Quantcast

Author Topic: Sea Salt Boosting My Libido?  (Read 5298 times)

kregger

• View Profile
Sea Salt Boosting My Libido?
« on: June 21, 2015, 02:47:59 am »
For the last few weeks I've been eating about half a watermelon a day. This isn't anything new for me. Every summer I tend to indulge in too much melon madness. What is new, however, is how much salt I've been adding to my watermelon obsession. I used to eat the melon plain, but now I keep a sea salt shaker closeby and sprinkle a little on every bite. For the past week I've been waking up in the morning as horny as can be. In fact, I've had to masturbate just to get myself to relax and get ready for work. This got me to Googling "sea salt libido" and sure enough, there are some links. I know some will insist it's the citrulline, but I've given citrulline powders multiple trials and never noticed anything from them. Just throwing this sea salt idea out there in case anybody else is looking to experiment.
1st Labs:
Total Testosterone: 497 (range is 348 - 1197)
Free Testosterone: 6.1 (range is 8.7 - 25.1)
DHEA: 204.2 (range is 102.6 - 416.3)
Luteinizing Hormone: 9.8 (range is 1.7 - 8.6)
Estradiol: 16.2 (range is 8.0 - 35.0)

Started 25mg daily Clomid (through Defy Medical) on 11/03/16

2nd Labs:
Total Testosterone: 962 (range is 348 - 1197)
Free Testosterone: 12.0 (range is 8.7 - 25.1)
DHEA: 377.5 (range is 102.6 - 416.3)
Luteinizing Hormone: 11.4 (range is 1.7 - 8.6)
Estradiol: 26.1 (range is 8.0 - 35.0)

croaker24

• View Profile
Re: Sea Salt Boosting My Libido?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 12:40:05 pm »
For the last few weeks I've been eating about half a watermelon a day. This isn't anything new for me. Every summer I tend to indulge in too much melon madness. What is new, however, is how much salt I've been adding to my watermelon obsession. I used to eat the melon plain, but now I keep a sea salt shaker closeby and sprinkle a little on every bite. For the past week I've been waking up in the morning as horny as can be. In fact, I've had to masturbate just to get myself to relax and get ready for work. This got me to Googling "sea salt libido" and sure enough, there are some links. I know some will insist it's the citrulline, but I've given citrulline powders multiple trials and never noticed anything from them. Just throwing this sea salt idea out there in case anybody else is looking to experiment.

Despite all the hype, sea salt is still in the neighborhood of 85% or more sodium chloride with barely existing traces of other minerals.    The only stuff I found on sea salt and libido is from
the naturopaths types - not exactly the most reliable sources for medical information.     

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 12:40:05 pm »

seppuku

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 04:05:57 pm »
Hmm, interesting.  Salt is very important for adrenal health, and low adrenal activity would reduce libido. Here's an interesting article on salt and sex:

http://m.ndt.oxfordjournals.org/content/23/7/2154.full

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 04:12:03 pm »

It's possible but there is very little data on it.  Basically, the theory is that we need certain trace minerals in minute amounts and some of us don't get those trace minerals due to low stomach acid, depeleted soils, poor diet, etc.  There is a product sold here in the U.S. that I have given some coverage to:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/What_Is_Concentrace

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Concentrace_Review
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 04:12:03 pm »

rainydays

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 02:56:34 pm »
Have heard from both: those with low sodium diets - perhaps too low. And those with iodine deficiencies - which is then improved when iodine is imparted into the salt.

Sighalot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 05:45:45 pm »
Have heard from both: those with low sodium diets - perhaps too low. And those with iodine deficiencies - which is then improved when iodine is imparted into the salt.
Would it be possible to skip salt and use iodine supplements to verify that theory?

rainydays

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 12:55:50 pm »
I've heard so. Google bang iodine erection.

I think I've even read some stuff here by Peak about it?

PeakT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Peak Testosterone
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 04:31:56 pm »
I've heard so. Google bang iodine erection.

I think I've even read some stuff here by Peak about it?

The only thing I have discussed is that iodine supplementation alone gives you a nice boost and makes you feel good for a few months and then you reverse course and feel terrible.  We've had a couple of guys on here actually explain that is what happened with them.  Chris Kresser has talked about that.  But, as far as just making sure you are getting iodine in your salt, that's a bit different.
THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE BOOK ON TRT/TESTOSTERONE:
https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Versus-Testosterone-Therapy-Myer/dp/1523210532/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499116128&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+versus+testosterone+therapy
And check out my New Peak Testosterone Program: http://www.peaktestosterone.com/peak_testosterone_program
If you are on medications or have a medical condition, always check with your doctor first before making any lifestyle changes or taking new supplements.  And low testosterone is a medical condition.

Peak Testosterone Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 04:31:56 pm »