Quantcast

Author Topic: DOC HORROR STORY: Estradiol of 59 pg/ml Is Not Excessive  (Read 9335 times)

VinnAY

• View Profile
Re: DOC HORROR STORY: Estradiol of 59 pg/ml Is Not Excessive
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2015, 01:04:09 pm »
He didn't seem concerned with the PSA because it was around that value without the TRT. He did evaluate it and put me on Cipro back in November long before TRT which brought the number down a bit. He did an US and Cytoscopy which showed nothing. He said he is not concerned and at 48 the PSA is WNL.

This from the guy that told you 59 isn't a high estrogen reading and shoots you with 200mg a week...sigh

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 06:51:10 pm »
He didn't seem concerned with the PSA because it was around that value without the TRT. He did evaluate it and put me on Cipro back in November long before TRT which brought the number down a bit. He did an US and Cytoscopy which showed nothing. He said he is not concerned and at 48 the PSA is WNL.

Well, PSA is not the greatest test.  Basically, with a number as high as yours, my understanding is that it is saying that you probably have either inflammation, prostatitis or actual prostate cancer.  And my number went up to 6.3 from about 1.4, so I've been through the war with this.  (I'm down to 1.9 per my last read - whew!)  Now a high percentage of men over 40 will have prostate cancer nodules - we are just very vulnerable to this with a Western lifestyle - but I don't believe a small nodule or two will really raise your PSA.  But a decent sized nodule, prostatitis and inflammation will all really raise it.  I have also read that some men just tend to have higher PSA's for reasons that are poorly understood.

But, if I had a PSA in the 3's like yourself, I would work my rear off to keep everything under control - inflammation and PC in particular.  It does not appear that I have prostate cancer since my PSA has gone way down and they found actual inflammation in the prostate via a biopsy along with no cancer or precancerous cells.  But I pretend that I have PC, because there is a good chance that I have one of those small nodules just based on my past Western lifestyle.  I'm married with three kids, so I take it seriously. 

I have a considerable amount of material here if you are int'd:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Prostate_Vasectomy_Fertility

THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 06:51:10 pm »