Quantcast

Author Topic: 25mg clomid  (Read 13208 times)

henngiss

• View Profile
25mg clomid
« on: November 22, 2012, 12:16:07 pm »
Based on your suggestions and comments I have been trying to cut back to 25mg of clomid.  I have done that the past two days with pretty good results.  I also focused on eating healthy and exercising more.  I don't get the same strong affect after taking clomid like I used to, so I must be getting more to the maintenance dose area.  Exercise seems to be helping a lot too.  I ran two nights ago, and I kept telling myself to slow the pace, but I kept going faster.  I haven't had a strong run like that in a very long time.  I went out last night and took it easy to recover.  Yesterday I got some things done and felt more motivated.  I will be working on staying positive and having a good attitude.  Overall I am improving.  It will be a month since taking celexa and valium on Friday.  I don't even carry valium anymore, as I am confident I won't need it.  Thank you clomid, and thank you Peak Testosterone.  Have a happy Thanksgiving day.

feelgood

• View Profile
Re: 25mg clomid
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 01:41:31 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving to you too...

that's great to hear! i think 25mg of day is good, and even if you started with 50mg a day for a little bit, and then cut back to 25mg a day, that would be great.

Very good to hear you're feeling well. I'm down to 12.5mg a day, as i've been on it for over 8 months, and thought i should taper a bit. Clomid overall worked pretty well for me in overall T levels. But i am waiting on some HCG just to give my body a break from clomid and "see" how i do on HCG.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 01:41:31 pm »

henngiss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 02:16:57 pm »
Thanks starry,

Have you ever tried taking clomid every other day (EOD)?  I keep wondering what the benefits of that are.  I have been thinking about my upcoming appointment with the urologist on 12/7.  I mainly got this appointment to get in with someone other than my current endo.  Maybe the endo is right on about the clomid though?  Is it preferrable to use clomid to stimulate your body to increase T levels, over just injecting T directly into your body?  The logic seems to make sense.  If your body has the ability to produce the needed T, why not just have your body produce it by increasing LH with clomid?  I realize clomid doesn't work for everyone, and it may not long term for me either.  But assuming clomid is fairly safe long term, does TRT have any advantages over clomid?  TRT can reduce testicle size right, while clomid doesn't carry that risk?

I guess what I am thinking about is what if the urologist says TRT is much better and clomid is useless.  Should I just say, ok give me my T then?  I shouldn't worry about it though, most likely the urologist will be reasonable about it and disscuss the pros and cons of any treatment plan.  If not, I should keep looking for a urologist that I work well with.  On the other hand, maybe the endo is a genius and I can stop taking the clomid in a couple of months, and my body will work normal again after the restart.  Well, at least I have options now, and things are moving in the right direction.  It is much better to worry about clomid vs. TRT, than to worry about why nobody has any idea what is wrong with me, or worrying about whether I should give up and just suffer through life or pour more money into doctors who don't know what's wrong.

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:24:14 pm »
oh gosh, yes - you're right on. I think ANYONE would say that increasing your own, internal testosterone production via something like clomid is better than external testosterone, for a whole host of reasons (retain fertility, no testicle shrinkage, in fact they grow, etc etc). If you can tolerate clomid well, and you feel good on it, then YES you are doing the right thing. I think the one thing that *can* happen, or i should say is a characteristic of clomid, is that yes, it raises your T, but for whatever reason, you don't "feel" it/the big benefits as you do from T shots/pellets/gels what have you. It's not really known why. The same is sometimes said of HCG.  However many guys DO feel great on Clomid and really *do* notice the difference.  So i think you are doing the right thing, pushing for clomid, at least at first, and especially if you're feeling like you're benefiting and such.

for me, i guess i really didn't have terrible low T symptoms prior to starting therapy. Maybe some brain fog and lessened libido. So it was sort of hard  for me to notice what clomid was really doing for me, other than the comfort in knowing that my blood levels of T were indeed rising, and that was helping other areas possibly (osteopenia, endothelial, vascular issues, etc).

For about the first 6 months, i did 50mg every other day. then two months ago i switched to 25mg every day (sounds like the same thing, right? who knows)....Now, 12.5mg every day for the last week. I didn't tell my doc i dropped it. I kinda am curious to see how my levels are right now at that dose, but i think i'm going to start HCG before my next blood test, so i guess i'll never know.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:24:14 pm »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 07:31:04 pm »
oh gosh, yes - you're right on. I think ANYONE would say that increasing your own, internal testosterone production via something like clomid is better than external testosterone

Great summary of the advantages and I'm glad you're having good success with it.  But the counterargument against Clomid is that it is a pharmaceutical and unknown long term...
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

feelgood

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 02:18:23 am »
yes, good to point it out...it raises your own T, but sure, it's a drug, so.... My urologist said he thinks it's safe for years of usage...who knows.

you have to weigh any possible side effects of long term usage against the ravages of long term low T. To me it's a no-brainer (for guys that are never gonna be able to raise T enough naturally to get out of hypogonadal range)

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 02:33:08 am »
yes, good to point it out...it raises your own T, but sure, it's a drug, so.... My urologist said he thinks it's safe for years of usage...who knows.

you have to weigh any possible side effects of long term usage against the ravages of long term low T. To me it's a no-brainer (for guys that are never gonna be able to raise T enough naturally to get out of hypogonadal range)

Reasoning duly noted...
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

henngiss

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2012, 12:16:48 pm »
Thanks for the information.  It sounds like TRT is generally considered safer long term than clomid, since clomid has less of a history to draw from.  I am not concerned regarding fertility so that is not so much a factor for me.  It seems like I should do more research regaring TRT vs. clomid so I will have a better understanding of my options.

So far I can certainly feel the difference with clomid.  I was not expecting that either.  Just yesterday, I woke up feeling pretty good.  Gradually during the morning I was feeling worse.  It was getting quite unbearable (fatique, brain fog, anxiety) and at maybe 10:00am I took 25mg of clomid.  I always start a timer on my watch when I take clomid to keep track of the effects over time.  I could start to feel the effects in just 15 or 20 minutes.  In 30 minutes, I was remarkably better and continued to improve for several hours before the effects leveled off.

I don't always feel the effects in such a dramatic manner, and I thought that was going away before yesterday happened.  So far, clomid has similar effects on me as valium does.  Of course I feel better about taking clomid vs. valium, and boosting T levels is important and healthy.  With clomid withdrawing from valium was a breeze, as I never once craved or even felt like I needed valium.  I withdrew from klonopin a couple of years ago, and that was a very painful process.  So going on valium was a difficult decision for me.  It is such a relief to be done with valium in such an easy way.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:34:29 pm by henngiss »

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2012, 02:27:29 pm »
Thanks for the information.  It sounds like TRT is generally considered safer long term than clomid, since clomid has less of a history to draw from. 

The other line of thinking is that testosterone is a natural molecule that your body is expecting and needing.  By adding normal - and I emphasize normal - levels of testosterone, you are simply restoring your body to its natural state.

Now is that reasoning correct?  Well, it seems to be, but I certainly don't have a crystal ball, so you have to do your own research.

But here is just one example:  I spoke with one worker at an HRT clinic recently and she said every one of her patients that was a type II diabetic was able to get completely off of insulin.  Now in some case, they still had to stay on Metformin.  But still that is incredible.  Every patient reverting to their pre-insulin days!  This alone will dramatically improve the health of men. 

Does that mean there are no problems with HRT?  Well, no one can say that yet, but it is amazing what it can do...

henngiss

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 12:10:29 pm »
Thank you, I understand what you are saying.  Clomid is raising my T for sure, but what else is it doing?  I may not know for manys years to come.  The main concern with TRT seems to be fertility issues.  I am done having kids, and lower sperm count just sounds like extra birth control to me, sounds like a good thing.  I feel better now about talking to the doctor and listening to what his experience has to offer.  In the meantime, I will continue to learn what I can myself.

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 07:20:31 pm »
Some people are concerned about a slight worsening of lipid profiles with TRT.  However, I think that is way overblown due to the fact it helps men lose weight, improves insulin dramatically and improves nitric oxide.  Put this all together and I feel certain that this will be a net positive on the cardiovascular side.  But tha'ts my two cents...

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 07:20:31 pm »