Quantcast

Author Topic: HCG consensus and how to obtain  (Read 20686 times)

timmy11

• View Profile
Re: HCG consensus and how to obtain
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2015, 06:10:18 pm »
Interesting!! I have been on just TRT for the past 7 months.  Is it too late to add HCG? My Dr. should be ok with it here in NY state. Thanks!

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 06:14:17 pm »
Interesting!! I have been on just TRT for the past 7 months.  Is it too late to add HCG? My Dr. should be ok with it here in NY state. Thanks!

Shouldn't be.  LH stimulation should happen pretty quickly, however any sperm production issues will take months if they've been downregulated (as they should be). 
"The same thing that makes you live can kill you in the end." -- Neil Young

March 2014: Dx low T (158ng/dl)
September 2015: Dx hypothyroidism, other adrenal hypofunction
2016: chronic fatigue, unspecified

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 06:14:17 pm »

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 06:46:26 pm »
sblavesc

I was on TRT  for about 3 years with only testoserone and never had a good Free Test level(always on the ow level) until I learned about HCG and then I started having nice numbers for FRee test.

I don't find any other explanation for that other than the use of HCG.

Did your doc provide, also if so how did you go about the conversation? On a side note how long does hcg last once mixed I see varying weeks on Google?

It depends on the manufacturer, but it's usually recommended to use it within 30-60 days after reconstitution.  It also needs to be refrigerated.

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 06:50:00 pm »

Shouldn't be.  LH stimulation should happen pretty quickly, however any sperm production issues will take months if they've been downregulated (as they should be).

Agree
54 years

HRT  protocol

62 mgs of Sustenon weekly one IM shot
600 IU HGC  weekly divided in two SQ shots
6 click of  HGH daily
1 ml of Progesteron cream daily
Half pill of Arimidex once a week

Last lab tests

Progesterone,
1.50 ng/mL                                       0.21 - 1.54

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66

Testosterone Total

* 989.5 ng/dL                               142.0 - 923.0    ;D

Testosterone Libre (free)

* 31.0 ng/dL                                     4.0 - 30.0      ;D

Testosterone Biodisponible

* 645.0 ng/dL                                        98.0 - 590.0

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

23.4 nmol/L                                              11.2 - 78.1

Alb˙min

3.8 g/dL                                                  3.0 - 5.0

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 06:50:00 pm »

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 06:53:27 pm »

Agree
I am having deep sleep issues and insomnia. It is possibly related to an inner ear issue, but if I followed these threads correctly, it should keep normal production of accompanying hormones like progesterone and others and then keep cortisol in check.  I literally cannot fall asleep at night for the past 3-4 weeks. Relying on naps and just keep on moving.

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 07:01:42 pm »

Agree
I am having deep sleep issues and insomnia. It is possibly related to an inner ear issue, but if I followed these threads correctly, it should keep normal production of accompanying hormones like progesterone and others and then keep cortisol in check.  I literally cannot fall asleep at night for the past 3-4 weeks. Relying on naps and just keep on moving.

Yikes!  You might try your old method of IM shots to feel better for a while, then come back and investigate with labwork after going back subq. 

Depression and anxiety guide: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Help_Anxiety_Depression

SteveT

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 07:13:21 pm »
I'm not sure my cortisol wasn't heading up before HcG - hard to say.  You know those things kind of sneak up on you.  I originally found Phosphatidyl serine (PS) (not to be confused with Seriphos Phosphorylated Serine)  PS was expensive and not very effective.  That lead me to Seriphos Phosphorylated Serine.  Google Seriphos Phosphorylated and Cortisol and you'll get a boatload of information.

For nighttime waking take it 6 hours before - if you wake a 3am take at 9pm.  I would take 1 cap at 9pm and another around midnight if I happened to wakeup.  You only need to take it for about a month.  If it hasn't done the trick stay off it for a week and then start again.

Also found the iodine on the nuts trick on the internet.  Don't know why but it does seem to be working.  I use 5 drops of jcrows iodine every morning.  It may be that it brings blood to them.  I understand using a vibrator on them for 10 or 15 minutes every day will do the same - but not very convenient. 

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2015, 07:24:19 pm »
I'm not sure my cortisol wasn't heading up before HcG - hard to say.  You know those things kind of sneak up on you.  I originally found Phosphatidyl serine (PS) (not to be confused with Seriphos Phosphorylated Serine)  PS was expensive and not very effective.  That lead me to Seriphos Phosphorylated Serine.  Google Seriphos Phosphorylated and Cortisol and you'll get a boatload of information.

For nighttime waking take it 6 hours before - if you wake a 3am take at 9pm.  I would take 1 cap at 9pm and another around midnight if I happened to wakeup.  You only need to take it for about a month.  If it hasn't done the trick stay off it for a week and then start again.

Also found the iodine on the nuts trick on the internet.  Don't know why but it does seem to be working.  I use 5 drops of jcrows iodine every morning.  It may be that it brings blood to them.  I understand using a vibrator on them for 10 or 15 minutes every day will do the same - but not very convenient.

Will do, thanks. 

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2015, 07:29:22 pm »

Agree

Yikes!  You might try your old method of IM shots to feel better for a while, then come back and investigate with labwork after going back subq.
K, I have blood work being done for sure this Thursday. Just injected this morning. I need some numbers before I adjust!! Like we talked earlier, my insomnia possibly has 2 other causes. Antibiotics, and inner ear issue.  If I wasn't on TRT it would be a lot worse. I do have energy and optimism just limited!!

Zooka15

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2015, 07:57:54 pm »
Any input from any other if they are using hcg or not. Or even if you started or stopped it. All this has me thinking so I made a appt with another doc just to get his thought, by chance has anyone had an experience with him?
http://www.ucl-stl.com/doctors/goldenberg.htm

Osprey

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2015, 08:11:17 pm »
I spent my first 2.5 years on TRT with no HCG. Had no luck convincing any of the docs I was seeing to prescribe it so I had to find and switch to a doc who does.

I've been trying it with T for a couple of months. I'm still trying to dial things in. I've felt some evidence that it may be having an effect but nothing definitive yet.

jinNE

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2015, 08:54:18 pm »
I did HCG before taking T and HCG had absolutely ZERO effect on my T levels. It was a waste of time - in my case - and I wish I had just gone to the T shots right away. Between the HCG, the gels, the pellets (nightmare), I lost close to a year of the good stuff - T injections! :)

Kierkegaard

• Hormone Shrink
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2015, 08:57:51 pm »
I did HCG before taking T and HCG had absolutely ZERO effect on my T levels. It was a waste of time - in my case - and I wish I had just gone to the T shots right away. Between the HCG, the gels, the pellets (nightmare), I lost close to a year of the good stuff - T injections! :)

Any chance you have primary (rather than secondary) hypogonadism?  Were your LH and FSH levels super high when you got bloodwork verifying your diagnosis?

Zooka15

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2015, 09:00:53 pm »
I spent my first 2.5 years on TRT with no HCG. Had no luck convincing any of the docs I was seeing to prescribe it so I had to find and switch to a doc who does.

I've been trying it with T for a couple of months. I'm still trying to dial things in. I've felt some evidence that it may be having an effect but nothing definitive yet.

What effects are you feeling it is having? How did you find a doc just by chance?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 09:07:22 pm »

If so, then you're probably one of the few primary guys on here.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2015, 09:07:22 pm »