Quantcast

Author Topic: Digestion, Celiac and Testosterone  (Read 7541 times)

Digest

• View Profile
Digestion, Celiac and Testosterone
« on: December 30, 2011, 10:37:00 pm »
First off, let me say I LOVE your website. Thank you so much for
bringing all this information to the public.

I am a 20 with a T level of 328 ng/dl. I also am a recovering
celiac. Do you know of any connection between digestive issues like
celiac disease and low T? I really would like my T levels too be
higher. I feel like shit all the time; I look very very young for my
age; and I have barely any muscle mass despite countless hours spent
in the gym. I have only been off gluten for about 4 months, so I hope
that my T levels are related to this and that they will return to
normal in time. I am going to see a gastroenterologist to discuss this.

My doctor has started talking about TRT, but I am nervous about
fertility loss and having to do this for life. Is there any credence
to the idea that I could temporarily take supplemental T to rebuild my
receptors and then get off it? I just want to feel better and look my
age!

Thanks a million for all the information you have already provided me.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Digestion, Celiac and Testosterone
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 04:06:54 pm »
Hello.  Thx for writing.  Sorry to hear about the celiac condition, but I'm sure it's good to know the root cause.  I do not know of any studies showing a direct connection with celiac and low T.  However, there are a number of indirect associations that I would say could knock down your T somewhat:

1.  Almost any stressor will likely lower testosterone.
2.  Deficiencies in certain vitamins and minerals can lead to lower T.

For these reasons, I highly encourage you to get another reading after a few months. (Make sure you get it early in the morning.) This is a good idea anyway as it is quite common for considerable variability in testosterone readings from what I have seen.  It shouldn't be this way, but I quite often get guys writing in with weird T patterns.  My reading were always +/- 100 ng/dl, but then one time I had a reading about 4X all previous readings!  Who knows why?

I can't really advise you whether or not to go on HRT or not as that is a medical decision. You have to consider my site as a source of information to discuss with your doctor, but he/she is the expert.

But I do want to say that I don't think it will work to go on HRT in order to wait and recover your body's natural production.  The reason is that any testosterone supplemention will drop the body's internal production as far as I know.  Talk to good doc about that, but I have never read or heard of anyone's internal T output increasing - only the opposite.

Example:  you don't want too much supplemental T or it can actually shrink the testes.  You want enough supplemental T to get you a level your doctor and you feel comfortable at and no more.  This way your body still maintain some production but you get increased T levels.  (Reasonable HRT levels rarely lead to shrinking of the testes.)

Let us know what happens.

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

Re: Digestion, Celiac and Testosterone
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 04:06:54 pm »