Quantcast

Author Topic: Oyster Extract and Erections  (Read 6686 times)

youngperson

• View Profile
Oyster Extract and Erections
« on: October 14, 2012, 12:12:08 am »
Interesting; I do eat a lot of fish (although not very much canned tuna). I most often eat shrimp and shellfish, when I dine out. I'll ask my doc about mercury poisoning -- I had never even considered that.

I will keep you posted on my new blood work numbers when they come back from the lab. The tests I've ordered are for: thyroid, prolactin, DHEA, testosterone (free & total), SHBG, as well as a chem panel with lipids and CRP.

On the subject of shellfish, here's another anomaly: one night recently I ate a large plate of raw oysters for dinner, and later experienced very firm nocturnal erections and very sexual dreams (practically to the point of nocturnal emission). This, when it's very rare for me to have a nocturnal erection at all, and never a firm one. I never put much stock in oysters' reputation as an aphrodisiac, but I am now convinced there is something to it. Unfortunately, the effect only lasted one night. Needless to say, I've now purchased a bottle of oyster extract capsules. I'd let you know if they seem to do much.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Oyster Extract, Zinc and Erections
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 05:56:26 am »
Actually, I'm not surprised.  I guess we'll call this The Casanova Effect, eh?  He swore by 'em...

Some people think it is the zinc and I actually cover this in my book.  ZMA is an alternative?

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Zinc_ZMA

Zinc has the potential (mostly in those who are zinc deficient) to both raise testosterone and lower estradiol.  It hasn't been consistent in the studies, though, and so some people doubt its superpowers.

It has can really help you sleep better and one guy on our board loves it because it helps him sleep like a baby. 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: Oyster Extract, Zinc and Erections
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 05:56:26 am »

feelgood

• View Profile
Re: Oyster Extract and Erections
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 01:40:45 pm »
only SIX oysters have 67mgs of zinc, so be careful if you also supplement!

but yeah, i felt like the first two nights i took ZMA i had more erections than normal (i usually have few at night, hardly even in the morning. Now it's kind of tapered off.

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: Oyster Extract and Erections
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 01:40:45 pm »