Quantcast

Author Topic: I Reduced Estradiol Threefold!  (Read 7112 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
I Reduced Estradiol Threefold!
« on: November 08, 2012, 06:39:56 pm »
I just noticed that on a physical I had about a year and a half ago, they took my estradiol and it was 60! 

As I've mentioned, I'm a skinny bastard.  However, with the general busyness of life, I had put on a little fat - about 10-12 pounds of mostly visceral fat.  Doesn't sound like that much?

Well, I recently lost about 8 of those pounds and my abs are showing pretty close to how I looked in high school/college.  My theory is that, assuming you were lean during those years, you can bring yourself right back to that "set point" that was established then if you drop the pounds.

And sure enough, I had my blood pulled a few days ago and my E2 was 19!  Not a bad reduction, eh?

I asked the doc if he ever sees that and he said it's quite common with guys who lose weight.  So drop the pounds and enjoy the rewards guys.

But do it gradually per these links:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Lose_Weight_Right_Way
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Lose_Weight_Gradually
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

feelgood

• View Profile
Re: I Reduced Estradiol Threefold!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 09:01:34 pm »
wow! that's a fantastic testimonial.....very cool, and great to hear.

I'm trying to understand if it's actually possible to accurately measure estradiol while on Clomid. Before i started, my bloodwork showed estradiol at 69 (and I'm a skinny bastard too!)..

then, two tests on Clomid, and estradiol came in at low 30s.

I've seen some commentary on how you can't truly measure estradiol while on clomid unless it's an "ultra sensitive" E test. I asked my doctor about it, and he really had no idea what i was talking about.

Do you know anything about it?

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 09:01:34 pm »

Quincy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 10:46:53 pm »
As I've mentioned, I'm a skinny bastard.  However, with the general busyness of life, I had put on a little fat - about 10-12 pounds of mostly visceral fat.  Doesn't sound like that much?

Well, I recently lost about 8 of those pounds and my abs are showing pretty close to how I looked in high school/college.  My theory is that, assuming you were lean during those years, you can bring yourself right back to that "set point" that was established then if you drop the pounds.

And sure enough, I had my blood pulled a few days ago and my E2 was 19!  Not a bad reduction, eh?

That's great Peak! What is your approx. BF% now?
56yo, Pre  T level 239
Previous dosage 180mg T.cypionate weekly BW @ 1056 on 7th day of cycle
Previous dosage 100mg T.cypionate weekly BW @   414 on 7th day of cycle

Current dosage  140mg T.cypionate weekly

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 01:21:01 am »
wow! that's a fantastic testimonial.....very cool, and great to hear.

I'm trying to understand if it's actually possible to accurately measure estradiol while on Clomid. Before i started, my bloodwork showed estradiol at 69 (and I'm a skinny bastard too!)..

then, two tests on Clomid, and estradiol came in at low 30s.

I've seen some commentary on how you can't truly measure estradiol while on clomid unless it's an "ultra sensitive" E test. I asked my doctor about it, and he really had no idea what i was talking about.

Do you know anything about it?

This is something I've wanted to research (on the T side also) and just haven't had time.  Let me know if you find something out.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 01:21:01 am »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 01:26:07 am »

That's great Peak! What is your approx. BF% now?

No idea.  Was getting a line down the abs and then I filled in the weight with a little visceral fat!  Still good outline on the abs, though, and can't really "pinch an inch" if you know what I mean.  So  I'm back in the game, though, and want to have the abs showing for my wife when she gets back in a few days...

FightLowT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 05:26:35 am »
I would have never guessed that a marginal ( by American standards of extra weight) amount of weight lost would make that kind of difference. That's pretty remarkable actually. Carrying 8 pounds of extra weight seems harmless in a sense considering it's such a lower number in comparison with the average amount of extra weight most people in the United States need to lose. Some men carry that extra weight and show no signs of hormonal imbalances while other men who are indeed carrying that extra 30-40 pounds are on the edge of being hypogondal with high estrogen. Great news and great work!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 05:30:07 am by FightLowT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 02:38:32 pm »
I would have never guessed that a marginal ( by American standards of extra weight) amount of weight lost would make that kind of difference. That's pretty remarkable actually. Carrying 8 pounds of extra weight seems harmless in a sense considering it's such a lower number in comparison with the average amount of extra weight most people in the United States need to lose. Some men carry that extra weight and show no signs of hormonal imbalances while other men who are indeed carrying that extra 30-40 pounds are on the edge of being hypogondal with high estrogen. Great news and great work!
Yes, but I had very low visceral fat for decades and probably doubled or tripled it, even though I was still quite thin, when my youngest was born.  My guess is that that has a much bigger effect on hormones in some people than imagined..

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2012, 09:14:22 pm »
Guys,

Remember LowerT51?  I was just chatting with him - emailing actually - and he had a similar experience.  He basically began jogging and lost weight because of it (and I'm sure managing calories) and his E2 dropped from 58 to 20!

Like me, he said that he believes he has lost about 10 pounds.  I guess it doesn't take that much sometimes!

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2013, 11:46:48 am »
this is something that I wonder a lot about when I am out in public and see men, 80% who have stomachs over their belts,
I think, how can they not have testosterone issues and all the symptoms that go with that?

I look at myself and I know I have lost a ton of weight in the last year and I think it's played a big difference,  in my testosterone level due to the reduced estrogen. but then I've never had my estrogen measured...oops

maybe they have high testosterone to overcome any issues?
I also thought, maybe they are fat and their wives are fat, so they dont have sex/good sex and think along the lines of, "I'll diet later" or" Im just aging...zzzzzzzzz"
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

JackAndy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 12:29:47 pm »
Great news T, I hope that you feel 3x better as well.
5'11" 190 lbs
150mg Test-E/week

Blade78

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 12:56:12 pm »
I just noticed that on a physical I had about a year and a half ago, they took my estradiol and it was 60! 

Well, I recently lost about 8 of those pounds and my abs are showing pretty close to how I looked in high school/college.
how estradiol be so sensitive to fat loss and yet so many men are so fat?  you had a high estradiol  level and your bodyfat had to be mid-teens at most
You lose 8lbs and show abs, so you werent very fat, I doubt anyone would have called you chunky?

but losing those 8lbs decreased your estradiol  that much?  great, but how do other men, who are 20-60lbs overweight stand a chance?
sheesh

Great work.
“Don’t you feel good when you go to the gym?’ Not at all. There’s too many people in-shape there. When I go to McDonald’s I feel great. At McDonald’s I’m Matthew McConaughey.” --Jim Gaffigan - Mr. Universe

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 04:10:41 pm »

how estradiol be so sensitive to fat loss and yet so many men are so fat?  you had a high estradiol  level and your bodyfat had to be mid-teens at most
I don't know if it is in everyone.  But that is the only thing that I really changed that would affect estradiol, so I'm pretty sure that's what did it.

You lose 8lbs and show abs, so you werent very fat, I doubt anyone would have called you chunky?
You're right.  Just had a slight paunch. 

but losing those 8lbs decreased your estradiol  that much?  great, but how do other men, who are 20-60lbs overweight stand a chance?
sheesh
I'm hoping some other guys will experiment and let me know.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 04:10:41 pm »