Quantcast

Author Topic: Arginine and Chest Pain  (Read 6395 times)

Justin

• View Profile
Arginine and Chest Pain
« on: February 07, 2015, 02:52:14 pm »
I have been taking arginine ,2 to 3 grams,  for about 3 weeks now. I have started to noticed a feeling of indigestion/ chest pain. I was doing a set of machine benches. My heart felt like it was going to come out of my throat because it was beating so hard. I originally thought  that it was the the tongkat ali that I was taking. But now, doing some research on arginine, I have found other people complaining about this. I like the pump and the energy that gives with the combo of arginine and the herb, but it is not worth having something go wrong with my heart. My blood pressure has went down a lot as well. Oh , well. Live and learn.
Thinking back now, about 10 years ago I began taking a popular NO supplement, and it did the same thing. Brain fart!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Arginine and Chest Pain
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 07:24:01 am »
I have been taking arginine ,2 to 3 grams,  for about 3 weeks now. I have started to noticed a feeling of indigestion/ chest pain. I was doing a set of machine benches. My heart felt like it was going to come out of my throat because it was beating so hard. I originally thought  that it was the the tongkat ali that I was taking. But now, doing some research on arginine, I have found other people complaining about this. I like the pump and the energy that gives with the combo of arginine and the herb, but it is not worth having something go wrong with my heart. My blood pressure has went down a lot as well. Oh , well. Live and learn.
Thinking back now, about 10 years ago I began taking a popular NO supplement, and it did the same thing. Brain fart!

Hey, sorry to be slow to respond.  Did you know there was a study where six people died taking arginine and they actually stopped the study for obvious reasons.  This is one of the reasons you rarely hear me mention it:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/herpes_arginine
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 07:24:01 am »

Sam Duxbury

• Enjoying Tampa FL and the Good Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 11:28:55 pm »
Are you taking Arginine or l-Arginine or another variation? All act differently in the body as they are stereo-isomers,
and may have other vitamins/chemicals mixed into the OTC pill....

Also, you probably 'ramped-up' way too fast. I took over 6 months to get up to 2 grams a day. No problems at all,
including 2 grams of l-citrulline and 1 gram of niacin per day, spaced over four even doses.

It works wonders as a NO source for serum NO support of erections, and potential vascular endothelial repair/healing.

Cheers! - Sam D.
Total HRT program: SottoPelle Testosterone Pellets every 6 months, 300 IU hCG sub-q M-F, .05 mg letrozole once weekly.

14 May 2015 blood work: Serum T: 1,264 ng/dL (one month since LAST pellet insert procedure);
                            Free Testosterone: 21.7 pg/mL
                            Estradiol (ultrasensitive): 17.4 pg/mL
                            PSA (Roche ECLIA): 3.1 ng/mL  (March 2014 = 2.6 ng/mL)
                            D3: 77 ng/dL
                            Prolactin: 7.0 ng/mL
                            Cortisol: 6.9 mcg/mL (down from 12.8 one year ago)

I am responsible for my enjoyment of my maleness. My success depends on my best efforts to stay healthy and live a positive lifestyle.

HeyJoe!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 11:41:32 pm »
You know, vegan protein powders are loaded naturally with Arginine, especially when it contains Hemp protien.

My Nutiva hemp protein contains 2.4g for of arginine per 3 tablespoons!! That's naturally occurring Arginine, along with fiber and omega threes.

BioChem vegan protein powder tastes better and contains 2 grams per serving.

Lots of choices in vegan protein powder, most are very high in arginine. Give it a try. Maybe it will have a different effect than the pills.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 11:41:32 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 03:50:48 pm »
You know, vegan protein powders are loaded naturally with Arginine, especially when it contains Hemp protien.

My Nutiva hemp protein contains 2.4g for of arginine per 3 tablespoons!! That's naturally occurring Arginine, along with fiber and omega threes.

Lots of choices in vegan protein powder, most are very high in arginine. Give it a try. Maybe it will have a different effect than the pills.

of protein powder is a little different animal. And the reason is that it will have a combination of lysine and arginine. so the lysine will counteract some of the effects of the arginine.I guess you could get some issues potentially with protein powders. But I have never heard of thatand I believe that is the reason. In fact some proteins will have more lysine than arginine.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Justin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 09:52:37 pm »
I think I was taking too much in the beginning. i gave it another try and the chest pains went away.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 04:59:47 am »
I think I was taking too much in the beginning. i gave it another try and the chest pains went away.

Okay, but one thing to think about:  why bother?  There are lots of other ways to boost nitric oxide that do not have the side effect profile:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Nitric_Oxide

HeyJoe!

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 07:26:10 pm »

of protein powder is a little different animal. And the reason is that it will have a combination of lysine and arginine. so the lysine will counteract some of the effects of the arginine.I guess you could get some issues potentially with protein powders. But I have never heard of thatand I believe that is the reason. In fact some proteins will have more lysine than arginine.

I did not know that about Lysine conteracting the arginine effects in hemp powder. I was getting excited abou the fact that I was getting 2.4g of arginine every time I make a smoothy. But nnnooooooooo. Geez. It's always something!

Here is the amino acid profile of my Nutiva Hemp protien powder:

Is it an unfavorable ratio of Lysine and Arginine??

Alanine    0.5 g
Arginine    2.4 g
Aspartic Acid    1.8 g
Cysteine    0.3 g
Glutamic Acid    2.8 g
Glycine    0.5 g
Histidine    0.5 g
* Isoleucine    0.5 g
* Leucine    0.8 g
Lysine    0.4 g
Methionine    0.3 g
Phenylalanine    0.5 g
Proline    0.7 g
Serine    0.8 g
Threonine    0.7 g
Tryptophan    0.1 g
Tyrosine    0.4 g
* Valine    0.7 g

Essential Amino Acids
*Branched-chain Amino Acids

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 08:11:50 pm »

I did not know that about Lysine conteracting the arginine effects in hemp powder. I was getting excited abou the fact that I was getting 2.4g of arginine every time I make a smoothy. But nnnooooooooo. Geez. It's always something!

Here is the amino acid profile of my Nutiva Hemp protien powder:

Is it an unfavorable ratio of Lysine and Arginine??

Alanine    0.5 g
Arginine    2.4 g
Aspartic Acid    1.8 g
Cysteine    0.3 g
Glutamic Acid    2.8 g
Glycine    0.5 g
Histidine    0.5 g
* Isoleucine    0.5 g
* Leucine    0.8 g
Lysine    0.4 g
Methionine    0.3 g
Phenylalanine    0.5 g
Proline    0.7 g
Serine    0.8 g
Threonine    0.7 g
Tryptophan    0.1 g
Tyrosine    0.4 g
* Valine    0.7 g

Essential Amino Acids
*Branched-chain Amino Acids

Actually, HeyJoe, if you want to skew things to the arginine side, then that is a good ratio.  Personally, I don't, although I use quite a bit hemp protein.  Look at your other proteins and you'll see that many of them have a ratio closer to 1:1.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 08:11:50 pm »