Quantcast

Author Topic: My Peak Total and Free Testosterone Were High  (Read 15011 times)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: My Peak Total and Free Testosterone Were High
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2015, 02:07:12 am »
There are very few things more important that testosterone and estradiol, but that's one of 'em...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

augtrane

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 03:19:14 pm »
There are very few things more important that testosterone and estradiol, but that's one of 'em...

I've had my blood glucose checked a few times (always a couple hours after breakfast) and it's always very low. Usually right at 70, the range is 70 - 1??. My Dr. thinks that it's great and maybe it is. It just seems surprising to me, mainly due to being 50 pounds (at least) overweight. Anyone have any opinion on this?
31 years old 6'3" 270 lbs (the biggest I've ever been!)

Diagnosed December '14 with testosterone level @ 270.

Took Clomid until last week but only got my T up to 450 with VERY little symptom improvement.

150mg of Testosterone and .5mg of Arimidex (generic) every week for 6 weeks.

Trough reading of 468 and E2 of 44 on 3/18/15

3/24/15  starting on 120 mg T Cyp E4D followed by .5mg of anastrazole day after injection.

Hoping for the best.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2015, 03:19:14 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2015, 05:39:33 pm »

I've had my blood glucose checked a few times (always a couple hours after breakfast) and it's always very low. Usually right at 70, the range is 70 - 1??. My Dr. thinks that it's great and maybe it is. It just seems surprising to me, mainly due to being 50 pounds (at least) overweight. Anyone have any opinion on this?

And you're not struggling with fatigue, right?
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 06:33:31 pm »
Diabetics have ways to estimate it using devices, but I believe a blood test is the only really accurate one. 
I seen a number of 20% accuracy for home tests, higher accuracy when glucose is higher and lower accuracy when glucose is lower.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 06:33:31 pm »

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 07:28:37 pm »
Diabetics have ways to estimate it using devices, but I believe a blood test is the only really accurate one. 
I seen a number of 20% accuracy for home tests, higher accuracy when glucose is higher and lower accuracy when glucose is lower.

What do you mean?

That you cannot trust in those tests?
54 years

HRT  protocol

62 mgs of Sustenon weekly one IM shot
600 IU HGC  weekly divided in two SQ shots
6 click of  HGH daily
1 ml of Progesteron cream daily
Half pill of Arimidex once a week

Last lab tests

Progesterone,
1.50 ng/mL                                       0.21 - 1.54

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66

Testosterone Total

* 989.5 ng/dL                               142.0 - 923.0    ;D

Testosterone Libre (free)

* 31.0 ng/dL                                     4.0 - 30.0      ;D

Testosterone Biodisponible

* 645.0 ng/dL                                        98.0 - 590.0

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

23.4 nmol/L                                              11.2 - 78.1

Alb˙min

3.8 g/dL                                                  3.0 - 5.0

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2015, 07:40:30 pm »
I wouldnt say you cant trust home tests but they are not as accurate as a laboratory is.

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2015, 07:44:43 pm »

What do you mean?

The "prickless" glucose testing monitors that I've seen use infrared light that are absorbed into the sugar molecules.  The level of absorption is what the device measures and is able to give a reasonably accurate measurement, but it's not going to be as accurate as directly testing via blood.  At least, not with the current level of technology.  Maybe in the future they'll be able to improve upon it though.

If you're diabetic, blood glucose testing is still the gold standard.

augtrane

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2015, 10:06:40 pm »

Oh, I'm definitely struggling with fatigue. It's not nearly as bad since starting TRT but it would still be my chief physical (and sometimes mental) complaint.

Took Clomid until last week but only got my T up to 450 with VERY little symptom improvement.

3/24/15  starting on 120 mg T Cyp E4D followed by .5mg of anastrazole day after injection.

Hoping for the best.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 03:24:05 am »

The "prickless" glucose testing monitors that I've seen use infrared light that are absorbed into the sugar molecules.  The level of absorption is what the device measures and is able to give a reasonably accurate measurement, but it's not going to be as accurate as directly testing via blood.  At least, not with the current level of technology.  Maybe in the future they'll be able to improve upon it though.

Hydranted:  You'll be int'd (I think) in the fact that diabetics also have "continuous glucose monitoring" devices as well. 

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2015, 11:11:36 am »

Hydranted:  You'll be int'd (I think) in the fact that diabetics also have "continuous glucose monitoring" devices as well.

Lol yea, the responsible ones do!

I see TONS of diabetics in my line of work, and many of them are non-compliant with their meds/monitoring.

augtrane

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2015, 07:47:45 pm »

Oh, I'm definitely struggling with fatigue. It's not nearly as bad since starting TRT but it would still be my chief physical (and sometimes mental) complaint.

Peak T, what made you ask about the fatigue? Is there something I should be keeping an eye on, blood sugar wise. If I got this fatigue (mental and physical) under control, I think I could come very close to feeling like my old self again.

Hoping for the best.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2015, 08:57:29 pm »

Peak T, what made you ask about the fatigue? Is there something I should be keeping an eye on, blood sugar wise. If I got this fatigue (mental and physical) under control, I think I could come very close to feeling like my old self again.

Well, I was a little concerned about reactive hypoglycemia based on the above, although your timing doesn't exactly match.  You might read a bit about that and see if anything matches.

augtrane

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2015, 09:49:02 pm »

Well, I was a little concerned about reactive hypoglycemia based on the above, although your timing doesn't exactly match.  You might read a bit about that and see if anything matches.

A lot of the symptoms match. However I don't feel like there is much fluctuation in my symptoms throughout the day, they aren't worse after meals.

I wonder if you could test for this at home with one of those cheap glucose meters? What do you think? A $20 meter would be cheaper than a visit to the doctor.

Hoping for the best.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2015, 01:15:21 am »

A lot of the symptoms match. However I don't feel like there is much fluctuation in my symptoms throughout the day, they aren't worse after meals.

I wonder if you could test for this at home with one of those cheap glucose meters? What do you think? A $20 meter would be cheaper than a visit to the doctor.

Well, I don't think that kind of severe hypoglycemia is that common actually.  But I think every guy should have a meter, lancets and strips at home and so testing from time to time.  And you could quickly test to see if lower blood sugar corresponds to when you are feeling bad.

By the way, notice that the low end of "normal" blood sugar per this is 70:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypoglycemia/basics/definition/con-20021103

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2015, 01:15:21 am »