Quantcast

Author Topic: HCG consensus and how to obtain  (Read 19051 times)

Zooka15

• View Profile
Re: HCG consensus and how to obtain
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2015, 09:09:05 pm »
Peak, what are your thoughts on HCG?

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 09:24:48 pm »
I spent my first 2.5 years on TRT with no HCG. Had no luck convincing any of the docs I was seeing to prescribe it so I had to find and switch to a doc who does.

I've been trying it with T for a couple of months. I'm still trying to dial things in. I've felt some evidence that it may be having an effect but nothing definitive yet.

What effects are you feeling it is having? How did you find a doc just by chance?

There has been a few hours on 2 separate days in the past 2 months where my libido was not zero. I would say on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is what it was at 19 years old, it was a 1 or 2.

As for a doc, I bit the bullet and traveled over 4 states to go see Dr. Shippen.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2015, 09:24:48 pm »

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2015, 09:26:30 pm »
I spent my first 2.5 years on TRT with no HCG. Had no luck convincing any of the docs I was seeing to prescribe it so I had to find and switch to a doc who does.

I've been trying it with T for a couple of months. I'm still trying to dial things in. I've felt some evidence that it may be having an effect but nothing definitive yet.

What effects are you feeling it is having? How did you find a doc just by chance?

There has been a few hours on 2 separate days in the past 2 months where my libido was not zero. I would say on a scale of 1-10, where 10 is what it was at 19 years old, it was a 1 or 2.

As for a doc, I bit the bullet and traveled over 4 states to go see Dr. Shippen.

What was your impression of Shippen?  I've heard very good things.  He seems like a mentor type to Crisler, and that can't be a bad thing!
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2015, 10:03:02 pm »
What was your impression of Shippen?  I've heard very good things.  He seems like a mentor type to Crisler, and that can't be a bad thing!

I'd say his reputation is well deserved. He is a really nice guy and very easy to talk to. Before seeing him I had to write a letter explaining my history and why I was coming to see him. My letter ended up being quite lengthy because I had already been to several TRT docs and tried several forms of treatment. In my 2 hour discussion with him it became apparent that he actually read, no, I would say studied, my letter because he actually referred back to comments that I had made in it. Most doctors I've seen don't look at my records until after they walk into the exam room.

The jury is still out as to whether he can actually help me or not, but I none of the other docs I've seen any idea what to do or try.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2015, 10:03:02 pm »

SomeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2015, 10:49:57 pm »

Have you noticed any increase in testicle size since adding the HCG?
Current protocol -- 66mg Test Cyp 3x per week, 0.1mg Arimidex 3x per week, 125 IU HCG every day.

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2015, 11:37:59 pm »

No, it does not seem like they've changed at all.

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2015, 11:44:57 pm »

I'd say his reputation is well deserved. He is a really nice guy and very easy to talk to. Before seeing him I had to write a letter explaining my history and why I was coming to see him. My letter ended up being quite lengthy because I had already been to several TRT docs and tried several forms of treatment. In my 2 hour discussion with him it became apparent that he actually read, no, I would say studied, my letter because he actually referred back to comments that I had made in it. Most doctors I've seen don't look at my records until after they walk into the exam room.

The jury is still out as to whether he can actually help me or not, but I none of the other docs I've seen any idea what to do or try.
If you don't mind me asking, how much does Dr. Shippen cost?

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2015, 12:31:30 am »

I think I have noticed an increase, some, yes.

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2015, 01:36:30 am »

If you don't mind me asking, how much does Dr. Shippen cost?

$600 for the initial consult. $185 for follow ups. Labs are covered by my insurance.

SomeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2015, 04:01:19 am »

Vinnay, how long were you on T without HCG before you started HCG? I'm trying to get a sense of how long a guy can be shut down and still bounce back.
Current protocol -- 66mg Test Cyp 3x per week, 0.1mg Arimidex 3x per week, 125 IU HCG every day.

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2015, 12:56:16 pm »

Vinnay, how long were you on T without HCG before you started HCG? I'm trying to get a sense of how long a guy can be shut down and still bounce back.

The testes will always (in the absence of some type of rare extenuating circumstance) be able to be restored to their original size.  It doesn't really matter how long you've been shut down, they'll bounce back with hCG.  It might take a couple of months, but it'll happen.  As long as the dose isn't too low there shouldn't be any issues.

Zooka15

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 09:47:40 pm »
Just wanted to bring this back up to the top to get others thoughts on HCG.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2015, 09:47:40 pm »