Quantcast

Author Topic: Am I Low Testosterone? 25 Years old  (Read 5796 times)

Archer3223

• View Profile
Am I Low Testosterone? 25 Years old
« on: March 07, 2015, 06:31:44 pm »
Hi,

I was hoping to get a second opinion on my testosterone results from someone other than my doctor as I do seem to have symptoms of low testosterone including erectile dysfunction, low libidio, brain fog, etc, that seem to have been brought on from withdrawing from an SSRI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Total Testosterone: 11.8 nmol/L or 340 ng/dL
Bioavailable Testosterone: 7.8 nmol/L or 224 ng/dL
SHBG: 15.9 nmol/L or
DHEA-S: 8.1 umol/L
Estradiol 17-Beta 75 pmol/L

Sighalot

• View Profile
Re: Am I Low Testosterone? 25 Years old
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 07:25:38 pm »
Both T and shbg is on the low side

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 07:25:38 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 08:17:32 pm »
Hi,

I was hoping to get a second opinion on my testosterone results from someone other than my doctor as I do seem to have symptoms of low testosterone including erectile dysfunction, low libidio, brain fog, etc, that seem to have been brought on from withdrawing from an SSRI. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Total Testosterone: 11.8 nmol/L or 340 ng/dL
Bioavailable Testosterone: 7.8 nmol/L or 224 ng/dL
SHBG: 15.9 nmol/L or
DHEA-S: 8.1 umol/L
Estradiol 17-Beta 75 pmol/L

My levels were right where yours are and I was miserable.  Hard to say for sure low T is your problem though.  Depression can cause many of the same issues of course.

The low estradiol may be causing you some trouble.

Also, you have low SHBG and this will make HRT problematic.

I would recommend you go through my site and look for all possible causes of low T first and see if there is anything you can correct naturally.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

donkeykong1234

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 10:59:39 pm »
I wonder how many guys out there right now are on antidepressants who are depressed due to low testosterone.  Doctors are so dumb when it comes to testosterone levels. They have no idea what is normal for anybody.  I think testosterone is something you don't want to be on the low side especially for males.  I agree with peak T and first see if there is a natural way to increase it first before anything else. I'm going to get my levels checked out again soon. But from personal experience when my t was in the 300 range i was super depressed with massive brain fog.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 10:59:39 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 04:08:37 am »
I wonder how many guys out there right now are on antidepressants who are depressed due to low testosterone.  Doctors are so dumb when it comes to testosterone levels. They have no idea what is normal for anybody.  I think testosterone is something you don't want to be on the low side especially for males.  I agree with peak T and first see if there is a natural way to increase it first before anything else. I'm going to get my levels checked out again soon. But from personal experience when my t was in the 300 range i was super depressed with massive brain fog.

I'm not the only one who has experience great improvements on here, so I agree with you.

One comment about the "ignorance factor."  I think it goes a step beyond that, because so many physicians believe that that lab range is gospel. Now, in fairness to them, that's the way allopathic medicine works:  you get a test; if you're outside the range you get treated.  They have to have some range, so of course the general idea makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is the way they do the lab ranges.  This is what is just silly.  If your testosterone is 340, you have the T of an unhealthy 80 year old! 
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 04:14:21 am »
I wonder how many guys out there right now are on antidepressants who are depressed due to low testosterone. 
I would like to extend that question to hormonal imbalance in general, i recently joined a couple of hormonrelated groups on facebook and what i see here i also see with many other hormonal issues, like hypothyroidism for example.

So considering all the chemicals, medical and other shit that affect us in ways we dont even have begun to understand i somehow doubt psychologial issues are the main reason behind most depression.

Archer3223, ever been checked for hypothyroidism? it can sometimes lower shbg and have other symptoms that can be hiding beneath low T.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:20:08 am by Sighalot »

Archer3223

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 11:31:17 am »
Thank you everyone for all the advice.

In terms of the testosterone my doctor has been adamant that my Bioavailable is within range and is the only one that matters. Are there any studies anyone knows of that I can present to try and prove otherwise or show that I am not within range.

In terms of SSRIs I have to agree with other comments. If I knew the impact withdrawal would have on me I never would have considered their use, fortunately I've been off of them for over a year after a very long withdrawal process.

I've also been suffering from chronic fatigue, nose pain and blurred vision for over 2 years and I do have a known Vitamin D deficiency. I haven't been able to discover a direct cause in all this time of my health issues and have seen 5+ doctors at this point with different specialities.

I've included some other lab results I have as follows if it points to anything, but so far no doctor has indicated any issues and in my research I haven't yet been able to discover anything conclusive. If anyone can help based on the results it would be tremendously appreciated.

Vitamin D 74 nmol/L or 29.6 ng/mL
Zinc 13.6 umol/L or 88.9 ug/dL
Ferritin 273 ug/L

Free Triiodothyronine 5.0 pmol/L
Thyrotropin 1.12 mIU/L
Free Thyroxine (T4) 14 pmol/L

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 06:05:43 pm »
Ferritin 273 ug/L

Thyrotropin 1.12 mIU/L
Vitamin D, ferritin and zinc looks good.
Free t3 is neither low or high, free T4 is hard to say since it can be both low and normal.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 08:24:28 pm »
Thank you everyone for all the advice.

In terms of the testosterone my doctor has been adamant that my Bioavailable is within range and is the only one that matters. Are there any studies anyone knows of that I can present to try and prove otherwise or show that I am not within range.

In terms of SSRIs I have to agree with other comments. If I knew the impact withdrawal would have on me I never would have considered their use, fortunately I've been off of them for over a year after a very long withdrawal process.

I've also been suffering from chronic fatigue, nose pain and blurred vision for over 2 years and I do have a known Vitamin D deficiency. I haven't been able to discover a direct cause in all this time of my health issues and have seen 5+ doctors at this point with different specialities.

I've included some other lab results I have as follows if it points to anything, but so far no doctor has indicated any issues and in my research I haven't yet been able to discover anything conclusive. If anyone can help based on the results it would be tremendously appreciated.

Ferritin 273 ug/L

Thyrotropin 1.12 mIU/L

If he is an endo, you'll never change his mind about anything.  Your only hope is to get a 2nd opinion and in the U.S. urologists and some PCPs are much more open minded.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 08:24:28 pm »