Quantcast

Author Topic: Why Did You Stop Taking Zinc and DIM?  (Read 5658 times)

robb65

• View Profile
Why Did You Stop Taking Zinc and DIM?
« on: February 02, 2015, 02:47:45 am »
Kierkegaard,

Newby to the forum here and am blown away by your breakdown of injection protocols. I'm 65 and been on Cyp for about a year. My doc has me at 150 every 3 weeks but it ain't working, I'm thankful he lets me inject (tried to force the gel but it didn't work) yet I don't think he knows what he is doing so your information is priceless. I see him this week after labs so will try and educate him.

Question for you though; in your injection schedule in your handle you've moved from IM to subq with great results but have stopped taking Dim-plus and zinc, why? I thought it would be better to use more "natural" support and decrease the amount of cyp you're injecting.

Thanks again for your info.
Modify message

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
Re: Why Did You Stop Taking Zinc and DIM?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 04:03:46 am »
Kierkegaard,

Newby to the forum here and am blown away by your breakdown of injection protocols. I'm 65 and been on Cyp for about a year. My doc has me at 150 every 3 weeks but it ain't working, I'm thankful he lets me inject (tried to force the gel but it didn't work) yet I don't think he knows what he is doing so your information is priceless. I see him this week after labs so will try and educate him.

Question for you though; in your injection schedule in your handle you've moved from IM to subq with great results but have stopped taking Dim-plus and zinc, why? I thought it would be better to use more "natural" support and decrease the amount of cyp you're injecting.

Thanks again for your info.
Modify message

I'm still taking them, just haven't updated my signature (in the process now).  I originally stopped taking them because my total T to estradiol ratio was something like 46:1 when I got my first blood draw results after going subq, which I considered very high so thought I needed to lower a bit.  I started taking them again when I noticed symptoms related to high E2 -- which at the time I had no idea was high for me (at around 25 pg/ml).  Currently I'm cruising at very low doses of cypionate (22 mg E3D) but will still keep taking DIM because it allows me to have slightly higher T levels relative to my estradiol level.  Probably wouldn't hurt to cut out the Zinc though, but I'll figure this out some other time. 
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 04:03:46 am »

robb65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 02:31:11 pm »
Kierkegaard,

Thank you for your fast response and all your knowledge. There seems to be a lot to learn and figure out.

SteveT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 11:31:22 pm »
Kierkegaard,

With 22mg of T every third day are you tracking your Hematocrit?  My biggest concern is keeping my blood viscosity low.   Also, I assume that 22 is about .120 on a 1 ml syringe? 

When using injection I was doing .25 ml subQ twice a week.  Where is the .120 holding your total and free T?

Steve

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 11:31:22 pm »

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 12:05:35 am »
Kierkegaard,

With 22mg of T every third day are you tracking your Hematocrit?  My biggest concern is keeping my blood viscosity low.   Also, I assume that 22 is about .120 on a 1 ml syringe? 

When using injection I was doing .25 ml subQ twice a week.  Where is the .120 holding your total and free T?

Steve

mls and marks on a syringe are not doses. We need to know the vial dosing such as 200mg/ml, etc etc but still, ml's are not a dose, you should be speaking in mg/milligrams.

SteveT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 12:09:19 am »
The box reads 200 mg/m

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 01:26:55 am »
Kierkegaard,

Steve

Wrote a thread on my levels very recently ("801 Total T..."), check it out. I'm getting about .11 m km for a 22 MG injection.

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

SteveT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 01:45:09 am »
Would you happen to have a link to that thread?

Steve

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 03:56:32 pm »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 03:56:32 pm »