Quantcast

Author Topic: Nightmare: Very High Prolactin Now Lowered; Headaches; Possible Pituitary Damage  (Read 65887 times)

donkeykong1234

• View Profile
So i told my story before on this board but here is a recap. I had high prolactin of 161 and finally got it to normal at around 10. As my prolactin was coming down through medication i was having massive headaches. AS it was coming down in the begining my libido and erections were back then they both crashed and were gone. I've been going to numerous doctors to try and find out what is wrong with me. The mri they did on my head said they didn't see any tumor. So i went to a fertility doctor the other day and my FSH was 16.8 and my Lh was 3.8. My testosterone was 4.1 which my endo thought was weird since he never saw a measurement like that before. He thinks they might have made a lab error or something. While talking with my endo yesterday he has a theory on what he thinks might be happening to me. Btw my nightly and morning erections are gone as our my daily. He says that the medication to lower my prolactin might have damaged my pituitary gland and caused something of bleeding inside of my brain which resulted in my bad headaches. He said this bleeding might be the reason why my libido among other things isn't coming back. It also could have affected my other hormones so he ordered more blood work for me to check out my testosterone again cortisol, igf1, t4 free serum and acth plasma.

I hope he is wrong and there is no damage to my pituitary. I will post my results as soon as i get them. In the meantime i have booked an appointment to The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. They say they have the best doctors there in the world so i hope they can figure out whats wrong with me. My question is what controls libido and erections. i do have test around the 370 range. Would a level like that make me lose my nightly erections and lower my sex drive?  I feel like every morning when i wake up i'm reliving a nightmare over and over again. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:30:57 am by PeakT »

donkeykong1234

• View Profile
Btw i forgot to mention my estridol was at 28.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:34:03 am by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
So i told my story before on this board but here is a recap. I had high prolactin of 161 and finally got it to normal at around 10. As my prolactin was coming down through medication i was having massive headaches. AS it was coming down in the begining my libido and erections were back then they both crashed and were gone. I've been going to numerous doctors to try and find out what is wrong with me. The mri they did on my head said they didn't see any tumor. So i went to a fertility doctor the other day and my FSH was 16.8 and my Lh was 3.8. My testosterone was 4.1 which my endo thought was weird since he never saw a measurement like that before. He thinks they might have made a lab error or something. While talking with my endo yesterday he has a theory on what he thinks might be happening to me. Btw my nightly and morning erections are gone as our my daily. He says that the medication to lower my prolactin might have damaged my pituitary gland and caused something of bleeding inside of my brain which resulted in my bad headaches. He said this bleeding might be the reason why my libido among other things isn't coming back. It also could have affected my other hormones so he ordered more blood work for me to check out my testosterone again cortisol, igf1, t4 free serum and acth plasma.

I hope he is wrong and there is no damage to my pituitary. I will post my results as soon as i get them. In the meantime i have booked an appointment to The Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. They say they have the best doctors there in the world so i hope they can figure out whats wrong with me. My question is what controls libido and erections. i do have test around the 370 range. Would a level like that make me lose my nightly erections and lower my sex drive?  I feel like every morning when i wake up i'm reliving a nightmare over and over again. Thanks.

Headaches are a symptom of unbalanced T and estradiol levels.  I've had them multiple times along these lines.  I'd get that testosterone level corrected before you draw any other conclusions. 
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:34:12 am by PeakT »
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression.aspx

donkeykong1234

• View Profile
I really hope your right but i have these daily headaches in the back of my head. But what is causing me to not have nighttime or morning erections. Also i get very bad sleep all the time now. What's

also weird is that about a week ago i was getting week morning erections and now they are just gone. What the hell is going on? Is it my low t?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:34:19 am by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone

Sorry to hear it.  Just remember that odds are nothing is wrong, so try to not panic.  When I had my high PSA, my stress went through the roof.  I tried as best as I could to control it, but it wasn't easy.  Meditation, PMR, etc. - do everything you can to guard yourself.

Yes, 370 can cause all the classic low testosterone symptoms.  I did horribly in the low 300's - just a bit below that. - when I hit my mid 40's.  I had virtually all the classic low testosterone symptoms.  Again, though, some guys do great in the 300's.

One thing you may want to check if you have not, especially if your pituitary may be struggling, is to get a full thyroid work up.  Thyroid hormones can cause very similar symptoms to low T and nothing much works until you get them fixed.

And, of course, hope he's dead wrong about that one.  May I ask what the medication was?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 09:34:26 am by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone

also weird is that about a week ago i was getting week morning erections and now they are just gone. What the hell is going on? Is it my low t?

Happens all the time on here.  You have to learn not to panic.  I know it's tough, but you'll lose morning erections from time to time.

My theory is that it's all about dopamine in men with decent NO.  But be sure to work on the NO side if you haven't.  Have you gotten the Berkeley Test Strips?

Scan through these articles:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Nitric_Oxide.aspx

Also, don't make any supplement, etc. changes without discussing with your doctor.  You have to super careful just in case obviously...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

donkeykong1234

• View Profile
Thanks for the respond. I am going to order the strips right now and follow the steps to increase my n.o. I really hope it works. Its really hard not to panic. I found a girl i want to spend the rest

of my life with and all this happened. Now i don't even know if we will have kids.  I was taking Cabergoline to lower my prolactin. Its a very powerful dopamine agonist. I hope your right and this is

something i can fix. I did an ultrasound of my thyroid the other day and am waiting for the results of that. A different endo i saw told me i Have Hashimottos disease. Like an autoimmune disease. So i

don't know if that could be causing all of this. Man i've seen so many docs so far trying to figure this out. I agree with you about the dopamine being a big issue. I'm thinking about trying Welbutrin

as i heard it's supposed to increase dopamine. What do you think?

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
I really hope your right but i have these daily headaches in the back of my head. But what is causing me to not have nighttime or morning erections. Also i get very bad sleep all the time now. What's

Those are all symptoms of low T and/or unbalanced or high estradiol.  Again, not certainly in your case, but being pragmatic there's a very good chance they're responsible.

Your testosterone measured was free testosterone at 4.1 pg/ml?
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression.aspx

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Thanks for the respond. I am going to order the strips right now and follow the steps to increase my n.o. I really hope it works. Its really hard not to panic. I found a girl i want to spend the rest

of my life with and all this happened. Now i don't even know if we will have kids.  I was taking Cabergoline to lower my prolactin. Its a very powerful dopamine agonist. I hope your right and this is

something i can fix. I did an ultrasound of my thyroid the other day and am waiting for the results of that. A different endo i saw told me i Have Hashimottos disease. Like an autoimmune disease. So i

don't know if that could be causing all of this. Man i've seen so many docs so far trying to figure this out. I agree with you about the dopamine being a big issue. I'm thinking about trying Welbutrin

as i heard it's supposed to increase dopamine. What do you think?

Wait.  You have Hashimoto's?  What are you doing about it?  You need to be all over that.

Also, check out this interesting LDN case and InstantK had Hashimoto's I am  pretty sure:

See #2: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_HRT.aspx

Please scan through this as well:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Testosterone_Thyroid.aspx

davie12

• View Profile
Donkey: Can you post the tetanus medication you were given? Was it chlorpromazine by any chance?
Recovering from adrenal fatigue through Paleo diet+exercise+vitamins/supplements; formerly used HCG & Clomid at various dosages

donkeykong1234

• View Profile
I don't the exact shot my doctor gave me but it was a tetnus shot he told me. It made my arm sore for days and gave me twitching in my feet that lasted for a while. All of my symptoms happened after

this. I just called my doctor and asked her about my thyroid ultrasound. She will call me back later with the results. But when she did my blood work she told me i have thyroid antibodies consistent

with Hashimottos. But she told me my thyroid level was normal. She then ordered the ultrasound. I read the link you posted and I hope the LDN can work. I will tell her about it over the phone when

she calls me today.  I told you I have a really weird situation going on here and i can't figure it out. Maybe i am infected by a parasite or something. How would i get that checked out?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
I don't the exact shot my doctor gave me but it was a tetnus shot he told me. It made my arm sore for days and gave me twitching in my feet that lasted for a while. All of my symptoms happened after

this. I just called my doctor and asked her about my thyroid ultrasound. She will call me back later with the results. But when she did my blood work she told me i have thyroid antibodies consistent

with Hashimottos. But she told me my thyroid level was normal. She then ordered the ultrasound. I read the link you posted and I hope the LDN can work. I will tell her about it over the phone when

she calls me today.  I told you I have a really weird situation going on here and i can't figure it out. Maybe i am infected by a parasite or something. How would i get that checked out?

Well, I wasn't trying to push you to try LDN.  I'm just passing along info for your own research and to show how we all need to keep working on inflammation:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/inflammation.aspx

donkeykong1234

• View Profile
Here were my exact results from my urologist. I don't know what the testosterone reading means. please

help if you can.

Prolactin 10.9

Testosterone level H 4.15

Fsh *16.8

LH *3.4

Estradio Serum *28

Why are there stars next to those?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Here were my exact results from my urologist. I don't know what the testosterone reading means. please

help if you can.

Prolactin 10.9

Testosterone level H 4.15

Fsh *16.8

LH *3.4

Estradio Serum *28

Why are there stars next to those?

Need the units on the testosterone.  Assuming it's the equivalent to 415 ng/dl, then that is low but many docs won't classify it as hypogonadal.

The prolactin a little higher than average but not much, depending on your age.  Check out the page on wiki:

See "typical prolactin values:"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolactin

helix26404

• View Profile
How long has it been total since you started noticing symptoms and now?

Peak Testosterone Forum