I did keep beating myself up over and over and over...not good for the head or anything else!..Taken me this long to get back up the hill...still have sensitivity issues with my man but at least on the recovery..Going to get my T level checked again soon

Any recommendations anyone?..herbs for nerves and sensitivity?..best combinations?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 01:12:08 pm »
One quick comment:  for most men sex is their only major source of dopamine.  If you even threaten to take that away, it can cause intense anxiety and stress.  Trust me - I get emails all the time!

I would add that it's very important to make sure that that was not the only issue going on.  Talk to a variety of good docs and read through my site and make sure there are not other root causes in there.  It's very common to have more than one issue occur near the same time...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 01:12:08 pm »

spiderman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 02:21:51 pm »
Your site is excellent and I agree totally..thinking back..there were several issues at the time I was unhappy about involving the realtionship and was ignoring so the timing of those issues would not have helped

also

My T level was prob quite low anyway as sometimes I did not get quality sleep (limited by work sometimes)
Diet was not the best
Reasonably high sugar intake would not have helped my case either...but that aside
The intense anxiety and stress came from the fact that I thought there was irreverisble damage done to me ..which believe me is the ONLY thing on your mind 24/7 from first waking to trying to sleep at night..which back then was difficult at best!...and when you are that stressed and anxious you honestly do not want to feel the massive surge of negativity energy that coarses though your veins on a daily basis..Would not wish that on anyone ..

As I said before if your mind is in a bad place ..nothing will ever get better. The feeling of being trapped there was even worse...Definetely not a good combination for my T levels at the time!..

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 02:21:51 pm »