Quantcast

Author Topic: How far would you go to save yourself or your family?  (Read 3315 times)

london1

• View Profile
How far would you go to save yourself or your family?
« on: March 19, 2015, 05:02:10 pm »
I have lived in Vegas for about 7 months. During that time my next door neighbour has been over a few times while his kid plays with my kid. He's a nice guy, early thirties ex military and ex police.
I cant remember how we got on to the subject but we spoke about Katrina and how people were robbing each other for food and water. He told me he would do the same thing. I was a bit shocked so I said protecting your family is one thing but robbing another family in need is too far. Neither of us really wanted to press the issue but he was quite clear that for him you have to do what you have to do to save your family. I dont know why but I couldn't stop thinking about it all day.
52 years old. ED since early twenties.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: How far would you go to save yourself or your family?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 07:56:58 pm »
I have lived in Vegas for about 7 months. During that time my next door neighbour has been over a few times while his kid plays with my kid. He's a nice guy, early thirties ex military and ex police.
I cant remember how we got on to the subject but we spoke about Katrina and how people were robbing each other for food and water. He told me he would do the same thing. I was a bit shocked so I said protecting your family is one thing but robbing another family in need is too far. Neither of us really wanted to press the issue but he was quite clear that for him you have to do what you have to do to save your family. I dont know why but I couldn't stop thinking about it all day.

Well, if someone has a ton of water and won't share with anyone, I think they're asking for trouble if that is what you are talking about.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 07:56:58 pm »

london1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 09:55:47 pm »

Well, if someone has a ton of water and won't share with anyone, I think they're asking for trouble if that is what you are talking about.

I agree it might be best to share to avoid conflict but during katrina people were just robbing neighbours at random to steal whatever they had. My neighbour said nothing about whether someone might have excess, just that he would rob others for the sake of his family.
52 years old. ED since early twenties.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 12:22:35 am »

I agree it might be best to share to avoid conflict but during katrina people were just robbing neighbours at random to steal whatever they had. My neighbour said nothing about whether someone might have excess, just that he would rob others for the sake of his family.

Lord of the Flies, eh? 

I don't think he's thinking that all the way out.  I mean eventually the coast guard and military are going to come and you might end up in the house again next to those neighbors.  What are you going to say to them?  "Hey, remember that  night I hit you over the head with bat and stole all your canned tuna?  Well,  I'm sorry about that, but I get a little cranky when I'm hungry..."

No, maybe the houses were totally destroyed and there was nothing to ever go back to - I don't know.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 12:30:26 am by PeakT »
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 12:22:35 am »

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 06:28:30 pm »
Assuming a scenario that is on to 72/96/120 hrs, no power, widespread devastation, shit is spiraling out of control, US currency is worthless, etc etc I know I'm not going to die because you have food/water/supplies. I'd try to ally with other people, but if you got shit and don't want to share and try to survive together, I'll kill ya and take your shit. I see that as a last resort.
But that shit in Katrina for instance was bad, but the things that happened on the ground weren't justified by the situation, it was just a lot of people that didn't give an F about any one else and just went nuts in a (likely) no consequence environment.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 05:31:35 pm »