Quantcast

Author Topic: Low Testosterone Age 23  (Read 9973 times)

whomiked

• View Profile
Low Testosterone Age 23
« on: October 24, 2012, 01:21:32 pm »
Hey, I've been reading up on the forum quite a bit. I wanted to share my situation and maybe get some input. I'm 23 years old married for four years. Lately I feel tired all the time i'll be in bed my 9:30 most nights leaving my wife unsatisfied. I have no libido, excess fat in the mid section, and feel quite irritable at times.

I spoke with my doctor and had blood work done.

Here are my first results
Testosterone 254  ng/dL  250-1100 
Testosterone Free 54.7  pg/mL  35.0-155.0 

Second results a month later
Testosterone 354  ng/dL  250-1100 
Testosterone Free 69.6  pg/mL  35.0-155.0 

After that my doctor agreed they were quite low for my age. So she put me on 1.67 androgel two pumps once a day. A month later I had another test done.

Results one month later w/ Androgel two pumps a day.
Testosterone 203 Low ng/dL  250-1100 
Testosterone Free 47.1  pg/mL  35.0-155.0 

Well since they went down she switched me over to Tesum Injections 200ml every two weeks.
Here are the results a month and a half later.
Testosterone 310  ng/dL  250-1100 
Testosterone Free 78.3  pg/mL  46.0-224.0 

After the low results she referred me to an endocrinologist. The endo pretty much said yes they are low numbers but I don't have a low testosterone issue and doesn't recommend me staying on the shots. I really didn't understand the contradiction... So I have been off the shots for a few months and still feel crappy. My primary doctor is listening to the endo and doesn't want to recheck my test levels for a year.

Right now I am searching for another endocrinologist for a second opinion. Am I reading them wrong or are these low for a 23 year old? Any advice on finding a new endocrinologist?

Quincy

• View Profile
Re: Low Testosterone Age 23
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:34:32 pm »
I have a couple of questions. What is Tesum injections? And how many days later was your blood test after your last injection?
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 01:34:32 pm »

whomiked

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 01:45:23 pm »
I have a couple of questions. What is Tesum injections? And how many days later was your blood test after your last injection?

Sorry they were Testosterone enanthate injections and I believe the test was done five days after the last injection.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 03:05:19 pm »
Yes, those are low numbers, especially for a guy your age.  If you were 80, that might be a different story.  As we point out on the forum quite a bit, LabCorp now has their hypogonadal range set at about 350 now. 

And, as you probably know from poking around my site, it is very common for men to have major issues when their testosterone goes below about 400.  (Many younger guys feel it in the 400's even.)  This is individual, but I am not at all suprised you are having trouble and you'll see most men on the board with problems have trouble in the 300's. 

Here is a research description of what happens usually:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hypogonadism_Testosterone

I believe enanthate has a half life of about 10 days, so for you to have a testosterone level that low after 5 days means that your dosage wasn't really enough.  It sounds like your testosterone was probably only above hypogonadal for a couple of days and so for 2 weeks less 2 days your testosterone was very low.

Your first doctor was obviously trying to help, but I don't think knew what he/she was doing.  Androgel has a very poor track record from what I've seen and you should have no trouble boosting your testosterone with injections.

Also, one more comment:  two weeks is a long time to go on enanthate injections.  At the end of your cycle you will very likely be hypogonadal again.  That's why many docs now go with weekly injections to stabilize those highs and lows.  Just type in weekly on the Search above and you can see examples of that.

One last thing:  docs know are in two camps.  You have many docs who will treat men for hypogonadism in the 300's with symptoms.  And you have many "old school" docs who say "you're fine - it's all in your head" at the same level.  You have to decide if you want treatment or not of course and, if so, get a second opinion.  If you do want a second opinion, ask your first doctor for a physician that specializes in "men's issues".  Often, it's an endo or urologist that has an interest in this area and has developed a reputation/expertise in this area...

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 03:05:19 pm »

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 06:56:08 pm »

Sorry they were Testosterone enanthate injections and I believe the test was done five days after the last injection.

That's pretty low (310) 5 days after a 200mg T shot. Not sure what could be suppressing your levels as I would think it would be a lot higher. If your doctors say it is not a T problem then they ought to at least give you some explanations why it is so low with injections. Makes no sense. I would press them for some kind of explanation as this is the reasonable thing to do. If they have no ideas, you should look for a more competent doctor. Tell them you think it is important for your health to find out and are concerned they don't feel the same. Again, unless they can give you a reasonable explanation.
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

FightLowT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 10:00:13 pm »
After that my doctor agreed they were quite low for my age. So she put me on 1.67 androgel two pumps once a day. A month later I had another test done.

Results one month later w/ Androgel two pumps a day.
Testosterone 203 Low ng/dL  250-1100 
Testosterone Free 47.1  pg/mL  35.0-155.0 

Well since they went down she switched me over to Tesum Injections 200ml every two weeks.
Here are the results a month and a half later.
Testosterone 310  ng/dL  250-1100 
Testosterone Free 78.3  pg/mL  46.0-224.0 

After the low results she referred me to an endocrinologist. The endo pretty much said yes they are low numbers but I don't have a low testosterone issue and doesn't recommend me staying on the shots. I really didn't understand the contradiction...

Oh Goddamnitt here we go again! Sorry guys for the profanity and the blasphemy but with as many stupid fucking doctors out there it becomes hard to believe that what I see, hear, and experience in our world is the work from what is to be regarded as a "supreme being". Anyway to the original poster, both your GP and the endo have no fucking clue at all as to what they are doing. They are STUPID!! I wouldnt be surprised if you saw shit stains around their ears from where their supporting staff has to pull their heads out of their own asses each day before they get ready to see each victim that walks into their clinic. Like peak T stated yeah I'm sure the GP doc has good intentions but that doesn't yield results unless she has some knowledge about TRT which she clearly does not.

Yes your levels are too low for a guy your age and for that matter anyone of any age who wants to feel like life still has some magic and wonder to it. Androgel is basically mayonaise with some added alcohol. In fact androgel is so effective at lowering a person's androgen index it might as well be considered something useful to prescribe to a man who has prostate cancer. It actually lowers testosterone better than it raises it..lol..Literally from the accounts and bloodwork to back up the claims we've seen on this forum androgel shuts a man's own production down and doesn't even replace what it prevents from inhibition of one's own HPTA shutdown. Now if that aint a great delivery system I don't know what is... ::)

Endo's are notorious for being some of the most stubborn arrogant fucktards that ever graced the medical community. "Yes your levels are low but you don't have a testosterone problem". Call it like I see but only an arrogant stupid son of a bitch makes a claim like that. Maybe he says this because he thinks he might know why you levels are low and that another problem exists which is causing it but I doubt it. The endo probably also thinks it's unnecessary to check your LH and FSH. If I were a betting man I would put money on the table that LH is on the low side and FSH not much better. Very rarely are men your age primary hypogonadal and both the GP and endo should have tested these to verify secondary hypogonadism.

Ok here's the deal my friend. Listen to what I'm saying because I know what I'm talking about and I don't pull any punches. You need to find a qualified doctor in TRT and who also understands the endocrine system. You may have to do some research  to find one and you might even have to hire one out of pocket from an anti- aging clinic. It would be best to find one who is willing to apply his knowledge in trying to find a reason as to why your levels are as low as they are for your age. Sometimes you can find one locally that gets it and with whom you can apply your health insurance for treatment and other times guys have to make a trip possibly even out of state. Do not waste any more time with the GP and her doucheknuckle endo. PM me if you would like more information and advice. I am always happy to help someone because I know what you are going through...

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 10:05:34 pm by FightLowT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 02:41:38 am »
Now if that aint a great delivery system I don't know what is... ::)
Yes, someone really gave that one a lot of thought, eh?

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

whomiked

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 04:03:17 am »
Thanks for the great advice and support! My insurance company doesn't have a very big selection of  Endos in the area. It seems like half of them are in the same clinic/suite as the first Endo. Others are backed up until January. I found a doctor that seems well educated in the subject but I will most likely have to pay out of pocket. Here is the link to his site, does he seem legit? [edited by moderator]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:06:48 am by PeakT »

whomiked

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 04:23:30 am »
Looking more at that site it seems he is geared mostly towards natural hormone therapy... I'll keep on searching.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 04:23:30 am »