Quantcast

Author Topic: HCG Mono questions  (Read 13173 times)

electrify

• View Profile
HCG Mono questions
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:22:59 pm »
So I just started HCG mono. I am on a protocol of 500 IU E3D subQ although ive started at 400 IU E3D after talking to the dr. No AI as of yet.
I have a few questions.

1. I have only taken 2 injections and I feel worse. Like a few hours after the injection in the morning, I will be somewhat calmer but then by night I feel stressed out. Can E2 rise this quickly after 2 injections? I am trying to figure out if its E2 causing it or if its some school stress that has piled on recently or both. I tend to overreact to stress with all these hormonal issues going on. Like if someone says something that criticizes my work at research I get more upset easily.

2. If HCG has a half life of like 24 hrs, then wouldn't the T level crash down after like 2 days?

Also my body tends to be sensitive to exogenous substances.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 09:39:11 pm by electrify »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: HCG Mono questions
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:28:01 pm »
Sure it can rise quickly.  The aromatase starts converting testosterone immediately.

Thats a good about the 24 hours.  I know that some sources say that sometimes it can be a bit lomger.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 10:28:01 pm »

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 01:16:46 am »
Sure it can rise quickly.  The aromatase starts converting testosterone immediately.

Thats a good about the 24 hours.  I know that some sources say that sometimes it can be a bit lomger.

Oh ok. As it is even before starting HCG Mono I have had E2 readings like 30 or 32 which aren't that great so I won't be surprised if this is just further increasing it. The short half life is certainly a good thing compared to Clomid. It will be easier adjusting to a new protocol. I am considering asking the dr about DIM or an AI but I think he won't suggest anything unless E2 is actually proven to be high. But it hasn't even been a week yet but I will probably ask if we can test early after like 5 injections instead of the planned 10. After all, being more sensitive to this stuff I need to be monitored at a quicker schedule than most to prevent a Clomid like disaster.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 07:13:45 am »

Oh ok. As it is even before starting HCG Mono I have had E2 readings like 30 or 32 which aren't that great so I won't be surprised if this is just further increasing it. The short half life is certainly a good thing compared to Clomid. It will be easier adjusting to a new protocol. I am considering asking the dr about DIM or an AI but I think he won't suggest anything unless E2 is actually proven to be high. But it hasn't even been a week yet but I will probably ask if we can test early after like 5 injections instead of the planned 10. After all, being more sensitive to this stuff I need to be monitored at a quicker schedule than most to prevent a Clomid like disaster.

It seems like they usually want to wait about 3 weeks for things to stabilize.  Again, your estradiol will start ramping up but it won't necessarily reach a steady state until about 3 weeks.  Actually, I saw a study that said two weeks, so I'll have to try to dig that up.  (That wasn't HCG Mono though.)
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 07:13:45 am »

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 09:53:35 am »
So is it better to start AI after 3 weeks once E2 has stabilized instead of in the beginning?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 11:23:56 am »
So is it better to start AI after 3 weeks once E2 has stabilized instead of in the beginning?

I think so.  And it's better to just not use an AI of course.  That was my big goal last year...

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 10:02:00 pm »
Well now im feeling low all of a suddenm which is a clear high E2 symptom for me since I do not get these lows as much with low T--its mostly really bad anxiety (with tingling, nausea, head pressure, etc). I don't know if I will be able to wait this out for like 3 weeks with all this school stuff coming up. I have to force myself to study and do things and its taken a toll on my academics where I am basically failing classes. Now I am constantly ruminating about this whole imbalance stuff and wallowing in a pit of self-pity over what if my dreams get ruined+ keep ruminating over the fact that every second being in this anxiety or low state = every second wasted in college, etc all negative thoughts.

And ruminating about how my friends are getting so ahead in their life while im stuck. Yes objectively, I shouldn't be comparing myself to others but this happens at a subconscious level where I see everyone else having the time of their lives in college with girls, internships, parties, etc. This imbalance is really tough for me since even before all of this I would be considered a pessimistic person and this just amplifies all of it and adds to the stress. And all the immense pressure I am putting on myself to get this stuff sorted out ASAP with all the time limits. Then somehow it doesn't get sorted in this "time limit" I put which leads to more anxiety.

I think I am going to have to ask for an AI to speed this up and probably get an early blood test done. Sometimes I ask my psychiatrist if I should get on a med like buspar or neurontin but I always get the response no its not necessary at this point.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:43:25 pm by electrify »

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 12:35:43 am »
Now I am feeling somewhat better because the emotional numbing disapeared, though I still experience night sweats, nausea, anxiety. And my testicular size does not seem to have increased back to normal much yet after 1.5 weeks. Less negative thoughts and rumination at least.

Did anyone else experience insomnia when taking HCG at night? Maybe has to do with cortisol levels?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 07:20:51 am »
Did anyone else experience insomnia when taking HCG at night? Maybe has to do with cortisol levels?

I never experienced this, but I have heard any testosterone-increaser can increase restlessness at night if taken in the late afternoon.

helix26404

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2015, 09:43:27 am »
Have you even had blood work since starting? Let's look at blood prior to jumping to an AI. You could be too LOW on E2 if the dose isn't enough to keep T levels in clinical range.

I am on HCG mono. Initially started at 1,000ius EOD but have dropped down to 250iu to find the lowest dose that does what I need it to do.

Beware of AIs with HCG. I have read that they are largely ineffective with HCG because the aromatization takes place inside the testicles as opposed to in other tissues with exogenous (injected) T. The AI is out numbered in the testicles because of high concentration of aromatization, and so it crashes your serum E2 while doing nothing for your E2 symptoms.

This is consistent with my AI experience where even 0.25 every week would crash me in 2-3 weeks, despite huge amount of HCG.

So I've dropped the HCG dose to see if I can find a level where my T is good but E2 isn't ramped up.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 09:50:21 am by helix26404 »

SteveT

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 03:41:39 pm »
I just started back on HCG.  To be honest I did see any change good or bad last time I use it.  I'm hoping for better this time.  I inject 200 IU (.2ml) just before going to bed.  Doc wants me 5 days on 2 days off.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 05:50:05 pm »
I just started back on HCG.  To be honest I did see any change good or bad last time I use it.  I'm hoping for better this time.  I inject 200 IU (.2ml) just before going to bed.  Doc wants me 5 days on 2 days off.
but did it boost your testosterone?

SteveT

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 06:06:36 pm »
I was not careful to check it - I will be this time...

tomahawk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 06:24:26 pm »
I did not know this! so are their alternatives to AI for lowering E2 in your testicles? 

Beware of AIs with HCG. I have read that they are largely ineffective with HCG because the aromatization takes place inside the testicles as opposed to in other tissues with exogenous (injected) T. The AI is out numbered in the testicles because of high concentration of aromatization, and so it crashes your serum E2 while doing nothing for your E2 symptoms.

37 Years old
super low SHBG, fatty liver, tracking to diabetes, high BP, adrenal fatigue
bio-identical cream
-hassle to do daily
Reandron 1000 (one shot every 3 months)
-mellow effects, all gone after 8 weeks, T down to 8, E to 181
Testosterone Cypionate
-25mg E3.5D, high blood pressure, headaches, insomnia
Came off Test Cyp.
Consider cold turkey..
A week later feel like crap, anxiety, poor sleep, waking up at 4am, fatigue 
10th April 2015 - back on Reandron 1000!
6 week injection protocol due to hypermetabolising

Arimidex 1mg twice a week (Mon and Thurs)
Myomin 2 pills with brekky, 2 pills with lunch, daily

electrify

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 07:48:14 pm »
Have you even had blood work since starting? Let's look at blood prior to jumping to an AI. You could be too LOW on E2 if the dose isn't enough to keep T levels in clinical range.

I am on HCG mono. Initially started at 1,000ius EOD but have dropped down to 250iu to find the lowest dose that does what I need it to do.

This is consistent with my AI experience where even 0.25 every week would crash me in 2-3 weeks, despite huge amount of HCG.

So I've dropped the HCG dose to see if I can find a level where my T is good but E2 isn't ramped up.

Well I got a blood test after 4 HCG injections on this 500 IU E3D since I was feeling worse and my E2 skyrocketed to 44 in just 4 injections (so a little more than 1 week's worth). I might ask for a 250 IU EOD protocol with an AI. I am trying to recover back to my normal personality ASAP within like the next month so hopefully just making a few changes, adding in an AI = recovery. Ive been told countless times by psychologists and doctors that I shouldn't put a time limit on it but that's like impossible for me to do with the kind of mind I have.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:02:43 am by electrify »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 07:48:14 pm »