Quantcast

Author Topic: Controlling Estradiol Without Arimidex  (Read 5799 times)

Alex J

• View Profile
    • Refined Mindset
Controlling Estradiol Without Arimidex
« on: February 23, 2015, 11:26:21 pm »
Since beginning TRT roughly 7 months ago controlling estrogen has been a huge limiting factor in my success.  I can't seem to get my T over mid range without estrogen soaring.  In the past two months Ive tried aromasin and arimidex and both DO NOT sit well with me.  Arimidex works, I can feel my e2 lowering by the increased wood and energy but it gives me some batshit crazy anxiety ( I do have some general anxiety so it spikes it not creates it), Its not a mental anxiety just a very uncomfortable physical anxiety.  Next I tried aromasin and the first time I tried it I took only 6.25mg to be careful and just felt awful for the next 3 days (really depressed).

Needless to say I want to stay away from those.

I am now injecting 30mg test cypionate EOD subQ.  I have had some success with dim but not quite enough.  Do you guys know any good supplements that can help further DIM?

P.s  Im not overweight at all (excellent shape), and I am in my mid 20s so Im not sure of the reason for my high E2
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:55:43 pm by PeakT »
Been on HRT since 07/2013.

Current Regiment: 100mg test cream/day + 15mg pregenelone/day

VinnAY

• View Profile
Re: Controlling Estradiol Without Arimidex
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 11:45:23 pm »
How much Arimidex were you taking and how frequent? I recently tried to get off of it but I can't...I'm much too irritable with my E2 > 40.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:55:51 pm by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 11:45:23 pm »

Alex J

• View Profile
    • Refined Mindset
Re: Controlling E2 without AI
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 12:47:52 am »
Started with 0.25mg E3D, moved down to 1/8th E4D still same anxiety like effect

euphorixx1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:11:07 am »
I know exactly what you were going through, except I get it when my E2 is over 30... its very annoying.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:55:59 pm by PeakT »

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:11:07 am »

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 02:35:45 pm »
Started with 0.25mg E3D, moved down to 1/8th E4D still same anxiety like effect

I didn't expect that you were taking so little and still having problems.

The only thing I can think of here is going to a smaller TCyp, daily....????  I'm doing 40mg EOD currently but I tolerate .25mg twice a week pretty well.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 02:56:10 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 02:58:31 pm »
Since beginning TRT roughly 7 months ago controlling estrogen has been a huge limiting factor in my success.  I can't seem to get my T over mid range without estrogen soaring.  In the past two months Ive tried aromasin and arimidex and both DO NOT sit well with me.  Arimidex works, I can feel my e2 lowering by the increased wood and energy but it gives me some batshit crazy anxiety ( I do have some general anxiety so it spikes it not creates it), Its not a mental anxiety just a very uncomfortable physical anxiety.  Next I tried aromasin and the first time I tried it I took only 6.25mg to be careful and just felt awful for the next 3 days (really depressed).

Needless to say I want to stay away from those.

I am now injecting 30mg test cypionate EOD subQ.  I have had some success with dim but not quite enough.  Do you guys know any good supplements that can help further DIM?

P.s  Im not overweight at all (excellent shape), and I am in my mid 20s so Im not sure of the reason for my high E2

I don't know why arimidex would cause anxiety unless you are going too low with your estradiol?  Maybe it affects some other enzyme or neurotransmitter directly or something, but I haven't heard of that.

Have you pulled your estradiol post-Arimidex?  If so, what was the lab read?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Alex J

• View Profile
    • Refined Mindset
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 03:32:34 pm »
Vinnay I like EOD but ED is too many needles for me I have to draw the line somewhere. 

I doubt my e2 went too low because I felt great in every other aspect.  I tried on 3 seperate occasions and the anxiety surfaced within a couple days everytime.  I never managed to get bloodwork because I couldn't handle it long enough

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 03:49:57 pm »
Vinnay I like EOD but ED is too many needles for me I have to draw the line somewhere. 

I doubt my e2 went too low because I felt great in every other aspect.  I tried on 3 seperate occasions and the anxiety surfaced within a couple days everytime.  I never managed to get bloodwork because I couldn't handle it long enough

But anxiety could easily be part of low estradiol.  Seriously, think about this:  there have probably been a couple hundred guys on here and not one of them has complained of anxiety from Arimidex with medium or high estradiol levels.  I'm not saying you're wrong, of course, but I just think you should pull the number.  One of the labs has an inexpensive estradiol test that is good even.  My two cents...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 11:54:49 pm »
I have read(unverified claim) that low estradiol also lowers serotonin, low serotonin have anxiety as symptom.
If you have the means to take an estradiol test when using arimidex i think you should, then you will know for sure and it needs to be a sensitive test.

Dont know if its a good idea or not but there is a substance called 5-HTP, its used in the body to make serotonin.
Some use it to self medicate depression because it works very quick within hours and have very little side effects in short term use with good results.
It may help during testing, can be obtain through ebay and many other places and its not expensive HOWEVER it is illegal in some parts of the world so may want to check that first, in my country its classified as medication in other countries it can be classified as a supplement.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 11:58:06 pm by Sighalot »

euphorixx1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 01:04:02 am »
I had the same issues with subQ injections.  I could never get my T over 550 without my E2 going into the 30s.  And I am 10-12% bodyfat, so I dont overaromatize.

Have you ever tried IM?

euphorixx1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 01:05:55 am »
Some people for some reason have higher E2 with subQ, I cant explain it, but I could never get my T high with subQ but E2 was super high.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2015, 02:23:28 am »
Some people for some reason have higher E2 with subQ, I cant explain it, but I could never get my T high with subQ but E2 was super high.

Well, you remember the initial worry about subQ?  You are injecting into fat where the aromatase lives...

Alex J

• View Profile
    • Refined Mindset
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2015, 10:24:00 pm »
Ive tried IM for a couple months and my e2 was much worse...verified that with bloodwork

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:35 pm »
Ive tried IM for a couple months and my e2 was much worse...verified that with bloodwork

This was my experience.  Well, I wouldn't say "much" worse, but higher.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2015, 11:03:35 pm »