Quantcast

Author Topic: T Question  (Read 8164 times)

JoeLow

• View Profile
T Question
« on: January 03, 2012, 02:51:31 pm »
I just read your book, low T's by the numbers..I started T theraphy with gel applications last week my count was 225 and I'm 55 years old.

How long does it take to see T level climb up?

Is it possiable I already feel better just after 1 week of using it?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:53:49 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: T Question
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:24:05 pm »
Your T levels are supposed to climb right away after a topical gel application:  the T should be absorbed right into the blood stream.  Two comments though:

1.  Some of the gels (Androgel/Testim) seem to be poorly absorbed and relatively low concentrations, so that many men cannot significantly raise their testosterone with them.  (Compounded testosterone can be much better.)
2.  Even if you boost your T significantly, it can take weeks or months to feel the difference.  There are many reasons for this, but the summary is that the testosterone is literally "healing" your tissue.  The internals of your penis are improved, receptors in the brain and muscles are rebuilt, blood cells, etc. - the list could go on and on.  But this takes time, so you must be patient to see results. 

Also, I try to always give this warning:  be very careful to make sure no family members come into contact with the topicals.  Keep the area covered with clothing and be diligent to wash it off later in the day per your doc's specifications.  (From what I've seen, that's usually about 4 hours later, but ask him/her.)

Finally, one last thing:  225 is very low.  That's actually hypogonadal.  Did you get this reading before or after you started the gel?

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:24:05 pm »

JoeLow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 11:36:05 pm »
Thanks for response. The 225 level was prior to treatment. I had a series of blood tests done over a one year period in which my T number went from 240 to 270 to 225. Thankfully, I read an article about it and realized I had eight out of the 10 symptoms listed. Ive been on the Testim gel for one week now. I dont know if its placebo effect or wishful thinking, but my mood and energy level has improved considerably, is this possible?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 01:04:15 pm »
So are all those reading in the 200's pre-Testim?  If so, then it's possible that in one week you can begin to feel the effect of the T.  It usually takes a bit longer, but not always.

I assume your doc is going to do another read in a few weeks or months to make sure the Testim is doing what he/she thinks its doing and monitor PSA, etc.?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:09:03 pm by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 01:04:15 pm »

LowerT51

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 05:41:47 pm »
I didn't absorb Testim at all.  BTW - Testim is touted to be more absorptive than Androgel.  Make sure that you have you doc check your levels in a month.

JoeLow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 06:51:17 pm »
Thanks. My Dr. has been very helpful and his input was up to date with what Ive discovered during my research. Yes I am scheduled for a followup exam in two weeks. We are going to track my levels and determinine if the Testim is doings its job. I suspect it is. I definately feel better. I did more around the house this past weekend then I have done all year. I have a natural energy I havent felt in years. If this is placebo effort, give me more! Thanks for the informative posts, very helpful.

LowerT51

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 01:02:39 am »
It could be either way, you won't know until you get the blood work done.  I swore that I was feeling better and my T levels didn't budge.  Let's keep optimistic, but there are other alternatives if it's not working.  You really don't want to be rubbing that stuff on your shoulders each AM if it isn't working.  My wife hated the smell as well.  I didn't mind, but it does impact things if your mate doesn't like how you smell.  LOL!  Keep me posted.

LowerT51

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 01:08:25 am »
Also, I see that you are 55.  What symptoms are you suffering from?  My lower libido didn't become apparent till my late forties.  I knew I was on the lower side since my early thirties, but wasn't suffering in the sex department at that point in time.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 01:08:25 am »