Quantcast

Author Topic: Can We Get a List of HRT Clinics and Your Comments About Them?  (Read 12084 times)

Zooka15

• View Profile
Who Here uses them? Any recommended ones, Such as Defy, bodylogic?

Thanks

Shawn
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 04:26:47 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: Can We Get a List of HRT Clinics and Your Comments About Them?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 04:27:46 pm »
Guys have brought up Renew Youth, Low Testosterone Center and Ageless Men's Health on here.  Hopefully, we'll get some comments.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 04:27:46 pm »

timmy11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 05:31:27 pm »
With Defy right now. I am struggling with many issues of insomnia and anxiety. Their office staff have been good but I feel my Dr could be way more thorough and explain things.  Starting hcg and an amino acid injection called CALM to help me sleep better. Just switched to 30mg IM from 50mg IM because I have high free T and high estradiol at 50mg!

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 07:05:44 pm »
With Defy right now. I am struggling with many issues of insomnia and anxiety. Their office staff have been good but I feel my Dr could be way more thorough and explain things.  Starting hcg and an amino acid injection called CALM to help me sleep better. Just switched to 30mg IM from 50mg IM because I have high free T and high estradiol at 50mg!

Timmy did you happen to use Crisler through defy

Guys,

Forum rules do not allow singling out docs by name.  I know some of you may disagree with it, but I'm holding to that policy.  Please PM for that kind of information.
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 07:05:44 pm »

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2015, 07:10:49 pm »
I'm a patient of a doctor that I found through LowTestosterone.com.  I've been extremely happy with my decision to seek treatment through them.  My doctor is a good guy too, and was more than willing to try whatever it took to get me dialed in.  No complaints here.

I'll be happy to go into more detail if you like, just let me know what you'd like to hear.

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 10:34:43 pm »
I've talked about Renew Youth even posted some pricing, do a search.

Zooka15

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 11:38:42 pm »
Bump

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2015, 05:45:47 pm »
In all honesty if Low T Center was 10-15 minutes from home or work, I'd probably still be there for the simple fact that they take and file insurance. Even though it's an outdated regimen that they use, weekly injections, it was terribly convenient to walk in and walk out in 5 minutes time for $15 cost to me. I left them because the clinic was ~45 minutes one-way through rush hour traffic and the drive times and distance just weren't sustainable for me after ~9 weeks.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2015, 09:35:30 pm »
In all honesty if Low T Center was 10-15 minutes from home or work, I'd probably still be there for the simple fact that they take and file insurance. Even though it's an outdated regimen that they use, weekly injections, it was terribly convenient to walk in and walk out in 5 minutes time for $15 cost to me. I left them because the clinic was ~45 minutes one-way through rush hour traffic and the drive times and distance just weren't sustainable for me after ~9 weeks.

That's what I did for a year but with a different clinic.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2015, 09:37:13 pm »
If I was going to another clinic, I would actually interview them and my #1 question would be what are their criterion for taking someone off of HRT and what actions they take if a trigger event occurs.  To me that is actually more important than money and one of the reasons I am with a PCP now.  I could be wrong, but I believe they will be reasonable about any issues that arise just based on what I have seen.

zman429

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 10:48:19 pm »
If I was going to another clinic, I would actually interview them and my #1 question would be what are their criterion for taking someone off of HRT and what actions they take if a trigger event occurs.  To me that is actually more important than money and one of the reasons I am with a PCP now.  I could be wrong, but I believe they will be reasonable about any issues that arise just based on what I have seen.
I was going to Ageless Male for 9 months and could literally walk there very convient, all inclusive for $200/mo but I starting having blood pressure problems, it was 160/90 and appeared to start with trt and bp meds put me into a complete fog couldn't really drive.  They didn't lift one finger to help with treatment even though they could've all they did was side step the issue then they finally cut me off.  And my bp did not go down until I changed my diet.  I can get it down to 135/80 if I eat right.  Still need to lose some more weight down 10lbs.  I now beleive after getting 120/80 readings at several other $400/mo clinics that they may have misread my bp initially.  Anyhow, there ability to follow up with issues is important.

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 12:43:39 am »
I always felt like the weigh-in and BP was a sham to cover the office visit for insurance purposes. Sure they took readings and logged it but at times I'd ask them to retake my BP on the way out as my 45 minutes of road rage had me elevated and they always said no your good, and I know I was elevated watching them write the numbers down. I think we've talked about some of the money making aspects of the weekly office visit business model.

zman429

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 03:00:52 am »
It's interesting to watch them take a bp reading and let the air out so fast there is no way they could get a good reading.  I actually watch for that now.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 06:46:26 am »
I always felt like the weigh-in and BP was a sham to cover the office visit for insurance purposes. Sure they took readings and logged it but at times I'd ask them to retake my BP on the way out as my 45 minutes of road rage had me elevated and they always said no your good, and I know I was elevated watching them write the numbers down. I think we've talked about some of the money making aspects of the weekly office visit business model.

They're not worried about insurance.  They're worried about future litigation.  "Yes, we have a policy of regularly monitoring blood pressure in all of our patients."

NJDevil

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 06:41:25 pm »
timmy11 I Pm'ed you
Age 40
5'10" 190lbs

T          486 ng/dL
Free T   18.3 pg/mL
DHT      ??
E2(sensitive)         31.0 pg/mL
SHBG    24.6 nmol/L

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 06:41:25 pm »