Quantcast

Author Topic: What should I ask doc regarding questionable protocol?  (Read 2800 times)

Muswell

• View Profile
What should I ask doc regarding questionable protocol?
« on: April 30, 2015, 03:10:04 am »
Greetings!

You might remember me as the long-winded, pot-smoking, overweight, low-t sufferer who was injected with 400 mg of cypianate on 4/6/15 by a urologist after a month of Androgel didn't work. Doc scheduled me to come back on 5/11 for another injection (I don't know the long-term protocol planned for me.)

This brings me to my point: I called the doc today and spoke to the condescending nurse lady. I didn't remember them instructing me to do labs befor 5/11 appt so I was calling to clarify. She informed me they don't do labs until 6 months after I started THT.  I'm not kidding.

I told her that I'd been doing a little research, and their plan seemed absurd. She said it was their common practice: as are injections every 4 weeks or two weeks. I asked her if what I'd read on here and in Peak T's papers was true and that the high dose and length of time before my next injection was a counter-productive protocol and that my estrogen/estradiol (which is it?)  was going to negate the injection. She became rigid and said no. I asked her if my weight/lifestyle could possibly be affecting my testosterone to the point that the doc would prescribe TRT and she got defensive.  I told her I was nervous about my treatment and that I wanted to talk to the doc (which is what I pressed for when I first talked to her.)
So, he's calling me tomorrow. What do I say? What do I ask? Please keep in mind the following;

If I need TRT he is pretty much it, I believe. I reside in a place that doesn't have many options. I do not believe my insurance will pay for online testosterone shopping.  I don't believe I'm in a position to fire him...yet.

I am working toward altering my lifestyle. Making some real strides. Won't happen overnight, and I already started the TRT....so ideally I should have waited to start TRT until I was totally fit, but I honestly didn't know about it / do the research first like I should have.

Been about 23 days...haven't felt much. A little more libido possibly, but it really wasn't bad to begin with.

Any ideas you have for info I should try to get from the urologist would be greatly appreciated!
41 years old
230lbs
5'11"
T level 198 on 3/30/15
1st treatment: 400mg t cyp on 4/6/2015

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
Re: What should I ask doc regarding questionable protocol?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:54:06 am »
Greetings!

You might remember me as the long-winded, pot-smoking, overweight, low-t sufferer who was injected with 400 mg of cypianate on 4/6/15 by a urologist after a month of Androgel didn't work. Doc scheduled me to come back on 5/11 for another injection (I don't know the long-term protocol planned for me.)

This brings me to my point: I called the doc today and spoke to the condescending nurse lady. I didn't remember them instructing me to do labs befor 5/11 appt so I was calling to clarify. She informed me they don't do labs until 6 months after I started THT.  I'm not kidding.

I told her that I'd been doing a little research, and their plan seemed absurd. She said it was their common practice: as are injections every 4 weeks or two weeks. I asked her if what I'd read on here and in Peak T's papers was true and that the high dose and length of time before my next injection was a counter-productive protocol and that my estrogen/estradiol (which is it?)  was going to negate the injection. She became rigid and said no. I asked her if my weight/lifestyle could possibly be affecting my testosterone to the point that the doc would prescribe TRT and she got defensive.  I told her I was nervous about my treatment and that I wanted to talk to the doc (which is what I pressed for when I first talked to her.)
So, he's calling me tomorrow. What do I say? What do I ask? Please keep in mind the following;

If I need TRT he is pretty much it, I believe. I reside in a place that doesn't have many options. I do not believe my insurance will pay for online testosterone shopping.  I don't believe I'm in a position to fire him...yet.

I am working toward altering my lifestyle. Making some real strides. Won't happen overnight, and I already started the TRT....so ideally I should have waited to start TRT until I was totally fit, but I honestly didn't know about it / do the research first like I should have.

Been about 23 days...haven't felt much. A little more libido possibly, but it really wasn't bad to begin with.

Any ideas you have for info I should try to get from the urologist would be greatly appreciated!

Wow.  That's just crazy if you are talking about 400 mg of enanthate or cypionate once per month.  I simply cannot imagine anyone coming up with that protocol.  I actually think it's dangerous for a small percentage of men more than likely due to the spike in estradiol levels that will occur.  Furthermore, because you will rebound and crash through your old baseline, you will probably end up pretty severely hypogonadal - can't remember your baseline though - for several weeks out of the month. 

However, the only thing I can say is that it does get you into the system and then that way you are labelled as hypogonadal.  Don't forget it will negatively impact fertility.

What's funny is this doc will be thinking, "HRT never works.  I don't know why guys want it so badly."  Well, of course, it doesn't work with a horrible protocol like this!

Anyway, I don't know what to tell you.  The whole is diabolical. 
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:54:06 am »

txmx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:24:03 am »
Other than lifestyle changes and quitting pot, if this urologist and protocol are your only option, and you have to deal with condescending staff, get with Defy medical in Florida, even if insurance doesn't pay. Go to excelmale.com for info on Defy. You will most likely have better results and it may not cost that much. Better than being forced into something that you already know isn't right and will have poor results. You could just focus really hard on the lifestyle issues for now and then revisit TRT later. Who knows, lifestyle changes might help more than you think.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 08:24:03 am »