Quantcast

Author Topic: My Peak Total and Free Testosterone Were High  (Read 15010 times)

VinnAY

• View Profile
My Peak Total and Free Testosterone Were High
« on: April 14, 2015, 05:41:33 pm »
I made a minor slip up and tested on a Saturday morning while on a M/W/F injection routine when I should have perhaps drawn on Mon AM before my injection.
on a 24hr "high" of TCyp and HcG, I was very shocked at how high my numbers were TT/FT and SHBG which was low @ 12 which that wasn't too unexpected I was thinking 15-20 is typical for me the reason I put myself on this EOD regimen.
Has anyone else tested in the Peak and what did you think of your numbers.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 07:16:02 pm by PeakT »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: My Peak Total and Free Testosterone Were High
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:15:21 pm »
I made a minor slip up and tested on a Saturday morning while on a M/W/F injection routine when I should have perhaps drawn on Mon AM before my injection.
on a 24hr "high" of TCyp and HcG, I was very shocked at how high my numbers were TT/FT and SHBG which was low @ 12 which that wasn't too unexpected I was thinking 15-20 is typical for me the reason I put myself on this EOD regimen.
Has anyone else tested in the Peak and what did you think of your numbers.

I told you my story.  I had been with the clinc for a few months and they told me that they though I was peaking at about 1150 and thus under their 1200 physiological level threshold.  I went in for a physical and they pulled my total T for reasons unknown and I was at 1350.  My guess is a number of guys on here are too high and don't know it, because no one is testing their peak in general.  And with the cheap cost of testing here in the U.S., we don't have much of an excuse on this side of the ocean if you ask me...

Btw, can you post your testosterone numbers if you feel comfortable with it?
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 07:15:21 pm »

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 08:06:52 pm »
I'm very comfortable with testing in my troughs in the past being at ~900, but when I got this result of 1470 at the 24hr post 60mg injection, with 100iu HcG daily...I'm rather bothered by it. I'm not suffering any symptoms, the only thing that lingers on my mind is the RBC/Hematocrit which I don't necessarily mind donating a pint periodically. I need to donate again.
The Free T (Direct) I haven't had tested in a while and that one of course was >50 on the scale of 6.8-21.5. I ran a free and bio avail calculator and got these results along with my albumin of 4.1 and SHBG of 12.2:

Free Testosterone  55.5 ng/dl  3.77%   
Bioavailable Testosterone  1243 ng/dl   84.6%

E2 LC/MS/MS was 31 on 18.75mg Anastrozole M/W/F, I'm quite pleased about that number.

My ED persists but has for 18 months no matter what I do, what dose I use or what I take in HRT or OTC supps.   

And I LOVE the gym benefits.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:10:36 pm by VinnAY »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 09:38:52 pm »
I'm very comfortable with testing in my troughs in the past being at ~900, but when I got this result of 1470 at the 24hr post 60mg injection, with 100iu HcG daily...I'm rather bothered by it. I'm not suffering any symptoms, the only thing that lingers on my mind is the RBC/Hematocrit which I don't necessarily mind donating a pint periodically. I need to donate again.
The Free T (Direct) I haven't had tested in a while and that one of course was >50 on the scale of 6.8-21.5. I ran a free and bio avail calculator and got these results along with my albumin of 4.1 and SHBG of 12.2:

Free Testosterone  55.5 ng/dl  3.77%   
Bioavailable Testosterone  1243 ng/dl   84.6%

E2 LC/MS/MS was 31 on 18.75mg Anastrozole M/W/F, I'm quite pleased about that number.

My ED persists but has for 18 months no matter what I do, what dose I use or what I take in HRT or OTC supps.   

And I LOVE the gym benefits.

Yeah, those #s are a little beefy. 

Hey, have you dived into the role of possible insulin resistance?  Sounds like you might be at the beginnings? (And your SHBG #s are now very similar to Sam's.)
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 09:38:52 pm »

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 12:39:37 am »
I don't know about insulin resistance but did talk to my nurse a few months ago on a general physical and asked her to test glucose or diabetic etc

glucose was 87 (65-99), I'd like that to be lower but it's good. AST (36) and ALT (22) for liver were both in range.

Hydranted

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 02:28:54 am »
I don't see any issue with the timing of your bloodwork.  Those numbers are a pretty good representation of where they'll be on any day of the week on that protocol.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 06:44:05 am »
I don't know about insulin resistance but did talk to my nurse a few months ago on a general physical and asked her to test glucose or diabetic etc

glucose was 87 (65-99), I'd like that to be lower but it's good. AST (36) and ALT (22) for liver were both in range.

AST and ALT are not that early stage fatty liver detectors.  You have to be pretty far along before they are getting jacked.

Fasting glucose is not that great of a predictor of diabetes.  What is the best predictor per a number of studies?  Post-meal glucose.  See this page:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Normal_Postprandial_Blood_Glucose_Levels

In addition, low SHBG is in and of itself an excellent forecaster per one study out there.

Also, here are quite a few links on the subject:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Hdr_Diabetes_Prediabetes

I also recommend you get an A1C.  Great number of have and shows your average blood glucose, which is obviously incredibly important.  Surely your doc pulled A1C?

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 12:29:29 pm »
I didn't see anything on the results labeled A1C, maybe it's under another term?

VinnAY

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 12:30:19 pm »
I don't see any issue with the timing of your bloodwork.  Those numbers are a pretty good representation of where they'll be on any day of the week on that protocol.

Ya exactly, I liked it as turns out just not quite that high, I was just shocked actually.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 04:23:12 pm »
I didn't see anything on the results labeled A1C, maybe it's under another term?
Hb(A1c) or glycated hemoglobin.  I believe 5.7% is usually considered prediabetic.  Super important # for anti-aging purposes and can provide insight into insulin resistance.  This is a particularly important # for low carb and low fat guys to monitor.  This is one of the evidences that their diet is doing what they think it is doing...

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2015, 09:40:28 pm »
Peak

Which method do you use to measure your glucose?

Do you have to pinch your finger everytime ? :-[
54 years

HRT  protocol

62 mgs of Sustenon weekly one IM shot
600 IU HGC  weekly divided in two SQ shots
6 click of  HGH daily
1 ml of Progesteron cream daily
Half pill of Arimidex once a week

Last lab tests

Progesterone,
1.50 ng/mL                                       0.21 - 1.54

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66

Testosterone Total

* 989.5 ng/dL                               142.0 - 923.0    ;D

Testosterone Libre (free)

* 31.0 ng/dL                                     4.0 - 30.0      ;D

Testosterone Biodisponible

* 645.0 ng/dL                                        98.0 - 590.0

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

23.4 nmol/L                                              11.2 - 78.1

Alb˙min

3.8 g/dL                                                  3.0 - 5.0

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2015, 10:10:45 pm »
Peak

I have to stick my finger, i.e. draw blood.  I think that's what you meant?

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 10:28:19 pm »
Peak

I have to stick my finger, i.e. draw blood.  I think that's what you meant?

I meant to ask if everytime you have to take blood out from your finger and what device you use?
54 years

HRT  protocol

6 click of  HGH daily

Last lab tests

Progesterone,

Estradiol,
26 pg/mL                                              5 - 66

Testosterone Total

* 989.5 ng/dL                               142.0 - 923.0    ;D

Testosterone Libre (free)

* 31.0 ng/dL                                     4.0 - 30.0      ;D

Testosterone Biodisponible

* 645.0 ng/dL                                        98.0 - 590.0

Sex Hormone Binding Globulin

23.4 nmol/L                                              11.2 - 78.1

Alb˙min

3.8 g/dL                                                  3.0 - 5.0

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 10:33:30 pm »

I meant to ask if everytime you have to take blood out from your finger and what device you use?

Yes, I do.  Diabetics have ways to estimate it using devices, but I believe a blood test is the only really accurate one.  In the U.S. Walmart now puts out dirt cheap monitors, lances and strips.  I'm using a Walgreens one but will replace it with Walmart's eventually just to save money.

factor5a

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 11:32:21 pm »

Yes, I do.  Diabetics have ways to estimate it using devices, but I believe a blood test is the only really accurate one.  In the U.S. Walmart now puts out dirt cheap monitors, lances and strips.  I'm using a Walgreens one but will replace it with Walmart's eventually just to save money.
I see
Gracias !

I'll buy one and will start testing myself.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:06:30 am by PeakT »
54 years

HRT  protocol

6 click of  HGH daily

Last lab tests

Progesterone,

Estradiol,