Quantcast

Author Topic: Does Subq Lower SHBG?  (Read 2821 times)

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
Does Subq Lower SHBG?
« on: March 02, 2015, 08:23:09 pm »
My last few blood draws involving free T have led to my SHBG being about 20 points lower than when they were IM (I'm currently subq).  Which makes me wonder what could cause the drop.

Well, if subq involves vastly lower (approximately 40-50%) estradiol levels, and estradiol increases SHBG, then going subq will mean a good chunk of subq going lower as well, given higher levels of free T subq that were otherwise lowered IM because estradiol was higher.  Only for those folks who have higher estradiol levels IM, presumably.

If this is true, then you might watch out for how much more powerful, how much more bang for the same buck, a person can get subq compared to IM, given his higher level of free T.  Which makes me wonder if the IM to subq transition is also responsible for the 20% lower dose of cypionate that a lot of guys experience when making this transition.  Lower E2 --> higher free T --> lower dose for same effect as IM. 

Just a thought.
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Does Subq Lower SHBG?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 08:54:37 pm »
My last few blood draws involving free T have led to my SHBG being about 20 points lower than when they were IM (I'm currently subq).  Which makes me wonder what could cause the drop.

Well, if subq involves vastly lower (approximately 40-50%) estradiol levels, and estradiol increases SHBG, then going subq will mean a good chunk of subq going lower as well, given higher levels of free T subq that were otherwise lowered IM because estradiol was higher.  Only for those folks who have higher estradiol levels IM, presumably.

If this is true, then you might watch out for how much more powerful, how much more bang for the same buck, a person can get subq compared to IM, given his higher level of free T.  Which makes me wonder if the IM to subq transition is also responsible for the 20% lower dose of cypionate that a lot of guys experience when making this transition.  Lower E2 --> higher free T --> lower dose for same effect as IM. 

Just a thought.

I think so, but I'm not so sure it lowers estradiol by the much.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 08:54:37 pm »

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:42:35 pm »
Interesting.... I lost about 4 lbs going from IM to subq @50 mg for both.  I assume its mostly less water retention!  Don't have any E 2 numbers to make note of difference. 

Kwn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:50:36 pm »
K,

can you post what were your protocols (before and after) when you dropped 20 points of SHBG?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:50:36 pm »

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 05:53:23 pm »
K,

can you post what were your protocols (before and after) when you dropped 20 points of SHBG?

I could but that could take time.  I'm currently reinstalling a new hard drive, RAM, and OS (including drivers) on my computer, so I'm out of commission other than at work. 
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 05:53:23 pm »