Quantcast

Author Topic: Were We Born to Run?  (Read 16904 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Were We Born to Run?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2017, 01:15:51 am »
I don't think this applies to fat Eastern European men.  We were born to innovate,  create weapons to kill prey and eat meat...

Sam:  You probably rode more hours per week on your bike than anyone else on this forum.  You're the only guy on here that I remember to reverse low SHBG with lifestyle and all that cycling very likely had a lot to do with it.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2017, 09:25:28 am »
Without question, but I'm just like the canary the coal mine.  I got the unlucky ability to rapidly store fat in my liver when I consume large amounts of carbs.   I was having lunch with a Japanese buddy of mine the other day and while he was powering down a big bowl of rice we talked about how healthy he is and how much rice him and his family eat.   Put me on that diet and even with the cycling I'd be 300lbs, triglycerides over 300 and feeling like shit.

NASH and NAFLD are so prevalent today and no one even talks about it.     I'm conservative and believe in capitalism but McDonalds and other crap food places need to be shut down or a new dietary standard needs to be set.  The problem is this debate would become as politicized as global warming.   Instead of truly addressing the issue and accepting a multi pronged solution you would end up with the Vegan group fighting with the Paleo group.  The Vegan group,would say everything the Paleo group says I'd funded by the Koch brothers and the Paleo group would say the Vegans are fruitcake, treehuggers.

Sometimes I think that asteroid can't come soon enough.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2017, 09:25:28 am »

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2017, 09:46:35 am »
...  I'm conservative and believe in capitalism but McDonalds and other crap food places need to be shut down or a new dietary standard needs to be set.  ...

That's pretty contradictory. You're a conservative advocating nanny statism? You're aware that the fast food places are simply responding to demand, yes? In the past when they offered healthy stuff it didn't sell. If government really must meddle then I prefer it stick to making sure consumers have access to good information. But in the end there should not be interference with willing buyers and sellers.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2017, 12:47:42 pm »
Without question, but I'm just like the canary the coal mine.  I got the unlucky ability to rapidly store fat in my liver when I consume large amounts of carbs.   I was having lunch with a Japanese buddy of mine the other day and while he was powering down a big bowl of rice we talked about how healthy he is and how much rice him and his family eat.   Put me on that diet and even with the cycling I'd be 300lbs, triglycerides over 300 and feeling like shit.

NASH and NAFLD are so prevalent today and no one even talks about it.     I'm conservative and believe in capitalism but McDonalds and other crap food places need to be shut down or a new dietary standard needs to be set.  The problem is this debate would become as politicized as global warming.   Instead of truly addressing the issue and accepting a multi pronged solution you would end up with the Vegan group fighting with the Paleo group.  The Vegan group,would say everything the Paleo group says I'd funded by the Koch brothers and the Paleo group would say the Vegans are fruitcake, treehuggers.

Sometimes I think that asteroid can't come soon enough.

Sam, imo you  are confusing two completely different things and packaging them  together. You can be plant-based and have the same macronutrient ratios as someone on the  Standard Americanized Paleo diet. You can be low-carb and be plant-based. I am plant-based because of sustainability and protesting factory farm and industrial animal practices which virtually every man I've ever talk to is opposed to even if they eat meat.  But that has absolutely nothing to do with how many carbs I eat or don't eat.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:50:43 pm by PeakT »
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program.aspx
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2017, 12:47:42 pm »

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2017, 01:41:57 pm »
I'm not confusing the two nor anti-capitalism.   I am just highlighting the insanity of our society as we all vie for our little hills to perch on top of as Rome crumbles all around us.

While I wouldn't send in the National Guard to shut down McDonalds I would support food standards backed by science to prevent obesity and the cascade of costs associated with the medical problems that follow.   Sucralose is a good example.   We should be able to pretty simply determine if that artificial sweetener is actually harmful to gut bacteria or not.  If it is then it shouldn't be given GRAS status.

This should be done taking into account the genetic difference which in the past 10 years we have unparalleled insight into.     The problem is the moment you start doing that kind of research special interest groups get their claws into the policy makers and unbiased research goes out the window.

Peak,  I purposefully packaged it that way to foster thought on the subject.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2017, 01:47:37 pm »
I'm not confusing the two nor anti-capitalism.   I am just highlighting the insanity of our society as we all vie for our little hills to perch on top of as Rome crumbles all around us.

While I wouldn't send in the National Guard to shut down McDonalds I would support food standards backed by science to prevent obesity and the cascade of costs associated with the medical problems that follow.   Sucralose is a good example.   We should be able to pretty simply determine if that artificial sweetener is actually harmful to gut bacteria or not.  If it is then it shouldn't be given GRAS status.

This should be done taking into account the genetic difference which in the past 10 years we have unparalleled insight into.     The problem is the moment you start doing that kind of research special interest groups get their claws into the policy makers and unbiased research goes out the window.

Peak,  I purposefully packaged it that way to foster thought on the subject.

Okay got it Sam.  I wouldnt be too big on government intervention of food myself. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:51:36 am by PeakT »

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2017, 01:51:39 pm »
Admit it you missed me:-)   

Cataceous

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2017, 03:45:25 pm »

People generally aren't fat and unhealthy because McDonalds and sucralose exist. We don't need food standards to tell us people are eating too much and not exercising enough.
I am not a medical doctor; any suggestions are meant to be discussed with your doctor.
Protocol: 18 mg T enanthate subQ qod, 250 IU hCG subQ qod, 70 mcg anastrozole qod, 6.25 mg DHEA orally bid
7-12/2018 test results: TT: 800 ng/dL, E2: 31 pg/mL LC/MS-MS, DHEA-S: 264 ug/dL (49-344)—SHBG ~30 nmol/L

Retardo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2017, 11:51:06 pm »
It believe  it if hadnt seen lots of people with knee injuries and hernias.
or people running in the streets?
or being a fat-ass and running and thinking you are helping ANY part of your life?>

Dr bLaylock does not recommend  (my bad peak, I mean "rec" ::)) any intense exercise  because of the strain on the body(but if you do it, then take vitamin C to repair your broken collagen, etc)

question is,
"Y R U RnG"
LOOLLOZZZ

rogueone

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2017, 02:59:23 am »
I just wonder how much this has to do with genetics?

I can guarantee that no one in my family was born to 'run.' Of note, my origin is primarily himalayan.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 10:22:45 pm »
I just wonder how much this has to do with genetics?

I can guarantee that no one in my family was born to 'run.' Of note, my origin is primarily himalayan.

A couple of the healthiest cultures are climbers.  Maybe we are born to climb as well. :)

Retardo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2017, 05:10:18 am »

A couple of the healthiest cultures are climbers.  Maybe we are born to climb as well. :)

or maybe it's because couple of the healthiest cultures arent fat
so want to be healthy, dont be fat
couple of the healthiest cultures dont drive cars.. so dont drive a car
couple of the healthiest cultures dont live in america, dont live in america

just pointing out, that a correlation between two variables does not imply that one causes the other, so living a long time and you run, doesnt mean Running/climbing is why you lived a long time.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2017, 07:38:03 am »

just pointing out, that a correlation between two variables does not imply that one causes the other, so living a long time and you run, doesnt mean Running/climbing is why you lived a long time.

Good call. They actually have speculated that living at higher alititudes may help with longevity as well.  All of that said, I think we can reasonably make some assumption based on the same lifestyle patterns that we see in the most elite supercultures.  At least that is where I'd throw my money!

kcrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2017, 10:04:33 am »
It believe  it if hadnt seen lots of people with knee injuries and hernias.

There is no evidence to suggest that running increases the likelihood of knee injuries.    Outside of sudden trauma, most knee injuries result from being overweight or obese (which running reduces the likelihood of).

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/12/161209100236.htm

http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/runners-have-much-healthier-knees-than-scientists-thought
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 10:06:57 am by kcrunner »
Height: 6,1
Weight: 178
Total Testosterone: 829 ng/dl
Free Testosterone: 22 ng/dl
Current Meds:  Levothyroxine 175mcg, Testosterone Cyp Intra-Muscular 100 mg every 7 days.
Supplements-
Multivitamin
Magnesium
Vitamin D
B Complex
Fish Oil

kcrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2017, 10:09:25 am »

If you run enough, its almost impossible to be fat.   Let's say you run an average of 35 miles a week.   That is an additional net calorie burn of approximately 208,000 calories a year.   
Height: 6,1
Weight: 178
Total Testosterone: 829 ng/dl
Free Testosterone: 22 ng/dl
Current Meds:  Levothyroxine 175mcg, Testosterone Cyp Intra-Muscular 100 mg every 7 days.
Supplements-
Multivitamin
Magnesium
Vitamin D
B Complex
Fish Oil

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2017, 10:09:25 am »