Quantcast

Author Topic: HCG consensus and how to obtain  (Read 20689 times)

Zooka15

• View Profile
HCG consensus and how to obtain
« on: March 23, 2015, 03:28:31 pm »
So I have been trt for a few years and have only been doing t-cyp. How many of you are using hcg or not? If you are how do you obtain?doc/over sea pharmacy. I mentioned to my doc before and he stated he knows it maintains fertility but since I had a vasectomy it was pointless. Just did not know if there was any benefit or if that question is still up in the air.

Thank
Shawn

Hydranted

• View Profile
Re: HCG consensus and how to obtain
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 03:42:53 pm »
In my opinion, hCG should be part of every TRT protocol. 

It's benefits go beyond preservation of fertility.  HCG allows the testes to remain functional, something that is lost when using exogenous testosterone without hCG.  The testes have many roles, sperm production is only part of their job description.  The testes aid in the production of other hormones, so it's a no brainer for me to keep that going.

It will also prevent testicular atrophy/aching caused by exogenous testosterone.  Not everyone experiences the aches or discomfort, but those who do very much appreciate the job that hCG does to combat it.

I am on hCG which has been prescribed by my doctor, and I've only experienced positive effects from it.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 03:42:53 pm »

Zooka15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 03:46:39 pm »
Was hcg given to you at start of treatment or something you had to convince

It's benefits go beyond preservation of fertility.  HCG allows the testes to remain functional, something that is lost when using exogenous testosterone without hCG.  The testes have many roles, sperm production is only part of their job description.  The testes aid in the production of other hormones, so it's a no brainer for me to keep that going.

It will also prevent testicular atrophy/aching caused by exogenous testosterone.  Not everyone experiences the aches or discomfort, but those who do very much appreciate the job that hCG does to combat it.

I am on hCG which has been prescribed by my doctor, and I've only experienced positive effects from it.

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 03:52:28 pm »
Talk to your Dr about organ failure and letting your testes shrivel up and die; HcG.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 03:52:28 pm »

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 04:05:54 pm »
Was hcg given to you at start of treatment or something you had to convince

It was prescribed at the same time that I began testosterone replacement.  My doctor was the one who recommended that I use hCG.  He works with a TRT clinic though, which makes him much more likely to be educated on its benefits and open to it's use.

SteveT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 04:32:21 pm »
If it's just about saving your testicle size - consider topical iodine (not the stuff from the store)  I have been on and off HcG several times and just feel better off it.  May be that is raises E to high in me.

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 04:36:01 pm »
Adding to Hydranted's great post, HCG also keeps your LH going, which keeps your P450scc enzyme going, which means more pregnenolone, progesterone, and (most importantly) cortisol, which affects stress management.  Without HCG and just T you're more likely to lower your cortisol too much proportionate to how high your T dose is.
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

SteveT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 04:51:02 pm »
K - sort of following your protocol - I am injecting 22mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday SubQ in belly and shoulder.  Don't have any new numbers to share but am feeling great.  My cortisol was likely too high especially at night.  I used Seriphos Phosphorylated Serine to reset my cortisol timing and now I don't get yanked out of bed at 3:00am.

I want to naturally raise my Aldosterone if you have any suggestions.  I have hearing loss that's quite likely related to low Aldosterone.  I've had 3 urine and one blood test - all were low.  Started to work with the Wright Clinic in Washington over the Aldosterone issue but got scared off by what I consider poor handling.  Want to find a way to naturally raise Aldosterone myself...

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 05:01:05 pm »
Talk to your Dr about organ failure and letting your testes shrivel up and die; HcG.

Yes, although HCG does not do anything for the pituitary. 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

euphorixx1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 05:10:57 pm »
K - sort of following your protocol - I am injecting 22mg Monday, Wednesday, Friday SubQ in belly and shoulder.  Don't have any new numbers to share but am feeling great.  My cortisol was likely too high especially at night.  I used Seriphos Phosphorylated Serine to reset my cortisol timing and now I don't get yanked out of bed at 3:00am.

I want to naturally raise my Aldosterone if you have any suggestions.  I have hearing loss that's quite likely related to low Aldosterone.  I've had 3 urine and one blood test - all were low.  Started to work with the Wright Clinic in Washington over the Aldosterone issue but got scared off by what I consider poor handling.  Want to find a way to naturally raise Aldosterone myself...

how did you use seriphos phosphorylated serine, I am wondering if I have high cortisol.

Zooka15

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 05:16:51 pm »
If it's just about saving your testicle size - consider topical iodine (not the stuff from the store)  I have been on and off HcG several times and just feel better off it.  May be that is raises E to high in me.
How does the iodine help? Also it seems to me most are using HCG, what does this cost a month? as I am sure my insurance will not cover it, it was hard to get them to cover tcyp
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:18:46 pm by sblavesc »

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 05:27:51 pm »

Good to hear on feeling great!  Very interesting how you used serine; was that something you picked up on your own or did your doc recommend it?

Let me get specific here and break this down: you started HCG and noticed higher cortisol, then went on serine and started feeling better (better sleep)? 

Also, any chance if your aldosterone reduced any before and while on HCG?  I ask because it's possible that because HCG kicks up cortisol (as it should, and as testosterone alone tends not to do as well), you might be downregulating aldosterone because cortisol is higher.  Higher cortisol --> lower ACTH --> lower aldosterone.  You might try lowering your HCG dose???  Not sure on what to say on that one (because I'm still learning on the cortisol thing). 

ETA: also, do you notice low blood pressure?  (Lower aldosterone means less water retention --> lower blood pressure usually.)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 06:05:19 pm by Kierkegaard »
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 05:32:48 pm »
sblavesc

I was on TRT  for about 3 years with only testoserone and never had a good Free Test level(always on the ow level) until I learned about HCG and then I started having nice numbers for FRee test.

I don't find any other explanation for that other than the use of HCG.
54 years

HRT  protocol

62 mgs of Sustenon weekly one IM shot
600 IU HGC  weekly divided in two SQ shots
6 click of  HGH daily
1 ml of Progesteron cream daily
Half pill of Arimidex once a week

Last lab tests

Progesterone,
1.50 ng/mL                                       0.21 - 1.54

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66

Testosterone Total

* 989.5 ng/dL                               142.0 - 923.0    ;D

Testosterone Libre (free)

* 31.0 ng/dL                                     4.0 - 30.0      ;D

Testosterone Biodisponible

* 645.0 ng/dL                                        98.0 - 590.0

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

23.4 nmol/L                                              11.2 - 78.1

Alb˙min

3.8 g/dL                                                  3.0 - 5.0

Zooka15

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2015, 05:46:18 pm »
sblavesc

I was on TRT  for about 3 years with only testoserone and never had a good Free Test level(always on the ow level) until I learned about HCG and then I started having nice numbers for FRee test.

Did your doc provide, also if so how did you go about the conversation? On a side note how long does hcg last once mixed I see varying weeks on Google?

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2015, 06:03:42 pm »
sblavesc

Did your doc provide, also if so how did you go about the conversation? On a side note how long does hcg last once mixed I see varying weeks on Google?

No

Here where I live, you can go to the pharmacy and buy whatever you want. ;D . I learned about adding HCG on the forums .I don't think many doctors know about this, unfortunately.
54 years

HRT  protocol

62 mgs of Sustenon weekly one IM shot
600 IU HGC  weekly divided in two SQ shots
6 click of  HGH daily
1 ml of Progesteron cream daily
Half pill of Arimidex once a week

Last lab tests

Progesterone,
1.50 ng/mL                                       0.21 - 1.54

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66